Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Candlestick pcfs Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sanger
Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:48:17 PM
I input some pcfs (bullish engulfing and kicker formulas). I then calculated the pcfs and pulled up a watch list and sorted it by bullish engulfing patterns. Of the 100 stocks in my watch list about half had true next to them. I then clicked on the individual stocks and none of them had just experienced a bullish enguling pattern that day. What do I need to tweak if I'm want to see enculfing patterns that day. I thought since it said true it would mean there was that particular candlestick pattern on the day that I ran the sort?

This would be the case for my other candlestick pcfs patterns such as doji and kicker. None of them had actually experinced the pattern even though it said true.

My home e-mail is (email removed by Moderator) thanks.
diceman
Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2006 5:57:53 PM
sanger

Do the PCF's you input agree with your definition of the candle patterns?

Thanks
diceman

Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:06:51 PM

Worden Trainer

Please post the PCF you are using along with some of the tickers that showed TRUE for them so I can review this.

- Craig
Here to Help!
sanger
Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:08:49 PM
They were pcfs that I copied from the Candlestick forum and Imhave double checked to make sure I input them correctly.
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2006 6:18:12 PM

Worden Trainer

Please copy and paste one of them here from your system and give me tickers you are getting TRUE for the PCF so I can check it.

- Craig
Here to Help!