Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sanger
About
User Name: sanger
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Breakouts
Posted: Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:31:10 PM
I came across this scan in Stocks & Commodities in 2003. I'm not sure how to input it to make it work. Here is the scan:
Longs
(c>20) and (avgv50>500)and (c>maxc5.1) and (c>c1+1) and (v>1.5*avgv50)

Shorts
(C>20) and (avgv50>500)and (c<minc5.1)and (c<c1-1)and(v>1.5*avgv50)

Can you tell me how to input it to make it run. thanks.

Topic: Candlestick pcfs
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:08:49 PM
They were pcfs that I copied from the Candlestick forum and Imhave double checked to make sure I input them correctly.
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:02:43 PM
QUOTE (diceman)
sanger

Do the PCF's you input agree with your definition of the candle patterns?

Thanks
diceman

Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:48:17 PM
I input some pcfs (bullish engulfing and kicker formulas). I then calculated the pcfs and pulled up a watch list and sorted it by bullish engulfing patterns. Of the 100 stocks in my watch list about half had true next to them. I then clicked on the individual stocks and none of them had just experienced a bullish enguling pattern that day. What do I need to tweak if I'm want to see enculfing patterns that day. I thought since it said true it would mean there was that particular candlestick pattern on the day that I ran the sort?

This would be the case for my other candlestick pcfs patterns such as doji and kicker. None of them had actually experinced the pattern even though it said true.

My home e-mail is (email removed by Moderator) thanks.