Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: lpark
About
User Name: lpark
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 104
[0.04% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Probablility of candle stick patterns
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2007 5:56:20 PM
I like Greg Morris' book as a primer on candlesticks. I have since read Stephen Bigalow's "High Profit Candlestick Patterns: Turning Investor Sentiment into High Profits" is excellent reading. He gives a simplified, easy to read description of the patterns he favors. His web site also provides a free weekly chat room that reinforces your training. You can find his site by googling his name. I highly recommend this site.

I have attended many stock training programs and find candlesticks to be the most consistent at finding good stocks, futures, commodities, etc to invest in - short term and middle term.
Topic: Some possible poppers
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:42:04 AM
Here are some interesting prospects for Tuesday. BBI, LCRX, MDT,IDMI, HWAY, MTL & SVR.
Topic: This Market is smelling bad
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:34:48 PM
The DOW seems to be having some profit taking occuring right now. It has moved back down to the 8ema. We still seem to be in an uptrend, but its still good to sit on the side and watch for the bounce back up.
Topic: DEIX?
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 6:03:27 PM
Looks like it been going up in spurts and coming back to the 8EMA. Today it bounced off this line again and seems to be going back up.
Topic: CMED thoughts anyone?
Posted: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 5:58:44 PM
CMED may be heading up now. It crossed the 50ma in the middle of April, came down to the 20ma support and up from there. It should test the last high (mid April) and go up from there. Stochastics allow for plenty of growth upward.
Good stock.
Topic: New to charts, seek opinion on PTT
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2007 10:09:47 AM
PTT is finishing off a nice scoop pattern with the handle around 10. It has a good rounded bottom and has just broken up through the 50ma. A good solid stock still moving up with all other indicators backing its move.
Topic: TGEN and RAE
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 2:10:18 PM
One line of thought on entering TGEN is wait until it clears the previous high (@4.96); another more agressive approach is enter as it begins its bounce up, which would be the confirming signal today - enter after it clears yesterday's close. TGEN has not met either criteria, so I would be waiting.
RAE is not showing any clear buy signals yet. Today's signal did not confirm a reversal, so I would look elsewhere to invest my funds... RAE still seems to be consolidating and moving sideways.

BIVN is similar to RAE, but today confirmed its reversal.
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 10:40:05 AM
According to Steve Nisan, Greg Morris, and Stephen Bigalow, all the candlestick experts, only the body needs to be engulfed in an engulfing pattern, not the tails. I've never heard of the tails having to be included.
Oh well,...
Posted: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:03:56 AM
Both stocks did have bullish engulfing signals. TGEN is forming a j-hook pattern and I would enter into either trade on a strong opening today. The DOW is at its upper resistance trend line so I would watch it as well. The market futures are lower this morning and may drag some stocks with them...
Topic: stop loss or puts
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:28:25 PM
Nine years ago I used MACD, TSV, MS, RSI and other indicators to help me determine entry and exit points. I had some luck with this, but was not comfortable with the results.
I had used candlesticks previously, but didn't fully understand their power. Last year, while searching for sites that would help me discover stocks to purchase, I found candlestickforum.com. This site teaches about candlesticks and has free weekly chat rooms where you can learn firsthand what stocks are moving,what candlestick patterns have formed and how to find them yourself. This is the only website I refer new investors to.

For reference, I have Greg Morris's "Candlestick Charting Explained" and Stephen Bigalow's "High Profit Candlestick Patterns".

Now I only use candlesticks and Worden's TC2000 to determine entries, exits and stocks to play. The other indicators confirm what the candlesticks tell me. (No, it's not like reading tea leaves...) It doesn't matter whether you're doing day trading or holding for longer periods (weeks or months even), the candlesticks are just as valid.

Good trading!