New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: 0002ct
About
User Name: 0002ct
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 369
[0.13% of all post / 0.41 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Efficiency Deficiency
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 1:49:56 PM

Oh, RSI actually does make sense. Not sure why I didn't think of that. 

Yes, exactly. Thanks, Bruce. Much appreciated, and I hope all's well.

Topic: Efficiency Deficiency
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 12:31:09 PM

Hello.

What's the formula for comparing the ratio change over two periods of an efficency ratio?

In this example. I would like to scan where theKaufman ERs has had a certain percent change or less. The evaluation would return those tickers with an 8% change or less in the KER(50) compared to the KER(50) 51 days ago.

Thank you very much for any ideas.

Topic: Using Deep Learning Neural Network models for trading
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:14:43 AM

I've tested various NN models and tools before. I don't personally know of any that tries to use "expert trader trades" as a model to train with or against, but I have no doubt that someone or some organization is using such data. The well-funded quants and algos are unifying such data and far, far, far beyond. I have heard about projects from insiders on those projects that make me question whether anyone should trade at the retail level, such is the extent of the data processing edge.

I don't personally think NN is the area of central interest for such data manipulation these days. NN has had a checkered past in forecasting price data and more interest is in ML or DL now. This could be due to NN's roots in modeling distributions that were typically unlike price anomalies in finance but were more central to genetic modeling, but I'm certain that this problem was examined years ago and explored thoroughly. That is to say, some of the positive zeitgest around NN for finance has been tempered, and that muting effect has been accelerated by the serious, aggressive and intense implementatio of ML and DL across all data.

Data abounds, including "expert trade data", the latter even being discoverable in not so obvious places. Separately, I do think time/sales data exposes presence and activity of the "smart money", and so from a serious financial data scientist's point of view, it would be not distinct from "expert trades" exept that it is probably better since it is happening in near realtime.  

Topic: Using Deep Learning Neural Network models for trading
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:02:20 AM

test

Topic: APT Indicator Working Flawlessly for 3 Years Now
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 1:13:06 PM

So sorry, mdhuang. The APT Indicator uses a proprietary coefficient that I derived years ago for a non-trading related project and as such can't be shared. Bruce assisted me in converting it to TC code. Sadly, I have been in a protracted "situation" (i.e battle) with the prior project folks over the framework and am loathe to stoke the flames further. I do expect resolution by summer and would be happy to loop back if you're still interested and the indicator is still functioning. I don't see why it shouldn't; it has been outputting tomorrow's price on every single daily bar for 300+ bars now.

I probably should have just left this to TC Mail but Bruce doesn't check it as much.

Topic: APT Indicator Working Flawlessly for 3 Years Now
Posted: Sunday, April 01, 2018 11:54:53 AM

Bruce, just a quick thank you. The APT (Actual Price Tomorrow) indicator you helped me solve three years ago has worked 100% of the time for the past three years. Per the original design, it continues to correctly output the next bar's closing price level. Two years ago I was astonished and was certain it was some sort of quantum achievement.

It goes without saying that APT is the single greatest achievement in retail-grade trading. There. I said it.

Anyway, thanks again. I know it's a holiday for some today, and I know you're out for a week, but this will be waiting for you when you get back.

Thanks again.

Topic: Sparklines
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 3:14:24 PM

Thank you very much, Bruce. These are perfect.

Topic: Sparklines
Posted: Thursday, March 29, 2018 12:53:52 PM

Hello. I'm going to use small charts like sparklines for a couple of indictators.

1. I use the following to tell me the difference between the current bar's "percent above/below 8EMA" and the prior bar's:
(100 * (C / XAVGC8 - 1)) - (100 * (C1 / XAVGC8.1- 1))

Is this accurate?

2. How do I return a count of the bars ago that 8EMA was crossed?

Thank you very much.

Topic: RGB combos for specific single-color outputs
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:01:57 AM
For anyone like me who uses colors overlays to indicate, here's a quick reference:

To get a signal "green" using two overlaid indicators:
cyan + yellow = green
rgb(0,255,255) at 100% opaque + rgb(255,255,0) at 50% opacity

To get a signal "red" using two overlaid indicators:
magenta + yellow = red
rgb(255,0,255) at 100% opaque + rgb(255,255,0) at 50% opacity

You can get various other color combos by referencing a basic RGB color wheel.
Topic: 3x leveraged ETF list is too short
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:23:04 PM

Thanks, Bruce and Stockguy.