Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

StockFinder 5.0 READ THIS FIRST Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Kuf
Posted : Monday, November 2, 2009 2:18:16 PM

Administration

Currently known differences/issues/incompatibilities:

-StockFinder 5.0 will run alongside StockFinder 4.0.   They will not however run simultaneously.  
- Version 4 and 5 use different data downloaders. Please make sure the version 4 downloader is closed before running version 5.
-Version 5 uses an all new data bank and will need to be installed in order to use data in version 5. DO NOT USE YOUR VERSION 4 DVD, please choose to download from the internet.
- Version 5 items (layouts,charts,indicators,conditions,paintbrushes) cannot be opened in version 4
- Version 4 items can be opened in version 5.
- StockFinder will ask you to import your version 4 items to version 5 at first run
- StockFinder 4 stores your personal files in My Documents\StockFinder
- StockFinder 5 stores your personal files in My Documents\StockFinder5
- The rule palette has been removed from version 5. It is accessable via the windows menu but only for backwards compatibility
- The Blocks.com blogs have been removed. They will not return RIP.
- Sharing will get an overhaul but has not yet been implemented. Please do not share anything in version 5 (share chart, share watchlist etc).
- Backscans cannot yet be saved.
- Backscanner cannot yet load a saved condition
- RealCode: Typing Library.X does not correctly load the indicator if it was not added via the Import Indicator button. Fixed
- RealCode: You cannot rename a library variable once it has been imported to RealCode.
- RealCode: the new properties and methods are not displayed in intellisense - fixed
- You cannot add/edit the timeframes. This will be fixed - Fixed in build 142
- You cannot spawn new WatchList windows. Fixed

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog
thnkbigr
Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:38:01 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

- The rule palette has been removed from version 5. It will not return RIP.

Kuf, 

What do you mean by RIP 

Other than the Bubbels that show under the Price chart is there anywhere else we can see our Rules like the Rule Palette . 

There are strategies that I run in 4 that have 50 to 60 rules sometimes more as I play with it and you can't see all of them in a form of bubbles that appear under the price bar. 

Kuf
Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:37:47 PM

Administration

thnkbigr, can they be combined into a combo rule?  Do you need them all loaded at the same time or can you save and load them as needed?

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
thnkbigr
Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 11:36:13 AM

Kuf,

Most of them are Combo Rules but I think they should be all loaded at the same time becasue as I am building the strategy I make a lot of adjustments. 

I'll give you an example my Relative Strength strategy that I built in 2.0 and reprogrammed it in SF in last few weeks requires 20 conditions that the stock needs to meet to be bought and has 30 Combo conditions on the Sell side. These are 50 Rules and remember the sell rules are all combo rules therefore I have almost 100 rules in the Rule Palette nicely organized. There is no way I can see all of these rules in the bubble format that apears under the Price chart.

What's wrong with the Rule Palatte? I think it's very neat to have all the rules that you are playing with nicely organized and docked to the side.

I'll send you an email with my of my layouts so you see what I am talking about.

Thanks  
Kuf
Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 11:52:10 AM

Administration

It's still there under the windows menu. We took it out of the main toolbar.

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
thnkbigr
Posted : Friday, November 27, 2009 11:55:41 AM

Ohhhh I see thank you

aarora
Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:44:23 PM
Could anybody please guide me towards download site for stockfinder 5.0. Thank you
StockGuy
Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:25:26 PM

Administration

http://www.stockfinder.com/beta5/setup.exe
rassom
Posted : Friday, May 7, 2010 3:40:14 AM
When do you expect a final version of SF 5 to be out? Thanks,Rasmus
barrydmoore
Posted : Sunday, July 30, 2017 3:17:51 AM

HI Bruce,

I run  a website providing stock market training and reviews.

TC2000 is our joint winner for best stock market software this year.

In the section on back testing I talk about Stock Finder. I personally love stock finder and use it all the time. 

My question is, every year it seems to be less and less promoted, it is planned to be discontinued.

I hope not, as it is the easiet, GUI driven, most intuitive backtesting sofware out there.

So in summary.

1.  What is the roadmap for StockFinder

2.  What is the roadmap for TC2000 to include Backtesting.

Backtesting is a very important part of building a trading strategy and your software will suffer without it.

thanks

Barry - 

PRO Stock Market Training 

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 10:36:24 AM

Worden Trainer

We have no plans to discontinue StockFinder, but it is no longer in development. This means it isn't going to get any new features or bug fixes (although as I say this, it did actually get a bug fix last week).

I do not know when or if TC2000 will add backtesting. Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 11:03:47 AM

Bruce, Barry, ...

"a new silent video feature that has to be seen to be believed."

I'm not sure what that's referring to. Care to share? Silent movies? :)

"Worden Brothers TC2000 is joint 1st position with an organizational shakeup that has yielded continual innovation and new powerful features such as trading from charts broker integration, trading options and advanced options strategies that are elegantly integrated and a new silent video feature that has to be seen to be believed."

Source: http://www.liberatedstocktrader.com/top-10-best-stock-market-analysis-software-review/

I'm also not aware of any organizational shakeups, though I doubt this is the place to discuss those. Still, since it's just you and me, I wouldn't mind ... :)

Finally, I hear what you're saying about backtesting, but not everyone agrees. Personally I'd love to have it in TC2000, but if you spend any time at all in these forums you'll find Bruce is not allowed to pre-announce new stuff, even if he wanted to. Since SF backtesting is done on your local computer and TC2000 would require processing in the cloud on Worden's servers, my guess is that it's coming later rather than sooner. Just me.

Also, as Bruce said, SF development is history, and most bug fixes won't be addressed. The recent bug fix Bruce mentioned was kinda mission-critical (missing data) so they had to dust off the code and work on that one.

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 11:05:23 AM

Barry, one thing I forgot to mention...

If v7 is still around, you can pretty much count on SF hanging around. :)

Al_Gorithm
Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 11:14:20 AM

Barry,

Probably want to update this bit to mention v17... :)

"Telechart has long been one of my favorite tools, I have been a subscriber for over 15 years and find the latest release 12.x to be a huge step forward.  Endlessly customizable and scalable the platform offers nearly everything an investor may need."

Source: http://www.liberatedstocktrader.com/top-10-best-stock-market-analysis-software-review/

barrydmoore
Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 3:25:49 AM

HI UnclePennyBags,

great points, thanks for the input (I corrected).  Also the clarification on the problem with integrating backtesting (as needs local processing) now makes sense to me.

I am glad stockfinder is not going away as I use it all the time.

One final question.  If someone signs up new to the service, will they be able to use stockfinder.  Or is it no longer available to new sibscribers.

thanks

Barry

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:34:31 AM

Worden Trainer

StockFinder is available to new subscribers, but only as a standalone Platinum subscription.

StockFinder Gold is not available on its own, nor does it come free as part of TC2000 Platinum subscription unless you were already grandfathered into the such a subscription.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
mezic
Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:27:05 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

We have no plans to discontinue StockFinder, but it is no longer in development. This means it isn't going to get any new features or bug fixes (although as I say this, it did actually get a bug fix last week).

I do not know when or if TC2000 will add backtesting. Thank you for your suggestion.

Bruce, is there a list & decription of bug fixes since development officially ended? I've been using V4 because there was a significant bug in backtesting that was being worked but not fixed when developement ended.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:33:23 AM

Worden Trainer

No, there really isn't any sort of list of bug fixes after development ended because for the most part both bug fixes and new features have stopped. It is a static product.

To the best of my recollection, there has only been one bug fix to resolve a catastrophic error where SF would no longer update at all.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles