Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: yinzer
About
User Name: yinzer
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 77
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ELN
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:33:03 AM
How does ELN look? I looks like its breaking resistence.MS has been strong and so has volume.
Topic: Gold is getting ready for another big run towards $1,000
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:06:23 AM
I'm going to keep my eye on DGP, a buy over 21.26 and could run to 25.00

Topic: The return of the dragon
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:12:41 PM
TXT looks great but... I checked it's after hours it looks to have a lot of volume and it's down 9%. Just came out with lower earnings (please check).

That being said, if the stock does what has been outlined in how to play a Dragon's move up, is it still a go? A tight stop always seems to be a must with this play.
Topic: What is YOUR plan?
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 12:47:27 AM

I was listening to NPR months ago and heard a delightful story. It (while possibly being fiction) was told by a daughter who was recanting a phone conversation with her elderly parents.  She asked them for some advise on their longevity.  Her Mom said, “Never make a left hand turn”. “No left hand turns?”, she said. “But what happens when you need to turn left?”. “Oh, we make three right hand turns”, said the Mom. “That’s funny. But you’re getting a bit forgetful Mom. What if you forget to go straight when you need to Mom?”. “Oh” said the Dad. “Then we just call it a day and go home”.

Tobydad I always enjoy your advice, if I didn’t I wouldn’t be making this post. But I’m curious to why you are equating leadership to being a good trader. I think that often times what makes one a leader can kill them in this market. Sometimes you just need to go home and sit.

Take care,

Yinzer

Ps. Happy travels Apsll
Topic: TMA
Posted: Friday, December 5, 2008 9:26:51 PM
QUOTE (realitycheck)

How long does it have to trade below $1 before it gets booted of of the NYSE ?

I guess we found out today.

To be a bit more clear I wasn't asking if it was a buy, but more towards will they servive. I would od thought that they would of been one that got help.

Anyway, dead issue now. Thanks for everyone's input.
Topic: TMA
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:46:39 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts on TMA/Thornburg Mortage?

I've always had an eye on them. Daily gains of 93% and 43% will peak my interest but the stock just keeps falling. They seem to me as a firm that led the good life and didn't get sucked into the easy profit game. But while they have had a default rate less than 1% they are getting screwed. They aren't able to get cash flowing in. No TARP help.

Will they survive? I've always stayed away from the get rich quick senarios but this one has me thinking.
Topic: LIBOR
Posted: Sunday, November 2, 2008 11:57:11 AM
QUOTE (realitycheck)
yinzer ...

If you'd like to learn more about this ... and how it relates ... it would probably benefit you to follow the Trading Diary at Collin Twiggs' site ...

Thank you very much RC. Looks like I've found the site. I seem to have found an incredable amount of information there.
Topic: Ema levels as of Thurs Oct 2008 data for the DJ-30 with 60 min VIX
Posted: Saturday, November 1, 2008 12:49:47 AM
QUOTE (signaltap)
what I've noticed today is that from now on, upside is limited because of th 200/233 ema hourly (see 60 min dj30) and the VIX 60 came thru late, I saw a bounce @ that 56 level (see orange line above left) @ 3:30pm, a greenspike was noted and the dj30 dropped hard from up 250 to only up 36!!! this market is getting ready for a nice pull next week, specially if Mr. Obama wins! thanks for your time, Signaltap

I have some questions about your wording. What do you mean about "a nice pull"?

Now as you might of guessed form my other posts I'm a beginner so any comments will be welcomw. I have been day paper trading DDM/DXD with what I've taken from your system. I've made at leat 10% a day and have never made a buy that went lower before I felt that I could of made the proper stop (or sell). But I am paper trading so I can't be certian that my buy/sells will go through as hoped.

Anyway you have helped me a great deal. I'm sure that I'll have an awaking when I try to go live with my system. I'm sure that much of my success has been from the volatility.

Looks to me like the VIX is trying to trends down which is Bullish. But it consoldating too so (to me) it's up in the air.

I saw a buy signal too a 15:30. Here's my charts.

Topic: Nikolay Kondratieff - Capitalism analyzed by wave Theory
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2008 1:29:24 AM

Are waves ever defined by previous waves? We seem to be reacting to a big bubble which I’m going to assume was governed by the same theory that we are analyzing on the way down. I mean either it’s a truth or it isn’t. Maybe there is correlation between how the bubble was built and how it falls.

Topic: Peter's QQQQ Stock Picker chart as a leading indicator for QLD/QID movment?
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 2:54:59 PM
Have you looked at Signaltap's set up for the DOW? You might need to search back a month or so to find everything.

It's worked great even for a novice like me with DDM/DXD. I think that there is a seperate VIX for your needs.