Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

TMA Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
yinzer
Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:46:39 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts on TMA/Thornburg Mortage?

I've always had an eye on them. Daily gains of 93% and 43% will peak my interest but the stock just keeps falling. They seem to me as a firm that led the good life and didn't get sucked into the easy profit game. But while they have had a default rate less than 1% they are getting screwed. They aren't able to get cash flowing in. No TARP help.

Will they survive? I've always stayed away from the get rich quick senarios but this one has me thinking.
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 3:03:33 AM

Yinzer, how are you doing? Nice to talk to you over here as well as the other site.

I was going to post a chart but just the fact that this stock has gone from over $200 a share down to $.30 a share in a matter of months says it all. The BOP pattern and the positive divergence in Money Stream gives one hope for a turn around but I would need to see more in the way of trend lines and critical levels being breached before I would even give this a second thought.

This is either one heck of a bargain here or a lame duck.

mammon
Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 11:43:57 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Yinzer:  I would have to second the post by APSLL.  Anything, no matter what the fundamentals, that has dropped more than 90% has something wrong.  It is by definition a lame duck.  If it is truly going to make huge gains, back to its former glory, there will be uncountable opportunities to get on the band wagon.

But not now.

At this time, there is no joy in this thing.  There are absolutely no buy signals at this time on anything that I see.  To be sure, the divergencies noted above are signs of hope.  Whenever I find myself in HOPE, I go for long walks in the rain till they go away.

Myself, I would certainly wait for this thing to commit it's self before I did anything more than put it on a watch list.

Even now, there must be better choices to make.

The shape of one mans opinion.

Good talking with ya, guys.

Mammon

Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2008 12:05:00 PM

Please do it more often Mammon, we miss you around here... 
Apsll
Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 7:35:42 PM

According to telechart there was no volume on this one today. RVBD looks good for a bounce though..
realitycheck
Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 8:59:48 PM

How long does it have to trade below $1 before it gets booted of of the NYSE ?

yinzer
Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 9:26:51 PM
QUOTE (realitycheck)

How long does it have to trade below $1 before it gets booted of of the NYSE ?

I guess we found out today.

To be a bit more clear I wasn't asking if it was a buy, but more towards will they servive. I would od thought that they would of been one that got help.

Anyway, dead issue now. Thanks for everyone's input.
realitycheck
Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 11:32:32 PM
QUOTE (yinzer)

I guess we found out today.

To be a bit more clear I wasn't asking if it was a buy, but more towards will they servive. I would od thought that they would of been one that got help.

Anyway, dead issue now. Thanks for everyone's input.[/QUOTE]

For whatever it's worth ....

History shows us that stocks of substantial value .... that trade this low ... are likely headed for bankruptcy ....

They literally become options ... without expiration ... in an "all or nothing" scenario ...