New version 17 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: 0002ct
About
User Name: 0002ct
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 148
[0.05% of all post / 0.25 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: watchlist names and participants in 17
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 2:33:01 PM

Ok, thank you very much. This helps.

Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:27:15 PM

I should have asked: are the Sector Indexes and constituents coming from a source I can look up externally? Like a Morningstar list or something? Similar for Industry Groups?

Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:41:23 PM

Ok, thanks very much, Bruce. Much appreciated.

Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:19:43 PM

Thanks, Bruce. I assume this means there is no central list and/or a way to do this en masse, correct? I must manually copy each one? 

Topic: Paper trading - equal risk per trade
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:47:33 AM

Hi. Would you be willing to share this? This is of interest to me. Hope you see this. Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:43:38 AM

Hello --

I understand there is no way to export price data from 17. However, is there a way to obtain simply the list names ("headers") and particpating symbols in each watchlist? If it's not a feature or kluge in 17, is there a webpage that has same?

Reason: I create calcuations using an exterior spreadsheet and need to do it on the same watchlists and scans that I have going on in v17.

Thank you very much.

Topic: Watchlist names
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:41:56 PM

Ok, I see now. Thanks again for the explanation.

17 cannot export data in the same way, correct? Unless I'm missing something?

Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:45:41 PM

"I'm not quite sure what the point of your initail question was."

I'm trying to map the watchlist names in 17 to the lists available in the Data Export feature in 7.

The initial aim was to find out if the names used for watchlists are the same. More specifically, I am referring to the "out of the box" names -- names like "Financial Services Sector" or "AMEX Composite Index" or "Technology Sector" as opposed to custom watchlist names.

I use exports of the price data from v7. I'm trying to map the watchlist names in 17 to the lists available in the Data Export feature in 7.

When you look at watchlists in 17, you can see names for sectors, like exampled above.

In the "Data Export to Text" feature in 7, you can see a section called "Hemscott Industry Groups". This seems to be an categorizing structure that seems slightly different from how watchlists in 17 are organized, but I'm not certain. For example, I'm not certain of where to find a "Technology Sector" list in 7 that is identicak to the watchlist of the same name in 17.

Thanks again.

Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 10:32:54 AM

Thank you for the answer. Respectfully, what is meant by "in general"? It would seem to imply that they are not the same.

Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 6:32:26 PM

Are the watchlist names in 17 the same as those used in 7?