New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: 0002ct
About
User Name: 0002ct
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 337
[0.12% of all post / 0.41 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: days since cross
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:15:38 PM

That is exactly what I thought -- just using some kind of heuristic to approximate it, like a typical factor. I think that might be acceptable to do and then to check against a chart visually. At least for now.

Thank you very much for all of the help. Much appreciated.

Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:33:50 PM

Yes, this makes sense. Thank you.

Sadly, one last question on this topic. I think I know the answer, but there isn't a way to count the number of daily bars since a cross of the 10-month average, correct?

Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:45:18 PM

That works well, thank you, Bruce. 

I assume as before the "100" is the number of bars the formula includes in its lookback, yes? If so, please remind me the max number of bars I could use this formula on in a daily scenario.

On a related note, is there documentation somewhere that outlines the max number of bars that can be used in a formula under various intraday, daily, and longer-than-daily timeframes? 

Thank you, Bruce.

Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:14:43 PM

Hello. Could I please be helped with the formula for:

count of bars since crossing above 10EMA?

Preferably including the current bar, obviously, if it's still above.

Thank you very much.

Topic: Dema neg to pos
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 2:20:17 PM

Hi, Bruce. Perfect as typical. Thank you very much for the help. Hope you had a nice weekend.

Topic: Dema neg to pos
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 12:26:37 PM

Hello. For the DEMA indicator below, could I please be helped with a formula for a change of condition of negative to positive on the most recent event possible?

And if it's a matter of just reversing it, the "positive to negative" as well, please?

207945 / 5324 * XAVGC6 + 21 / 4 * XAVG(XAVGC8,8) + 96 / 121 * XAVG(XAVGC17,17) + 4905 / 484 * XAVG(XAVGC6,6) - 217 / 4 * XAVGC8 - 1312 / 1331 * XAVGC17

Thank you very much.

Topic: DRAWDOWN
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:35:40 PM

Yes, Bruce. I think this gets at the idea perfectly. It summarized the evaluation. Thank you!

Topic: DRAWDOWN
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:06:53 PM

Hi, Bruce. I've looked over the links but none does what I'm looking for. Is there a way to calculate something like the "average bars spent in drawdown over x bars"? In this case, I call any new high the price to beat. 

Topic: Avg above and max in row
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2018 2:41:44 PM

Ah, oops. I actually knew that. I'm not sure if it matters that I knew that, since knowing that didn't change what I did. 

Thanks again, Bruce. Have a nice weekend.

Topic: Avg above and max in row
Posted: Friday, February 02, 2018 2:07:18 PM

I see, so not a system limit (like, say, an absolutely max lookback) It just defines the end limit to include for the formula itself.  If I change that, does anything else need to change? 

One related question: Have I correctly used EMA8 in the same formula below?

MAX(IIF(TrueInRow(C < XAVGC8, 2) = 1, TrueInRow(C1 >= XAVGC8, 1), 10), 0), 175)

Thanks for help, Bruce.