Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: RonS
About
User Name: RonS
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How to get the workspace Sector Rotation from the Secrets of Sector Rotation - Webinar
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 12:13:24 AM

Hi Jpetesmith,

This is not the sector workspace used in the siminar.  Even in the siminar he stated that the

workspace was temporary and would be taken off.  That is why I was asking how I could get

a copy of it.  CHECK THE WEBINAR IF YOU NEED TO.  Maybe if I had Jim Farrish's e-mail

he could provide a copy.  Do you know of any other way to get a copy.

Thanks,

RonS

Topic: How to get the workspace Sector Rotation from the Secrets of Sector Rotation - Webinar
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:46:53 PM

How to get the workspace Sector Rotation from the Secrets of Sector Rotation - Webinar?

It was give by Michael Thompson & Jim Farrish in 2011. It was taken out of the Workspace library back

in 2011. I attended the Detroit Webinar in Sept 2012.  I didn't have the question then//

Topic: Formula for sort of Inverted ABC Patterns
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 7:18:25 PM
How close is "goes back to"? Is it within a certain percentage of the SMA50? Something else? Can it cross above? If so how far above the SMA50 can it get and still qualify?

Ideally it would touch the 50 SMA.  Not necessary, it can be a couple points above or miss by a couple points below. The A leg hopefully would go 5 - 10 points or more below the 50 SMA. Then turn and go back to the 50 SMA.  A number of days can pass before the A leg turns and completes its run back toward the 50 SMA.  Then the stock would go back down, starting the C leg.  The beginning of the C leg is what I want to identify. Hopefully, trade it back to where the A leg ended and maybe a downward breakdown where the A leg ended?

Topic: Formula for sort of Inverted ABC Patterns
Posted: Sunday, October 9, 2011 9:30:57 PM
Hi,

I am looking at inverted ABC patterns.  Price goes below the 50 sma (the A leg) from above the 50 sma. Then after a number of day(s) the price eventually goes back to the 50 sma (the B leg), then on another day the price  would turn down ( a number of days could pass) and the price would be lower than the end of the A leg or at least to the A leg.  This is an inverted ABC pattern.

I need a formula or formulas for a sort that would bring up charts:  1.  For the end of an A leg that is the start of a B leg  2.  Also a formula for the end of B leg near the 50 sma (that is the B leg would turn around and become a C leg.

Thanks Steve
Topic: Scan and sort needed
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2011 10:41:31 PM
Thanks,

The expression (C/AVGC50*100)-100 doesn't make sense to me.  The expression (C-AVGC50)/(AVGC50) * 100 makes better sense to me to create the % difference of the close over its 50 sma.

What would you suggest to show the point difference of the close over the 50 sma for a 5 day week, one day at a time?
Topic: Scan and sort needed
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2011 7:18:59 PM
Hi,

I am looking for a scan and a sort that would show the percentage amount a stock is over its 50 day simple moving average.  A point amount would secondarily be useful too.  I am only interested in stocks above its 50 day MA.

Thanks,

RonS
Topic: Solar Co.s
Posted: Friday, April 4, 2008 7:59:56 PM
Thanks a lot for your help, Bruce

Thanks EMTHREE for extending yourself.

RonS
Topic: Solar Co.s
Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2008 11:18:23 PM
Hi,

Having prooblem using Hemscott or just TC-Net in locating the sector or sectors for solar stocks.

Two examples of solar stocks are LDK & YGE. How do you locate sectors that are solar. Appreciate

you answering.

Thanks again,

RonS
Topic: Moving Average
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2008 10:52:53 PM
Hi,

In my 1 hr charts I have the 8 EMA and happy. In my daily chart I also have the 8 EMA. I would like to see the 8 EMA on my Daily chart also on my 60 min charts. Therefore, I would have both moving averages on the same chart. Naturally, I need a calculation that would allow me to do this. I wouldn't have to change charts, I could compare & clearly see the difference visually and use TCNet tools to work with them.

The answer to this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RonS
Topic: Criteria or Scan issue
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:09:32 PM
THANKS ALOT 

For  your input. When I have something that appears to work I'll share it.

In the mean time I'll just be experimenting.

RonS

Anymore additions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  Originally I was trying to short off the OVERBOT condition, when the stock was coming off

the Hi (or reversed for some reason). Short term trading is what I had in mind. (1-2-3-4-5 Day Trades)