Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Cramer on ICON Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Inspector62
Posted : Tuesday, April 4, 2006 6:36:48 PM
Cramer made a pretty good case for ICON yesterday from a fundamental standpoint. The chart looks pretty good too. I wouldn't buy here, but I will on the first pullback.
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 12:43:19 AM
Cramer is the best clown in the Street Circus. He should get a special hat and of course a special nose.
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 3:25:43 AM
ICON has been in my system since 6/16/2005. What is the news from Cramer? I think you do opposite what he saids and you will make money - it is called the Crambo effect(a new indicator).
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 7:41:05 AM
Actually I have a watchlist of picks from cramers show.

His picks have been quite good as long as you use technical analysis to buy and sell them. Since he gives on entry/exit advice.

It seems we may have a new medical condition on our hands:

Cramer Envy.

BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 2:36:46 PM
Envy?? I would say I don't give a d about what he has to say. It makes me upset that he breaks the potential of many candidates due to the indiligence of many of his dumb followers who trade base on tips because their lazy asses and lack of knowledge don't allow for anything else.
But I am sure as they get burn, and lots are just getting toasted, the circus show will fade and we won't have to be watching for the crambo effect no longer.
To me it makes no difference, its just made my job a little harder originally. Now I wait up in the hills for this dummies to come along so I can toast them. This is easier than playing the news.
HaveNoCents
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 4:04:29 PM
Cramer does have an effect on the market, but typically for only a few days. His picks have been pretty good overall, and I would bet if you invested in every one of his recommendations you would be doing well, but most people get impatient and sell too early.

As diceman said, you definitely have to pick your spots for entry because he moves a stock way too much the very next day.

There will be people holding his picks that will get BURNED BIG TIME if they don't use technical analysis to know when to get out. Many of his followers have no clue what they are doing, and like most sheep, they will be clipped.
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 4:10:12 PM
Well BigBlock

Cramers followers are fools.

People who read investors business daily are fools.

At least your consistent.
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 5:12:44 PM
Ohhh! don't get me going dice becouse we are in for a long one here.
IBD? it is just a business as well as the crambo show.
Don't you see - Their only goal is to benefit from your ignorance which they attend to solve by you paying them a fee in exchange for solving your ignorance. But the ignorance isn't solved. So you pay, and improve nothing.
I have already said here that if you are the rank type you won't go too far in the markets. Ranks are as worthless as the IBD subscriptions and crambo picks.
If you want to find out the fundamental situation of a company the A+ grade of IBD is a quick fix that wont take you long. You need to find the best reliable data and do your work, if you don't know how learn.
If you like to find out the technical condition of a stock find the best raw data and tools and go to work, if you don't know how - learn.
Quick fixes, the news circus in NBC or CBC or whatever are not going to give you any edge - they are going to confused you.
I am telling you from 14 yrs of experience. I have done my share of mistakes and know better now.
If you like crambo picks, and IBD go for it. I do not object this is a free land, but also free in opinions and I just gave you mine.
good luck
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 6:13:44 PM
BigBlock,

For some strange reason you seem to be under the false illusion.
That Cramer and IBD stock pics have been bad. Far from it.

Why do you imply that if you use IBD you don't know what you are doing and are automatically "ignorant" Is someone of intelligence
not allowed to buy a financial paper?

Are people also fools that use value line?

Should I try to put the value line investment survey together myself as a learning experience?

I guess I could stop using TC and plot my charts by hand with pencil and paper.

The proof is in the pudding and both Cramer and IBD have been very successful at picking/ranking stocks.

If there results were as poor as you imply. No one would be buying their paper or watching the show.

Thanks
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 6:22:22 PM
You are under the false ilusion that by listening to cramer and buying IBD you will be doing well in the markets. As I said, you are free to do as you please, and if it works for you - great. I know many, who have perish due to the fact. Many others will tell you they are doing great, when indeed they are lying.
Anyone can buy IBD - it doesn't make you an intelectual to do so.
The point here is that you can do better, keep things under better focus, and profit more by implementing your own techniques (if you have what it takes to be a trader). Techniques and systems that you make according to your personality and not someone else.
It is far better to learn how to fish, than to be given the fish.
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 6:38:30 PM
What makes you think I don't know how to fish???

