Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: S2
About
User Name: S2
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 239
[0.08% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: CMGI - clear doji
Posted: Thursday, May 4, 2006 10:37:36 PM
To learn more about candlesticks and how to use them check out Steve Bigelow's books (especially the latest one) and his web site CandlestickForum. For a fairly comprehensive listing of candlestick PCFs check out the Free Resources page on the Candlestick forum. Bigalow is a Telechart Platinum user and goes by Candlestick1 on TC Net(Mentioned in the recent TC Notes on AVII.

Bigalow also does a free, live web chat every Thursday 8 pm Eastern were he goes over the market and candlesticks; also answers questions from the audience; check his site for details.

CMGI put in another doji today both on the 50d MA, oversold Stochs (12,3,3) turning up, rising MACD; all this and other indicators tell me this stock should be going higher.
Topic: SERVER ERROR IN / TRAINING APPLICATION
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2006 6:34:54 PM
Hmmm, that could be on regular threads; on searchs I puruse a lot of the results on the first page before attempting going to subsequent pages. More often than not I can not get to subsequent pages after a search with Firefox. There have been instances where I could get to page 2 but not page 3; and once on two could not go back to one, getting the training application error going either direction.

I've had this experience since I started with TC a year ago.

S2
Topic: Moving linear regression.
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2006 3:33:18 PM
Thanks Bruce,

I will give it a try and see how it works.

A question for you, what do the "magic numbers" represent? divisors 10 & 82.5. The same can be said for the 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 & 4.5 instances.

In programming we were always taught to variablize "magic numbers" so we would know what they refered to. I know the PCF "language" does not allow variables, unfortunately. But, without understanding what the "magic numbers" mean you are simply giving us fish, not teaching us to fish for ourselves.

If I knew what the numbers refered to I could modify the formula to try Bustermu's second settings LMRA5 - LMRA7 with out having to trouble you for it.

I will take a look at the links you provided in your first post in this thread. Also, FYI, the times on the post are shown in local time; your post on my end show an 11:58:28 time stamp (west coast time).

Thanks again for your assistance.

S2
Topic: SERVER ERROR IN / TRAINING APPLICATION
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2006 3:20:09 PM
Regaridng diceman's error "SERVER ERROR IN / TRAINING APPLICATION" using IE (mentioned in the Moving Linerar Regression thread). I too get the same error, also when attempting to go to the next page on search results, as diceman indicated happens to him with IE. I use Firefox and I too set the results to 100 often to get around this error.

The odd thing is that sometimes going to the next page works fine, sometimes it doesn't, when it doesn't work sometime after repeated attempts it will work.

Usually on multipage threads navigating to the next page works fine with Firefox, but on occassion it won't and I get the "SERVER ERROR IN / TRAINING APPLICATION" message at that time too.

S2
Topic: Moving linear regression.
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2006 12:47:16 PM
Bustermu,

I'm intrigued by your idea of plotting the LRMA as a custom indicator. However, I am not having any success in accomplishing this and the Telechart Help for this isn't.

Please, would you be more explicit in setting up this custom indicator?

Thanks

S2
Topic: AAPL starting possibly oversold
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2006 2:30:41 PM
HN¢,

From your post it would appear wave 2 went from 2/14/2004 to 5/9/2005; that's not right is it?

S2
Topic: Cramer on ICON
Posted: Friday, April 7, 2006 1:59:03 PM
Following any advice blindly, whether from your broker, doctor, Lawyer or Politician can be hazardous. We must each individually do or own due dilligence or suffer the consequences.

There are many that follow Crammer and IBD blindly. There are also many that temper what they hear and read from these sources. There is also the time frame to consider, what may be good on a day trade be not be good on a long term; AAPL may be a longer term short but it was a good swing trade off the 200 the last 7 days.

There's an old say to the affect a wiseman learns from the fool's mistakes.
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2006 6:44:11 PM
Shades of iambic pentameter meets Dr. Seus. Well done diceman.

Craig, have the cage standing by.
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2006 3:05:03 PM
Where's Craig and his cage? This time it will be a tag team match
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2006 7:24:40 PM
It isn't a bad thing; and they do have some good fundamental data. In many cases by the time a stock hits the IBD 100 it is at the top of it's run. There is a saying on the IBD forums about the IBD curse, once a stock hits #1, or even in the top 10, it will soon turn down.

Don't forget, the "I" in IBD is for Investor, not trader. If you have a long term investment perspective knowing you are dealing with a company with sound fundamentals is good, if it finally has gotten to the IBD 100 it may be a good long term investment. Conversely if you are a hit and run trader with short time frames by the time it makes the IBD 100 it is probably made most of it's run and you would do better to look elsewhere. Which is why I've gotten into candlestick reversals, get in early with low risk; if I'm wrong I'm out early with minimal losses and on to the next opportunity.