Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

APT Indicator Working Flawlessly for 3 Years Now Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
0002ct
Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 11:54:53 AM

Bruce, just a quick thank you. The APT (Actual Price Tomorrow) indicator you helped me solve three years ago has worked 100% of the time for the past three years. Per the original design, it continues to correctly output the next bar's closing price level. Two years ago I was astonished and was certain it was some sort of quantum achievement.

It goes without saying that APT is the single greatest achievement in retail-grade trading. There. I said it.

Anyway, thanks again. I know it's a holiday for some today, and I know you're out for a week, but this will be waiting for you when you get back.

Thanks again.

markhike
Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 12:57:40 PM

Bruce, can you send me a copy thru TCMail?

/af :)

0002ct
Posted : Sunday, April 1, 2018 1:13:06 PM

So sorry, mdhuang. The APT Indicator uses a proprietary coefficient that I derived years ago for a non-trading related project and as such can't be shared. Bruce assisted me in converting it to TC code. Sadly, I have been in a protracted "situation" (i.e battle) with the prior project folks over the framework and am loathe to stoke the flames further. I do expect resolution by summer and would be happy to loop back if you're still interested and the indicator is still functioning. I don't see why it shouldn't; it has been outputting tomorrow's price on every single daily bar for 300+ bars now.

I probably should have just left this to TC Mail but Bruce doesn't check it as much.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 11:12:12 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome. I am happy to read it is doing what you want.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Priyaa
Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 2:51:06 PM

Hi 0002ct, were you able to reslove the issue? Is it okay to share the indicator with us? That would be nice to see how it works.

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:35:18 PM

Priyaa,

If YOU had an indicator & coefficient that predicted tomorrow's closing price with 100% accuracy for over 300 consecutive occurences, would YOU share it?  Lol.

Personally, I would be fitted for a tuxedo for when I win the Nobel Prize for Economics. :)

Priyaa
Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 3:10:51 AM

I know...true!!!

Al, I have been reading all the forum posts a lot and trying to understand as much as I can. All your research posts and requests are very educating and Im glad your on the forum.

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:32:40 AM

Thanks Priyaa, I appreciate it.

I don't want to throw shade at the Actual Price Tomorrow indicator and coeffiecient, but c'mon. Call me a skeptic.

They don't even have to share the code ... just post tomorrow's actual closing price for a few days. Let's see how close to 300 we can get. ;)

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 10:59:28 AM

Worden Trainer

I don't remember all of the details of APT and wouldn't share them if I did.

That said (and using the name of the indicator and not the indicator itself as a sounding board), it is frequently (but not always) possible to determine what the actual price would need to be tomorrow in order for some related requirements to also be met tomorrow.

There are several examples of this type of calculation already posted publicly in the forums.

This can in some circumstances then allow you determine other things. Would price need to be negative in order for other requirements to be true? If so, those other requirements cannot happen tomorrow. How far away is this hypothetical price from the actual price in terms of something like percentages, multiples of average true range, or multiples of average net change?

You can plot what price would need to be tomorrow for such requirements on the charts and look for this value to cross through price, a moving average of price, or a moving average of itself.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 7:09:30 PM

Bruce, maybe I'm just misunderstanding (there's a first time for everything, lol) but I didn't read it as whether it's possible to determine what the actual price would need to be tomorrow for another condition to also be met tomorrow.

I read it as the indicator determining what the actual price is going to be tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong. Highlights are mine ...

"The APT (Actual Price Tomorrow) indicator you helped me solve three years ago has worked 100% of the time for the past three years. Per the original design, it continues to correctly output the next bar's closing price level. Two years ago I was astonished and was certain it was some sort of quantum achievement."

"I don't see why it shouldn't; it has been outputting tomorrow's price on every single daily bar for 300+ bars now."

Either way, I can't envision a scenario that's helpful. Either I misunderstood, and thus have no interest, or this "quantum achievement" has indeed ripped a hole in the space-time continuum and can ouput tomorrow's price today ... in which case they would be crazy to share, so I'll never see it.

Guess I'll still have to make my profits the old-fashioned way.

38 days to Chicago!

Priyaa
Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 2:50:31 AM

Hi Bruce and Algorithm,

All that you've mentioned is beyond my understanding. 

If Algorithm cannot come up with those requirements around other indicators and cannot think of a case that is helpful, then I would just try learning from the posts I'm seeing.

Thank you both.

Regards,

Priya