Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Double Stochastic Oscillator Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Qbear
Posted : Sunday, February 28, 2010 7:26:46 PM
Platinum Customer Platinum Customer

Bruce-

You were kind enough to code this oscillator for me a few months back - see link below. It worked perfectly by the way! Could you recode this so that:

1) I can edit the indicator in RealCode. I would like to see how you set this up so I can start writing RealCode myself.

2) Allow the ability for the user to change the following parameters:
        1) Original Stochastic Periods
        2) Second Stochastic Periods
        3) Number of Periods in Moving Average of Second Stochastic
        4) Smoothing Constant from Previous Day ( in this example it was .15, so the implied smoothing  constant applied to the current day would be 1-.15 or .85)

Thanks so much!
-Brad

http://forums.worden.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=41968
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 11:00:56 AM

Worden Trainer

The Indicator was not created in RealCode, but it is possible to Edit the Parameter Blocks in the Block Diagram so they show up in the Legend and/or Edit window so they can be adjusted.

Block Diagrams have been de-emphasized in StockFinder but the Your First 3 Block Diagrams video covers creating Block Diagrams. Most people don't do much with Block Diagrams and use Drag and Drop or RealCode exclusively.

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder (and save it from within StockFinder if desired).

Attachments:
Double_Stochastic_Oscillator.sfInd - 7 KB, downloaded 965 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Qbear
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 11:47:34 AM

Is the attachment at the bottom new? When i double click on it, I only get find, save, or cancel dialog boxes, not open....
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 12:02:04 PM

Worden Trainer

Yes, it is different. The Parameter Blocks are already edited in the Block Diagram.

If you are not getting on option to Open the File, save it to the \My Documents\StockFinder\(Your Username)\My Indicators\ folder. You should then be able to Open it using Add Indicator in StockFinder.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Qbear
Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 3:47:18 PM

Customer service is why Worden is a step ahead of everyone. That worked perfectly, Bruce. Thanks again!

-Brad
855MRZILLA
Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:28:49 PM

I'm trying to add is indicated to my charts. 
And I'm getting error message. 
This is what I'm trying to do.? 
Slow Stochastic Oscillator
I'm trying to use these 
2 formulas in there, not working. 

STOCx.y.z where x=Period, y=SMA, z=Offset

K = ((C - Ln)/(Hn - Ln)) * 100
855MRZILLA
Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:30:39 PM

Thank you in advance. Sometimes I have a busy schedule to get to say. Thank you I just wanna share. 

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:46:24 PM

Worden Trainer

If you are interested in a 14 period slow stochastic %K for the current bar in TC2000, it would be written as follows (because it includes an assumed 3 period simple moving average).

STOC14.3

Slow Stochastic

A 14 period fast stochastic %K for the current bar would not have the assumed 3 period simple moving average included and could just be written as (this is actually what the K = ((C - Ln)/(Hn - Ln)) * 100 formula gave represents):

STOC14.1

Or even as:

STOC14

Fast Stochastic

The stochastic in TC2000 is actually a full stochastic which allows you to specify both the period and %K period instead of just specifying a single period when plotting the %K line.

Full Stochastic

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles