Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: chrischapman
About
User Name: chrischapman
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 40
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Help w/ Volume Formula & 21 Day volume EMA
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 2:41:06 PM

Hi Bruce, hope you had a good start in 2018.  I've organied the 2 formulas you provided above into a sorting method and am truly thankful to you for helping me obtain good results.

I'm now woking to develop a smilar method for large cap stocks and am wondering if you had the time to help. I need to adjust  the 2 formulas you provided on Dec. 4 & 8 for searches based on 9 days rather than one month (21 days).

Do you have in your files the above fomulas base on 9 days and would you send them to me?  I don't beieve it's as simple as replacing the number 9 everywhere the numer 21 appears in the formulas or is it?

Your guidane is alwayswelcome.

Chris 

Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 9:49:45 AM

Thanks Bruce, I think your solution is a good one.  I'll try it.

Have a good weekend.

Chrs

Posted: Friday, December 8, 2017 12:01:07 PM

Hi Bruce, hope you are well. 

I'm working with your formula posted 12/4 and it's saving me a lot of time. 

Could your formula be adapted to only select 1 month volume bars which have a poitive 1 month price peformance (1 month green bars as opposed to 1 month red bars)?

As you recall, the goal is to rank stocks which the 1 month volume is far above its 1 month EMA to the lowest 1 month volume below its EMA.  This 1 monh volume searh produces stocks with positive and negative 1 month price performance.

By eliminating stocks with negative1 month price perfomance would produce a perfect list of stocks that have positie 1 month price and volume performane and it would save even more time. 

Any guidance is indeed appreciated.

Chris

Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 4:33:14 PM

Hi Bruce, you're spot on!  It works like a charm!  Thanks for reminding to update by selecting stocks with more than 250 days of history.

Many thanks

Chris

Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 2:32:54 PM

Hi Bruce, It copied over well per your instructions.  I created a new PCF and tested and saved it.  then I let the system recalculate but it does not update.  The collumn which says "updated Through" indicates "Not Calculated" even though I performed the procedure to update several times.

Any thoughs or coments?

Thanks in avance

Chris

Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:23:17 AM

Hi Buce, many thanks, your the best.  Is there a way to copy your formula from your post and create a PCF in TC2000 V7?

Thanks

Cris 

Posted: Sunday, December 3, 2017 6:53:54 PM

Hello:

I need help writing a PCF formula for 1 month volume ranked according to the percentage the 1 month volume bar is above its volume EMA to the lowest percentage below its volume EMA.

So, to understand my question please open a one day stock chart showing volume bars with a 21 day volume EMA in a window.  Now switch the chart to a 1 month view.  

So, looking at the 1 monh view of a chart think of the volme EMA as the "zero" line.  How do I scan & rank stocks that their 1 month volume is 200 or 300% above the volume EMA al the way down to stocks that the 1 month volume bars are at 20 or 30% below the EMA line. 

The scan would sort stocks with the highest 1 month volume bar above the EMA line to the stocks with the 1 month volume most below its EMA.

The formula I currently use shows these stocks but won't rank them from highest to lowest.

Your help would be greatly appreciated !

Topic: Volume surge w/pos price
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 9:51:31 PM

Hello: the volume surge-5 day formula is AVGV5/AVGV200*100 .  this will rank the surges in order of magnitude with the biggest surges ranked first. 

The problem is that it will rank on top the 5day (weekly) surges with positive and negative price change.

I'm trying to sort for 5day (weekly) volume surge but only the surge that has positive price change.

So, I'm looking for stock with prices moving up on heavy weekly volume.

Thanks in advance

Topic: Volume surge w/pos price
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:24:34 PM

Dear trainer:

Please help me with a formula to search for 5day volume surge with the price up (5 day chart green volume bar only).

Thanks in advance...Chris

Topic: Adjusting PCF to weekly from daily
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2012 9:45:06 AM

what is the difference b/t the "period" for the MACD versus the" timeframe" when setting the sort? In other words, I'm trying to replicate the "timeframe" in the formula (because when using a pcf for a sort it doesn't allow this).