Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sabre365
About
User Name: sabre365
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Importing Lists into A Personal Watch List
Posted: Monday, February 3, 2014 9:44:23 PM

How do you import a list of symbols from Excel into a watch list? I pasted a bunch of gold stocks into Excel and created a personal watchlist called Gold. When I go to import into watch list I find my Excel file and click open nothing happens. Help please.

Topic: Breakout After Crash
Posted: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:39:38 PM

I'm looking for help writing a condition that will identify breakouts after a market crash.The crash can be anywhere globally, and all I need is a broker to facilitate trades. The conditions are :

1. After prices climb for several years to a market top then prices drop very quickly, within 3 months to a year reaching a 2-3 year market low.
  2. Then after the decline prices trade sideways
    1. the consolidation can last from 3 months to a year. (within the PCF i could change time periods for different easy scans):
      1. the 60 day to 200 day Bollinger Bands are shrinking
      2. And the 150 and 200 day simple moving averages are converging
  3. Then bam, price breaks above the 200 day Bollinger Band and its 200 day moving average, entering the start of a new Bull Market

Your help writing this equation is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Topic: Crossing up through 150 day MA
Posted: Thursday, October 4, 2012 10:07:46 PM

What is the formula to find stocks that have been trading sideways for a year below their 150 moving average and then for the last 2 weeks have been trading above their 150 moving average?

J. Mike M

Topic: Identify sectors gaining momentum over the past few months
Posted: Thursday, February 2, 2012 7:41:46 PM
After step 6, change active watchlist to all flagged items at 4:59 into the video where it says create a new watchlist and click "start with the symbols from the active watchlist" I lose it. When I click create a new watchlist it does not give me this option (start with the symbols from the active watchlist). Nevertheless I rename the watchlist with all flagged items as Momentum Sectors and click OK. Then all the fields in the columns disappear except the headers. I find the empty watchlist in personal. What went wrong?
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:19:00 PM
The watchlist in the video uses ALL MEDIA GENERAL AVERAGES. Since this isn't present in TC2000 v_12 I'm guessing Main Industries and Sub Industries should be used to find the momentum sectors, correct?
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:29:28 PM
Your right. When I pasted each argument in a single PCF page it works. So the procedure for running in TC2000 is the same as shown in the above video example from 2004?

Is there written procedure to follow instead of going back to the video?

Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 10:49:25 PM
How come when I paste the formula for sorting the top sectors in TC 2000 v_12 I get an error message?

Here are the PCF's for the sort criteria used for the sort columns in the video.

Current Month:
((C-C20)/C20)*100

Prior Month #1:
((C21-C41)/C41)*100

Prior Month #2:
((C42-C62)/C62)*100

Prior Month #3:
((C63-C83)/C83)*100

Mike