When someone moves they can rent a truck, load it themselves, drive it to their new location and unload.

Or

They can hire movers. (does that make them weak???)

Does buying an investment paper mean you don't know about investing???

Does looking at a stock you post here as "one that has entered your system" make me as big a fool as Cramer or IBD followers?

Feed a man a fish you have feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish you have feed him for a lifetime.

Thanks
jryanweb
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 6:42:51 PM
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him a day.
Teach a man to fish and he'll spend all his money on fishing gears.
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 6:43:25 PM
Good one !!!
S2
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 6:56:30 PM
It was the exposure to IBD that got me into trading a few years back. After the initial feeling of empowerment I soon began to realize that IBD presents a fairly narrow facet of trading in trying to force everything into a cup with handle in order to be succesful. They do a good job of educating people in the IBD mold and pretty much ignore or downplay everything else. That there data and ranking sytems are used by the industry and many individuals indicates that they do have a following.

It was the IBD forums that led me to Telechart and suggestions for further reading and self-education on trading. So, while the IBD CANSLIM method is fundamental based using TA setups it was their forum that added the value for me; jsut as this forum adds a lot of value for the TC community. Many IBD followers are quite happy following the IBD mantra, just as many people are happy to go to the store to get their fish. Some may make money with IBD, I think most see cup with handles that don't exist and don't know anything else to look for or try.

As for Cramer I've never watched his show, I now he has some sway in the market and believe that there are people that will buy simply because he says so, unless he is there telling them when to sell, and they are listening, I doubt they will be successful over the long term because they don't know why the are buying or what should tell them when to sell.

This phenomena is not unusual at this point in time when we are so dependent on someone else for almost all aspects of our lives from the landscaping of our yards and the repair of our cars to telling us which candidate to vote for rather than informing us of what the candidate really believes in, stands for and will do if elected. Sorry state of afairs.

HaveNoCents
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 7:10:14 PM
I personally like IBD. They do their homework, and that homework is far better than anything I could come up with on my own. I don't need them for technical analysis as I can handle that myself, but I do need them for fundamental analysis. The IBD 100 keeps me abreast of the top performing stocks in the market. How can that be a bad thing?
S2
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 7:24:40 PM
It isn't a bad thing; and they do have some good fundamental data. In many cases by the time a stock hits the IBD 100 it is at the top of it's run. There is a saying on the IBD forums about the IBD curse, once a stock hits #1, or even in the top 10, it will soon turn down.

Don't forget, the "I" in IBD is for Investor, not trader. If you have a long term investment perspective knowing you are dealing with a company with sound fundamentals is good, if it finally has gotten to the IBD 100 it may be a good long term investment. Conversely if you are a hit and run trader with short time frames by the time it makes the IBD 100 it is probably made most of it's run and you would do better to look elsewhere. Which is why I've gotten into candlestick reversals, get in early with low risk; if I'm wrong I'm out early with minimal losses and on to the next opportunity.
HaveNoCents
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 8:00:42 PM
The way to make money from the ibd 100 is after a market correction. It becomes very easy to see which stocks were fairly valued. Typically there are two 8-10 percent corrections per year. One can just invest during those times and beat the market every single year.
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 8:04:43 PM
QUOTE (diceman)
What makes you think I don't know how to fish???

When someone moves they can rent a truck, load it themselves, drive it to their new location and unload.

Or

They can hire movers. (does that make them weak???)

Does buying an investment paper mean you don't know about investing???

Does looking at a stock you post here as "one that has entered your system" make me as big a fool as Cramer or IBD followers?

Feed a man a fish you have feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish you have feed him for a lifetime.

