Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: memorableproducts
About
User Name: memorableproducts
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 864
[0.29% of all post / 0.12 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: The Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 11:48:48 PM
BTW, do you or anyone know what happen to Aspll? I see that he stopped posting here and I can't get in touch with him either. He stopped responding to my emails. Do you know if something happened to him?

MP
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 11:46:12 PM
Sure, David. You're welcome. I'm glad you like the pick.
TIV seems to be one that will move with the oil prices. So, prepare for temporary retracements when oil prices drop even just a little bit. In which case, those could be buying opportunities since it looks like oil prices may continue to rise. Nonetheless, I don't really see this one as a fast mover in the long run. It certainly didn't move fast enough for me.

MP
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2011 2:23:27 AM
I missed winning this one by 2 days. Had this contest ended on Friday instead of Wednesday, my stock pick would have propelled me to the top. Oh well, just wasn't meant to be I guess.

MP
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:20:22 PM
Apsll,

I'm not sure I would have told you how to quit the game had I known that you were not going to re-register.
Come on man. Get back in.
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:16:34 PM
Sure David. I will see what I can come up with.
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:03:51 PM
QUOTE (Booker)

BTW, you have been idle far too long. When are you going to make some trades? In your own words "Don't be chicken". After all, Apsll has picked you to win by a nose and in case you have not noticed, I just passed you and DJH is making his play on the inside rail. :)

Just thought I might need to give you guys a bit of a handicap. So, go ahead. Get a good start. Then, let's see if I can catch up. Since  you guys insist on using them, the pennies are not going to be off limits for me either.
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:01:15 AM
QUOTE (Booker)
And yes MP, I will use margin again on penny stocks. The rules are the same for everybody.

I saw where MP was hung up on a short, not sure how he did that other than making several orders all at once and confusing the program.

No, Booker, this margin thing with penny stocks is a moot point now. I think we have already established that anything goes. So, you're right, the rules will be the same for everybody.

I think the system hung up my short because it may not have known how to handle odd-lot short trades.
I think that maybe if I had shorted 200 shares instead of 150 shares, I wouldn't have had that problem. Of course, this is just a guess on my part. I don't really know what the heck is wrong with their software. But, as Apsll alluded, it is extremely annoying and I don't appreciated it jerking me around like that either. We really should find another simulator.

Apsll,
Why don't you share that new simulator, with everyone, that you told me about and maybe get some feedback here?

MP
Posted: Saturday, June 26, 2010 11:29:00 AM
Thanks Apsll.
But, how does the trademonster simulator work for group participation? Isn't this an indivualized system? Also, it looks like everyone would have to open a real account with trademonster first -- you're not on the take for them, are you? lol.

I don't mind starting over. The leader is not out of reach yet. I will reset my account for Monday while everyone decides what to do because it looks like this voting could go on indefinitely since you and David are the only ones responding to my concerns so far.
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 3:20:01 PM
Scanit,

Yeah, I have been corresponding with them. They can't do anything.
I had a problem with VSE about a month ago. And, they couldn't help me then either.
They always tell me basically the same thing: 'Give us 24 hours to refresh the ticker' or something like that.
They never admit to you up front that they are powerless to make corrections to the system. Apparent, this thing is an 'as is' program with no plans for future upgrades. So, all they will ever tell you is 'give them some time to refresh the ticker' or 'try login out and clearing your brower history'.
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2010 10:01:05 AM
Well if that's the case then my vote would be to change venues and factor in current statistics at the end of the contest. Otherwise, I will probably have to drop out.