Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Composite / breadth data Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
masterdata
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 12:48:19 PM
I have developed 20 year historical composite / breadth data on several major indexes and ETFs which include advancing/declining issues, a/d volume, new highs/lows, etc. My question is how to best make that data available to Telechart. Additional program coding is not a problem, if required.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

Larry Carhartt
Craig_S
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 1:02:15 PM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to get that data into TeleChart.

- Craig
Here to Help!
masterdata
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 1:38:08 PM
What format are telechart price files (OHLCV) in?
Craig_S
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:32:01 PM

Worden Trainer

The files cannot be directly accessed. You have to request the data through the developer's kit.

You can export the data in any order via the text export.

- Craig
Here to Help!
masterdata
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:43:50 PM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
The files cannot be directly accessed. You have to request the data through the developer's kit.

You can export the data in any order via the text export.

And how does one obtain documentation on the developer's kit?

Thank you.

Larry Carhartt
Craig_S
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:53:14 PM

Worden Trainer

Check out this post:

TeleChart 2005 Developer Kit instructions

(sorry, I thought I already gave you the link)

- Craig
Here to Help!
masterdata
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:57:51 PM
I found the documentation for the developer's kit. The only question I really have before really getting into this is as follows:

When using the developer's kit, is a value returned to Telechart for use within Telechart or must all values remain external and can only be used externally?

Thanks, again.

Larry Carhartt
Craig_S
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:59:20 PM

Worden Trainer

You cannot import or use any outside data in TeleChart. The dev kit is only to extract data FROM TeleChart.

- Craig
Here to Help!
bradsticker
Posted : Saturday, March 4, 2006 4:27:08 PM
Craig,
I use the MasterData data to get McClellan occillator and summation graphs for the Nasdaq which TC doesn't provide I also chart new highs, new lows and several ratios. Their data is very complete, goes back many years and covers many market indexes. MasterData data sets would be a very welcome addition to the TC market breadth indicators. Please try to work something out with MasterData.

bradsticker
masterdata
Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2006 1:15:05 AM
Thank you, bradsticker. I am more than willing to do the work, if Telechart can point me to a solution. The easiest for all would be to simply allow me to format the composite / breadth data in Telechart format. The best way would probably be something like I did for MetaStock where a plug-in was created using the MetaStock Developer Kit allowing direct use of comma delimited data files by MetaStock.

By the way, Craig, MetaStock was unaware this was possible also using their MDK. If your Developer Kit will allow the return of a value to TeleChart, it can probably be done for TeleChart.

Not everyone will use composite / breadth data, but those who are familiar with its powerful insights, it will be appreciated.

Thank you, again.

Larry Carhartt
Craig_S
Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2006 11:42:30 AM

Worden Trainer

MetaStock allows the importation of data. There is no way to import data of any kind into TeleChart. The flow of data is TeleChart to the TCDK. TeleChart never looks for, or receives data from the TCDK.

- Craig
Here to Help!
masterdata
Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2006 12:21:30 PM

Hi Craig,

Thank you. I guess the last hope would be to put data files into Telechart price file format. Any chance of that ever happening with a utility program either from Worden or some other outside party?

Larry Carhartt
Craig_S
Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2006 12:30:04 PM

Worden Trainer

I would be surprised. This would allow people to work around using us as the data provider. We give the program away and only make money on the data.

- Craig
Here to Help!