Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bradsticker
About
User Name: bradsticker
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 95
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Subcategories within lists
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 10:32:34 AM

Is there a way to insert a Category Heading within a list?

For example, I would like to have a List of ETFs. Within the List I would like to organize the ETFs by Large Cap, Mid Cap, and Small Cap. So I would like these headings within the list and the ETFs that I choose to stay within their heading. For example, under the Large Cap heading would be SPY, DIA.

Topic: % True
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2008 5:58:33 PM
When adding a custom indicator, a box appears in which one can choose between: indicator, % true, cummulative, price channel. How do the % true, cummulative, and price channel work? Wouldn't the % true be either 0% or 100% for each day? Please give me some guidance on how to use these tools.
Thanks,
bradsticker
Topic: Linear Regression Slope
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 9:33:11 PM
Craig,
I used the instructions and created a PCF for a 249 day linear regression slope:
(124*C0+123*C1...-123*C248-124*C249)/1286500
The result for ZUMZ was .07. Does this mean that the slope of the linear regression line is 7 cents per day?
Topic: Linear Regression Slope
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 4:15:59 PM
Please provide the formula for a PCF to determine the Linear Regression Slope for a 250 day period.

Thanks
bradsticker
Topic: Linear regression of RSI
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 4:06:05 PM
I have Wilder's RSI plotted in the bottom frame. Is there a way I can select 2 points and have TC plot the linear regression line between the two points? (Both points are in the middle of the data series)

thanks,
bradsticker
Topic: BOP, TSV, & Moneystream
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 8:26:27 AM
Stockguy,
One of the techniques on the Moneystream video is to look for divergences between price and Moneystream (which is partially derived from volume). If volume is high because of ETF "churn", it would make Moneystream higher and possibly create a divergence. The divergence would not be due to "smart money" buying (or selling) but only due to ETF churn. Thus wouldn't Moneystream become less reliable because of ETF churn?

Thanks,
Bradsticker
Topic: BOP, TSV, & Moneystream
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:25:42 PM
There was a March 9 article in the Wall Street Journal about how ETFs are having an outsized impact on the traded volume of small cap stocks. ETFs buy and sell many times during the day based only on whether the stock is in an index without regard to the fundamentals or the technical indicators. How, or to what extent, does this affect BOP, TSV, and moneystream? Are these indicators adjusted in any way to screen out the ETF volume?
thanks,
bradsticker
Topic: Snapsheets - P/E envelope
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:13:35 PM
Craig,

MMM hit $88 last May, I suspect that was the high P/E for the year. So by definition, the P/E times the earnings per share should come out to be $88. Since the EPS for the third qtr is $1.18 vss the $1.14 of the second qtr., the top band should currently be higher than $88.

I suspect that the problem is that the EPS (that is used to multiply the high and low P/E) needs to be the sum of the trailing four quarters. While we are at it, we should make sure that the P/E reported by Hemscott is calculated by using the trailing 4 qtr EPS. I know that some reporting services use the trailing 2 qtrs. and the next 2 qtr. projections.

bradsticker
Topic: Snapsheets - P/E envelope
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:31:25 PM
Craig,
I enjoyed meeting you at the Ft. Lauderdale Snapsheets training!
I would like to know if snapsheets could be used to graph envelope channels as follows:
1. Seach past P/E ratios for the past 5 years. Select both the maximum and minimum P/E s over the last 5 years.
2. Multiply the maximum P/E with the historical EPS figures. This will produce the upper channel on the historical graph.
3. Multiply the minimum P/E with the historical EPS figures. This will produce the lower channel.

If this can be done, is the Worden historical data feed required ( I assume it is)?

Thanks,
bradsticker
Topic: access to "pane" files
Posted: Wednesday, November 1, 2006 9:39:24 PM
How can I access this file in Snapsheets?
This file you sent to Rabin on 11/01/06

Price Weighted Average Watchlist.pane

I can't seem to open this file with any software.

bradsticker