Thanks

Never said you don't know how to fish. Do you?. In fact I don't even know who you are. Your mover's example mostly irrelevant.
And as for my picks they are completely unbiased. In fact they are mostly posted to serve as examples of different technical conditions.
If you are using them and buying or selling because I say so. Then you carry on with the consequences as you do when you take from Cramer, IBD, or anywhere else. By the way, you don't believe that crambo picks are unbiased do you? would be foolish don't you think?
Only when you come up with your own picks you will succeed as you will not establish a inner reason for that trade, there for you don't know why, when, or how. You only know what and where. That is missing half of the story, and so eventually you will be missing half of your money.
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 8:13:36 PM
QUOTE (HaveNoCents)
I personally like IBD. They do their homework, and that homework is far better than anything I could come up with on my own. I don't need them for technical analysis as I can handle that myself, but I do need them for fundamental analysis. The IBD 100 keeps me abreast of the top performing stocks in the market. How can that be a bad thing?

The only way you can get the most accurate fundamental analysis is by getting the most recent fundamental information and analysing yourselrf.
IBD rankings for fundamentals as well as others are not updated fast enough. ]
Find a company with Rank A or A+ that reports revenue below lets say a year ago and then check the rank again an hour, a day, a week, or even longer in some cases. The ranking still the same A+. I came across a few of those while I used IBD in the past. That is what told me it was worthless.
I have the same concept that most of you have, but I proved it to be wrong.
Keep your eyes opened, and your mind opened. Do not take any info as for valid - double check with other sources (I recommend wallstreed journal on line), and you will see sooner rather than later what I just trying to tell you, and the rest of the folks here.
good luck
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 9:05:04 PM
Quote:"Never said you don't know how to fish. Do you?."

Yes.

Quote: "Your mover's example mostly irrelevant."

My point was you can do something yourself or have someone do it for you. Just because you choose to have them do it for you doesn't mean you cant do it yourself. If I read about a stock in the paper or hear Cramer suggest a stock It does not mean I am lazy or stupid. There are about 6000 useful stocks maybe they will suggest something I've missed.

A stock that is spotlighted in IBD or one that is mentioned by Cramer or one that is mention by you is simply that and nothing more. You must decided if it is worthwhile. You must decide to buy or sell. I see no reason to denigrate the source.

I would not speak of IBD or Cramer as if they were some type of boiler room operation taking advantage of the unsuspecting masses. The track records of both speak for themselves.

I would not speak of their followers as blind lemmings waiting to lose their shirt on the next pump and dump rotten stock.

These seem to be things you have no problem doing.

Quote:"By the way, you don't believe that crambo picks are unbiased do you?'

The stock picks don't cost anything. They are free for you to analyze.

Quote:"Only when you come up with your own picks you will succeed as you will not establish a inner reason for that trade, there for you don't know why, when, or how. You only know what and where. That is missing half of the story, and so eventually you will be missing half of your money. "

This is just absurd. A stock is a stock period. It has know greater value because I found it. It has know worse value because someone recommended it. Its up to the trader to determine what risks and rewards he is facing.

You keep implying there is some type of stupidly associated with watching a stock TV show or reading a paper.

Cant someone who knows how to trade watch Cramer???
Cant someone who knows how to invest buy IBD????

Its just silly.

Using your "LOGIC" every single investment book is worthless.(some one is out to profit) Every single piece of investment advice is worthless(you didn't find it yourself) Every single source of investment information is worthless (some one profits)

Know you didn't say that but, you sure implied it.

diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 9:30:13 PM
Quote:"IBD rankings for fundamentals as well as others are not updated fast enough."

Its not their fault BigBlock. The horse got sick and the pony express did not get them the earnings information in time.

Seriously.

IBDs numbers are updated every day.
We are in the age of computers now.

BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 9:59:52 PM
This is just absurd. A stock is a stock period. It has know greater value because I found it. It has know worse value because someone recommended it. Its up to the trader to determine what risks and rewards he is facing.
You missed it all the way dice. I guess you must be new to this. Half of a stock trade has to do with your emotions. Where are they when you are playing someone else's pick? That is why you can suceed for long doing so. Did you ever hear me saying "you are the market", that is just what it means - Check some of my previous post and you will be able to figure out.

IBDs numbers are updated every day.
We are in the age of computers now.

You go ahead and do my experiment, then comeback and let me know. If I told you is because I have done it.

My point was you can do something yourself or have someone do it for you. Just because you choose to have them do it for you doesn't mean you cant do it yourself. If I read about a stock in the paper or hear Cramer suggest a stock It does not mean I am lazy or stupid. There are about 6000 useful stocks maybe they will suggest something I've missed.

