Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

HLTH: Cup With Handle Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
mammon
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:57:23 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

HLTH seems to be forming the classical "Cup With Handle".  What thinks the Crew?

Mammon
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:19:43 PM

How are you Mammon? I am back from my vacation early for real-estate matters and found you posting an old friend of mine. My sister works for this company; I once made a small fortune off this one.

If you look at the weekly chart you will see that in 2009 so far price has twice tested the highs from June and August of last year. I see this retracing here for a bit and then a bounce off the mid $10's sounds about right. Mid to long term this is a stable company and I am sure that there will be some short term opportunities as well.

Good find...

johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:27:41 PM

Apsll:   I thought you were going to pick a new moniker? 

johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:30:40 PM
By the way, if you chat with WSE, tell him thanks for all the excellent info about day trading. 
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:36:02 PM

Nope, gonna keep this one. I have not spoken with WSE since my return. I wonder why he stoped posting?
johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:38:06 PM
Well i guess if  you don't mind showing off a self portrait, we will have to live with it.
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:43:07 PM

Remember this is a picture of Mammons Mother in law.
johnlc
Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:45:34 PM
WOW!  Is that something like mother like daughter?  
fpetry
Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:26:32 AM
QUOTE (mammon)
HLTH seems to be forming the classical "Cup With Handle".  What thinks the Crew?

Mammon

Good eye mammon.  I just pulled it up and I think it passes many of the criteria using O'Neil's guide, the person who originally dissected and coined the term.  It passes the prerequisite prior uptrend of 25%+ (Nov to Feb) leading to high point of left side of cup.  Depth of cup more than 15%, barely, but not more than 35%, check.    Length of pattern at least 7 weeks, check.   Handle five days minimum  and drooping with lowering volume relative to right side buildup but less than 12% depth and located in upper half of cup,  looks ideal here.  Much of overall pattern minus the wide and loose daily ranges, check.  Top of cup not more than 15% from one year highs, check.   Bottom of cup not V'ish, check.   Avg. daily volume plenty fluid, check.  The main weakness I see is that green volume on buildup of cup's right side versus red volume on cups left side is not ideal, but nonetheless overall the setup is fine because it passes vast majority of criteria imo.  A breakout of highs of handle on high volume would be a very solid buy signal imo.  CFL is a recent cup/handle that had a green volume weakness but finally had a nice surge in volume as it broke out.  Enjoyed the exercise.