Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Qbear
About
User Name: Qbear
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 16
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: MAXH MAXL from Telechart
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 1:54:47 PM

LOL, yes StockFinder. Good intuition :) Thanks Bruce, and thanks for the tutorial.

Topic: MAXH MAXL from Telechart
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:59:37 PM

I am looking if an indicator that I use in Telechart to measure congestion be created for use in StockCharts:

((MAXH16.1/MINL16.1)-1)*100

Thanks!

Topic: Rule for ADX
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:12:03 PM

OK, I got it, Bruce! After looking at the second option again and playing around, I got it! Thanks for the help!

Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:29:00 PM

I tried both and came up empty - not a real code expert. Could you clarify a bit?

Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:49:20 PM

In SF4 how can I write a rule for ADX declining or equal to yesterday? ADX is a rounded indicator so it is not uncommon for it to be exactly equal to yesterday. The rule writing menu in SF4 doesnt allow for identifying when an indicator is equal to yesterday from what I can see. The end result would be to create one rule for when ADX is rising (easy, already done) indicating a trending market, and another rule for when ADX is equal to OR decling from yesterday's value indicating a trading-range market.

Topic: Backscanner results for shorts
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2012 11:03:39 AM

Because of the well documented problems with the Ann Return/Trade statistic on the results page, I have been analyzing systems using the symbol equity line.I wondering if the backscanner results are overstated.

For instance, using a 50 week moving average system, using 2 rules where where you BUY at the close when the 50 week MA is below price, and SHORT at the close when the 50 week MA is above price, the system would enter a short on 12/28/07 on the SP500 at 1478.49 and buy on 7/17/09 at 940.38. The price change during this time was -36.4%, so the short should have registered a gain of + 36.4%. But looking at the symbol equity line for this system, results in a gain of + 62.7%. Small differences can occur if you are starting with a base of 100 on this exact date or if you are going further back in history, but in general, profitable short position seem to be over stated by about double.

Similarly, unprofitable shorts seem to be understated. The same system would have entered a short on 8/5/11 at 1199.38, and bought at 1285.09. The market rallied + 7.1% during this time frame, so the short position should have resulted in a loss of - 7.1%. But the symbol equity line declined only -4.9%, understating the loss on this short.

Longs seem to suffer the same problem. On 9/30/10 this system would have gone long at 1104.51, closing the trade out on 8/5/11 at 1199.38, which is a gain of + 8.6%. But the symbol equity line gained 12.8%.

Please help me out with where I am going wrong in setting up this trade correctly, or confirm that in fact there is a problem with the backscanner.

Topic: flat adx
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:38:48 AM
The standard adx in stockfinder 4 can be unchanged for several periods, due to Wilders rounding calculations. Can you write a rule that indicates if adx today is = to adx yesterday?
Topic: real-time price changes
Posted: Friday, March 5, 2010 12:09:17 PM
I know you can write a pcf for 5 day return as c/c5 and this will return the 5 day return as of last night. Can I do this calculation using realtime prices instead? What is the convention for writing this formula if so?
Topic: Double Stochastic Oscillator
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2010 3:47:18 PM
Customer service is why Worden is a step ahead of everyone. That worked perfectly, Bruce. Thanks again!

-Brad
Topic: Double Stochastic Oscillator
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2010 11:47:34 AM
Is the attachment at the bottom new? When i double click on it, I only get find, save, or cancel dialog boxes, not open....