For one thing my commets remain the same - you are comparing apples and oranges. Furthermore, what you say is as nonsense as anything I ever heard. Nobody, Nobody will take care of you assets as you will by yourself. The brokers, the funds, the institutions main and most important objective is to make their profits, then they worry about you, but not first. You think IBD give a darn patuni about your position, or crambo for all that matters. They don't. IBD cares about selling worthless subscriptions, and crambo about tv ratings - or your think that his ride is free. Come on and open the window to the real world.

The stock picks don't cost anything. They are free for you to analyze.
Ohh! but they are not. They can be real costly to folks like you that trust a big player in the industry just for being big. If it is IBD of course they are a big institution therefore they can be trusted, and so the same for crambo - he is in nbc or cnn or whatever so that is a big institution and the same apply - WRONG.
Does ENRON ring any bells????

Using your "LOGIC" every single investment book is worthless.(some one is out to profit) Every single piece of investment advice is worthless(you didn't find it yourself) Every single source of investment information is worthless (some one profits)
You bet lots of books out there are just that worthless, but not all. In my experience I have taken what I thought was worth something added my own conclusions and experiences and made my own book as to speak. That is the book I follow - my book.

Seriously, if you want ot spend your money in IBD subscriptions and your time in crambo story that is fine. Like I said before if it works for you - great. I have also done it to some degree in the pass (testing time) for IBD, Cramer I listened to him twice on the radio.
Most folks I know agree with me from their own personal experiences. You obviously don't. That is great difference of opinions is what makes an excellent source.
good luck

Inspector62
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 10:57:20 PM
So does this mean you like ICON or you don't?

I know what Cramer is all about and as long as you know the game you can play along. If you know how to play the Cramer game you can make a LOT of money. I can honestly say Cramer made me over $20K last year alone.

IBD is actually an excellent publication. But again, you just have to know how to play the game.

You can either fight the system, or play along and make money.
diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 11:27:38 PM
Quote:"Half of a stock trade has to do with your emotions."

This is just your opinion. You don't know what someone emotional state is during a trade.

Quote:"Where are they when you are playing someone else's pick?"

When I purchase a stock it becomes my pick.

We are not born with the tickers for the NYSE in our head.
Every stock every single one is from another source. It doesn't matter if its
from Cramer,value line, IBD, CNBC, or we happen to live next door to the company. Every single stock, even the ones you recommend come from other sources.

Quote:"You go ahead and do my experiment, then comeback and let me know. If I told you is because I have done it."

Would you expect a stock to go from a star to bankrupt in an hour?
Your stock stayed at an A+ rating because that's what the data was.
It does not mean the data is old.
Is a good stock not allowed to remain a good stock???

Quote:The brokers, the funds, the institutions main and most important objective is to make their profits, then they worry about you, but not first."

The brokers and funds and institutions make just as much money if my
stocks go up. (and probably more) There is no requirement that stocks go down for them to profit.

Quote:"IBD cares about selling worthless subscriptions, and crambo about TV ratings - or your think that his ride is free."

Do you think their plan to sell subscriptions and get TV ratings is to recommend "junk" stocks???

Quote:"In my experience I have taken what I thought was worth something added my own conclusions and experiences and made my own book as to speak. That is the book I follow - my book."

CONGRATULATIONS! let me say it again CONGRATULATIONS!

You are so so lucky. You can take data from other sources and analyze it.
What a gift you have.

Poor poor IBD readers and Cramer watchers they must follow recommendations like mind numb robots. They must lose their shirts. They must go broke.
They must follow the leader until destruction.

If only they were allowed to think......If only they had your gift.

diceman
Posted : Wednesday, April 5, 2006 11:35:05 PM
Inspector62

Oh yeah your post????

The chart looked good. Excuse me for saying but its an IBD type stock.
(it keeps going up)
( I hope I'm thinking of the correct stock since I tend to look at all the posts at once)

Cramer tends to pick strong stocks

There we talked about it. (ha ha)

BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 12:00:19 AM
This is just your opinion. You don't know what someone emotional state is during a trade.

