Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

FDP (Good Bottom part ll) Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 11:38:18 AM

This is a stock that Scottnlena turned me onto a few days ago, look at this chart. I think that TSV, BOP and volume shaow that some posiyive action will soon happen...

Look at the 15 minute chart.. The decision point looks interesting when confirmed by MACD and stochastics at around 1:45pm yesterday..

I am sorry about the size of the pictures if anyone can help me with this, I am useing photobucket.com
Apsll
Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 11:45:17 AM

I guess that the size is all right.. You will not belive the frustration I have endured to get this right and now I see my spelling has suufered for it..

Future posts will be better I promise..

Anyway, I think that FDP was a good buy yesterday at $15.44 around 1:45pm..

I would love to have some feed back....
memorableproducts
Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 6:33:30 PM

Based on the latest swing low established on 1/31 and the swing high established on 1/30, a target price of 15.93 can be established when using a Fibonacci expansion ratio of 2.618.

Daily S1 support is currently 15.45.
If we were to use this Daily S1 price as our entry price in determining the Reward To Risk of obtaining the target price of 15.93 (mentioned above) then we would get a Reward To Risk ratio of 2.82.

Monthly R1 Resistance is currently 15.82.
If we were to use this monthly R1 price as our target price (instead of using the price of 15.93 which was achieved via Fibonacci expansion) and if we were to continue to use Daily S1 as our entry price in determining the Reward To Risk of obtaining this target price of 15.82 then we would get a Reward To Risk ratio of 2.18.

In summary, 15.93 may be achievable short term.

Finally, fundamentally speaking, the company is fairly poor when based on a scale of poor, fair, sound or strong. (IMO).

jpendley
Posted : Saturday, February 3, 2007 8:33:44 PM

My concern would be a "news" bomb if they have much produce from California and Arizona as there has been freezes that haven't occurred since 1988.I haven't dug through their filings, so this is just a "hmmmm" thought.
If not , then they will probably have a great year, as prices will certainly increase for a while. Freeze losses will be in the billions according to local news reports. I would check to see how much of their product comes from the states of Calif,AZ, and even Florida, as one weather forcaster implied that these 3 states might see further freezing weather. Confidence would come if the majority of produce is from foreign countries, except for northern Mexico which had about the same problems as Calif.

zaq999ca
Posted : Sunday, February 4, 2007 9:16:08 PM
If it does not break thru the TREND LINE Resistance with convincingly high volume, then we can expect it to slide to the next support point established almost 4 years back - i.e 13.71
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 2:07:43 PM

The price continues to kiss that resistance level (for a third time now in as many months) $15.85 seems to be the magic number, I think tomorow we will have our answer (like ground hogs day) will we have another run to the bottom or will he see his shadow and break through the resistance??

Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 2:09:22 PM

I forgot to mention that one ray of hope is that TSV continues to make higher highs with each new thrust...
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 2:54:25 PM

Here is a good example of what I call 3or 4 times is a charm..

KEM was kissing its resistance of $7.45 three times and in this case the fourth time was the charm. on 1/25 it broke the resistance..

I use this as an example because TSV was doing the same thing that it is now with FDP, it was making higher highs.

anyway here is the chart see for yourself...

scottnlena
Posted : Tuesday, February 6, 2007 4:24:45 PM

TSV and the price proximity to the previous bottom was what caught my eye. Delmonte has huge holdings in Hawaii as well. I would think that the rule of suply and demand would com into play reguarding the frosts. Is it silly to consider the orange juice incident several years ago.. seems like the cost of juice just went up... didn't come back down dramatically either ... at least my grandfather was complaining about it. I don't knwo what it did to the stock price.

aspll I have also been watching CQB. Called a "w" with my wife back in october but chickened out on buying... it boosted my confidence though.

Actually I find it a great help to track my "thinking" to make a note on a chart with my call and then later it will eventually come up again. If I was ambigiuous about it originally, I can see how it did.
Apsll
Posted : Monday, February 12, 2007 5:11:22 PM

FDP has broken the 90 day high coming off the bottom..
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:20:33 PM

This one is running and has the look of a clasic momentum stock in the early stages, (I have looked at a few success stories and this is how they begin)

Crossing over the 50 day moving average, Breaking the highs of the bottom formation, As it was crossing the 50 day sma TSV was crossing the zero line and Money Stream was crossing its 20 day moving average, all at the same time..

It is at the October 2006 resistance right now so if it breaks that, then maybe your last buying oppertunity..

Diceman, what do you think??
scottnlena
Posted : Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:03:30 PM

I'm great at finding stocks for other people and then either forgetting to get into them or something... I have been waiting for this one to give me a better entry but it just keeps going up..I prefered to get something more than two days consolidation to lower risk on entry. good on ya mate!

diceman
Posted : Friday, February 16, 2007 2:27:12 AM
Starting to look good. It will have to prove itself if this is
the "real deal" or just a false run. False runs happened in
Aug to Sept 2006 and March to April 2006.

For some reason after strong run ups.
This can correct in a hurry.

( I get 16.72 as the 90 day high today )

Thanks
diceman