Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: masterdata
About
User Name: masterdata
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ETF Component List for BBH not up to date
Posted: Thursday, June 13, 2013 7:57:53 PM

Hi Bruce.  Is there any way I could help keep the program's constituent lists up to date?  I update about 1500 composites holdings lists daily.  Thank you.  Larry Carhartt

Topic: Composite / breadth data
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2006 12:21:30 PM

Hi Craig,

Thank you. I guess the last hope would be to put data files into Telechart price file format. Any chance of that ever happening with a utility program either from Worden or some other outside party?

Larry Carhartt
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2006 1:15:05 AM
Thank you, bradsticker. I am more than willing to do the work, if Telechart can point me to a solution. The easiest for all would be to simply allow me to format the composite / breadth data in Telechart format. The best way would probably be something like I did for MetaStock where a plug-in was created using the MetaStock Developer Kit allowing direct use of comma delimited data files by MetaStock.

By the way, Craig, MetaStock was unaware this was possible also using their MDK. If your Developer Kit will allow the return of a value to TeleChart, it can probably be done for TeleChart.

Not everyone will use composite / breadth data, but those who are familiar with its powerful insights, it will be appreciated.

Thank you, again.

Larry Carhartt
Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:57:51 PM
I found the documentation for the developer's kit. The only question I really have before really getting into this is as follows:

When using the developer's kit, is a value returned to Telechart for use within Telechart or must all values remain external and can only be used externally?

Thanks, again.

Larry Carhartt
Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2006 2:43:50 PM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
The files cannot be directly accessed. You have to request the data through the developer's kit.

You can export the data in any order via the text export.

And how does one obtain documentation on the developer's kit?

Thank you.

Larry Carhartt
Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2006 1:38:08 PM
What format are telechart price files (OHLCV) in?
Topic: Import data files from Excel
Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2006 12:58:24 PM
Is price file format for TC2000 the same as MetaStock format? If not, where whould I find an example of TC2000 price file format?

Thank you.

Larry Carhartt
Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2006 12:48:19 PM
I have developed 20 year historical composite / breadth data on several major indexes and ETFs which include advancing/declining issues, a/d volume, new highs/lows, etc. My question is how to best make that data available to Telechart. Additional program coding is not a problem, if required.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

Larry Carhartt