Yes I do. We all do. Human mind works more or less the same when it come to greed and fear. Just like the stages of a divorce, or a recovery alcoholic. They all seem to go through the same stages.

We are not born with the tickers for the NYSE in our head.
Every stock every single one is from another source. It doesn't matter if its
from Cramer,value line, IBD, CNBC, or we happen to live next door to the company. Every single stock, even the ones you recommend come from other sources.

Don't change the context here - The important thing is how it is picked. My picks do not come from any source - my algorithm scans raw data to come up with them.

Would you expect a stock to go from a star to bankrupt in an hour?
Your stock stayed at an A+ rating because that's what the data was.
It does not mean the data is old.
Is a good stock not allowed to remain a good stock???

I would expect the rating to change accordingly. When I review raw data, if I company has reported below earnings it rings a bell and I am aware. On the other hand if the stupid rating hasn't changed and you are not aware of the discrepancy in the earnings you would be having the wrong information, the wrong idea, a worthless tool.

The brokers and funds and institutions make just as much money if my
stocks go up. (and probably more) There is no requirement that stocks go down for them to profit.

They can prep a stock all the way up, pick up their profits and sell without mercy bringing a stock to their knees. I can guarantee you you will not be able to pick those extremes because you are not moving anything they are. Anybody who does any serious trading knows about intitutional manipulations.
But of course I am sure they do not manipulate yours!! They are just fair to you.

Do you think their plan to sell subscriptions and get TV ratings is to recommend "junk" stocks???

Their mission is to produce sensionalism, and not stock performance. Their mission is to get the viewer addicted to the screen. The loosers comeback with hope of a better pick. Everyone out there knows that the performance of any stock is not guarantee. Don't you think they know that and use it accordingly.

CONGRATULATIONS! let me say it again CONGRATULATIONS!

You are so so lucky. You can take data from other sources and analyze it.
What a gift you have.

Thanks for the congrats. By the way it is not a gift is called 14yrs of exposure to the markets - 8 of them daytrading.

Poor poor IBD readers and Cramer watchers they must follow recommendations like mind numb robots. They must lose their shirts. They must go broke.
They must follow the leader until destruction.

If only they were allowed to think......If only they had your gift.

It is a fact most of them do -it is called the crambo effect. And many of them go broke, you must be a good exception.
The best thing you could do to help our community is bring up crambo picks and tell the folks how to play them for solid performance. Then you will be a real winner from any solid angle. I think I have already proven my picks, and comments since this posting board was founded.

diceman
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 1:51:36 AM
Quote:"Yes I do. We all do. Human mind works more or less the same when it come to greed and fear. Just like the stages of a divorce, or a recovery alcoholic. They all seem to go through the same stages."

You must be kidding. Since you know our emotional states. It sounds like
psychiatry should have been your calling.

Quote:"Don't change the context here - The important thing is how it is picked. My picks do not come from any source - my algorithm scans raw data to come up with them."

I didn't change the topic. No data is our own. Where do you get your raw data
from??? Certainly it is someone who makes money off the data. Someone who profits??? Unless you have found the secret source. The one not tainted by cramers lies. The data that's not generated to sell IBD subscriptions to the weak.

Am I supposed to believe that if your "raw data algorithm" finds a stock
and IBD say it is strong that the stock is somehow tainted??

Cramer recommended JDSU ( yes a BigBlock pick) long before you posted it here. Are we supposed to believe that you have entered the world of liars and tainted stocks? Many stocks you have posted are well rated by IBD. How could it be .How could it possibly be. IBD and Cramer the charlatans of the investment community on the same page as BigBlock???

Do you think when you post a stock know one in the investment community is
following it? You and you alone have discovered it? Only you have the accurate data
only you have the true data. Data that is not tainted by profit and exploitation of the weak.

A stock that you have recently posted here "BEAS" is rated 97 on a scale of 100 by IBD.

How can that be? BigBlock says its good. IBD says its good. How can this happen?
We know their data is old and slow. You have said so yourself. We know that rankings are for fools. You have said so yourself. I find it amazing that a charlatan newspaper set up only to break the accounts of the weak fools that follow their trumped up investment advice using old slow data and worthless ranks could be on the same page as BigBlock.
One who has found his own way . One who makes it his own. One who has his algorithm.

Don't you see the paradox you create when you trash their system? When you trash their picks. What if they agree with your stock pick? How can they be wrong yet correct at the same time??? Let me repeat

Don't you see the paradox you create when you trash their system? When you trash their picks. What if they agree with your stock pick? How can they be wrong yet correct at the same time???

If your logic was correct. No stock recommended by you would be recommended by Cramer or IBD.

Quote:"The loosers comeback with hope of a better pick."

The poor poor fools they just don't have a chance. They have not be able to analyze and write their book--and make it their own. they are like lambs to the slaughter. Like fish caught on a hook they hang on until they are broke.
If only they could think. If only they could analyze.

Quote:"It is a fact most of them do -it is called the crambo effect. And many of them go broke,"

It seems you are also an expert on their account balances as well as there
emotional state.

Quote:"I think I have already proven my picks, and comments since this posting board was founded."

Since Cramer and IBD have both been around for more then 20 years I think their record speaks for itself..

HaveNoCents
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 8:25:35 AM
QUOTE (BigBlockIBD rankings for fundamentals as well as others are not updated fast enough. )

Find a company with Rank A or A+ that reports revenue below lets say a year ago and then check the rank again an hour, a day, a week, or even longer in some cases. The ranking still the same A+. I came across a few of those while I used IBD in the past. That is what told me it was worthless.

It may have been like that in the past, but I can tell you that rankings are updated daily. In fact, when I invest in a stock I make notes in TC 2005 as to the current ranking. I check every day, and they do change. When I shorted FD it had a c+ ranking. It changed to B-, and then to B.
HaveNoCents
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 8:56:09 AM
BigBlock, I understand where you are coming from, but in this case Diceman is 100% correct. A blind man is blind no matter what, and nothing can change that. If there are blind followers of ANYONE, they will lose. If they seek or have the knowledge to evaluate a good stock from a fundamental, technical, or other point of view it does not matter who supplies the raw information. You still have to know when to enter and exit, and THAT is what makes you money.

Everyone in the world is not trying to get to you. Companies want your patronage. Giving you terrible information that causes you to lose money is not a way to obtain that patronage.

There are fund managers on CNBC and Bloomberg that recommend stocks that they are trying to dump. I see it every day. They do have a motive. They need to find willing buyers of the stock they are going to sell. Cramer obviously has invested in the stocks he recommends before he recommends them, so he is pumping the stocks, but he is not dumping the stocks after he recommends them so he can sell his shares to poor unsuspecting people. He has a charitable trust and he lets you know every time when he owns the stock, and he also lets people know when he is selling. He is extremely rich and doesn't need anyone elses money. He gives me a headache, but I believe he truly is trying to help people make money by sifting through all the bull you see on financial shows.

IBD provides a service. You can pay for it or not. It is no different than subscribing to TELECHART. There are no ulterior motives for Mr. Worden, and I am sure there are none for IBD other than increasing patronage.
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 9:49:31 AM
Sure, I agree - buy IBD, and watch Cramer's Picks and you will outperform the market. It is as simple as that folks.
You have my blessings
good luck
HaveNoCents
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 12:40:41 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
Sure, I agree - buy IBD, and watch Cramer's Picks and you will outperform the market. It is as simple as that folks.
You have my blessings
good luck

Geez!!! Nobody said that. Why do you assume everyone is ignorant? People that use IBD and Cramer, AND use technical analysis of some type can be very successful. Why does it have to be your way or the highway? Are your methods the only proven way to make money? Give some people some credit for having enough intelligence to make a decent decision.
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 1:37:39 PM
I give credit when the credit is due. There is no credit to be given here. I just got tired of using my time for a worhless cause. Therefore I agreed.
I said anyways if it works for you - great. And again -Sure, I agree - buy IBD, and watch Cramer's Picks and you will outperform the market. It is as simple as that folks.
You have my blessings
good luck
HaveNoCents
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 2:17:06 PM
Thanks for proving my point!!! Later Gator.
S2
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 3:05:03 PM
Where's Craig and his cage? This time it will be a tag team match
diceman
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 6:08:28 PM
Quote:"I give credit when the credit is due."

Ah BigBlock you are clever, clever indeed. you play then game and you play it well.
There can be no debate. We must follow the rules for they are there to follow.
We must play the game and we must play it well. There is no choice. Those who do not must pay a heavy price.We have no choice but to make the game our own.

I have to admit I was stunned yes stunned that IBD ranked BEAS 97 on a scale of 100.
How can that be I asked? They do not play the game. They are of questionable repute.
They peddle stocks only to feed the masses. This is well know among those in the know there can be no debate.

I thought how can this be IBD on the same page as BigBlock. What type of parlor tricks is IBD up to??

Then I saw the light. Yes my friend once again you are correct. They had BEAS rated 97
at the top of the tech bubble. They are using data that's more than 6 years old to generate their phony ranks. It cant be denied. The proof is in the pudding. Yes my friend you have avoided their traps.

Those in the know will tell you there can only be one method. One method only. There can be no other. Those in the know know this to be true . It cant be denied. These are the ones who have taken it and made it there own. You must use raw data. Data from an unquestionable source. Data of the highest repute. Only then came you play the game.
Only them can you make it your own.

There is no debate. Those in the know know this.
Heed my words. There is no choice.

Good luck my friends good luck indeed.
( Hey at least BigBlock and HNC were on speaking terms for a brief period)

S2
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 6:44:11 PM
Shades of iambic pentameter meets Dr. Seus. Well done diceman.

Craig, have the cage standing by.
HaveNoCents
Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2006 10:19:37 PM
I just find it incredible. There is not one person that said to follow IBD or Cramers advice blindly, yet Bigblock keeps repeating it as if that would make it true. It reminds me of the cowardly lion in the wizard of oz.

I DO BELIEVE IN SPOOKS, I DO, I DO, I DO

BigBlock
Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 1:50:42 AM
diceman stop using a single exception to prove a point. BEAS is a coincidence here - if you bother to check my picks almost 99.9% of the time have nothing to do with IBD as far as I know. So BEAS was brought up by my system and it seems it was also in IBD 100 - OK. That is one instance - I said I don't believe that IBD give you any edging. Someone said that IBD 100 tells you when a stock is topping, well I can give you an exception that comes to mind NWRE. In this case the topping theory would had been wron as it is at $30 more than almost double after being in IBD for more than a couple of weeks a few months back.
And as you may wonder well how do I know that since I do not subscribe or buy the IBD - well I meet monthly with some investors and trader. Some of them are IBD followers and bring their side to the table. I don't hate them or spit on them - I just think there are more efficients ways than IBD. I check IBD sometimes too at the library just to see what they are up to, just like I check say a Stock & Commodities magazine (as a result of boredom)
I think we can go on here - well forever trying to prove each other point and get nowhere so diceman only one thing left - Prove it. Prove your candidates by posting them and tagging them accordingly to prove your point about IBD or Cramer. I strongly dissagree that is all. You on the other hand strongly support and say that you can greatly benefit from this sources - prove it then. Provide this community with the knowledge to profit from such sources when you do I will bow to your indications. If you cannot do that I rest my case.
And I will defy you on a face to face fight in Craig's cage. Just like gladiators in times of Octavio. I am a Spaniard (for real).
good luck
BigBlock
Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 2:12:09 AM
sorry S2 I forgot all about you. You are finally going to get your fight. Isn't that something!
Make sure there are no booby traps would you.
HaveNoCents
Posted : Friday, April 7, 2006 11:32:43 AM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
You on the other hand strongly support and say that you can greatly benefit from this sources - prove it then. Provide this community with the knowledge to profit from such sources when you do I will bow to your indications. If you cannot do that I rest my case.

I know you weren't speaking to me, but lets give it a go. I purchased Talx an IBD 100 stock(99) on April 5th. My contention is on a weekly chart the stock has just finished wave 4 and is due for a wave 5 uptrend. Minimum target price is 35-40. Typical target is 37-43.

If cramer comes up with a stock that looks good in Eliott wave analysis I will buy it and post it here.