Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rogertaylor22
About
User Name: rogertaylor22
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Gaps
Posted: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:53:13 PM
OK Thanks Bruce, your help is much appreciated, as you say its starting to get a little large. Thanks for looking into it anyway.
Posted: Monday, April 26, 2010 3:49:34 PM
Hi BruceWOW!! Would it be possible to limit to 6 months?But here's the key, I'm looking for stocks where price has returned to the gap, rather than simply being above/below it? So on the day of the update, price is within 10% of the region of the gap, or if easier, price is within $1 of the top/bottom of the gap?Not sure this would be possible.
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 2:12:20 PM
Actually would it be possible to search for gaps in the last year. A good example of what I am looking for is stock CMCSA which gapped up on the 12/3/09. It then returned to the gap on 02/5/10 to 02/12/10 before re-engaging the upward trend.Thanks
Posted: Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:45:23 AM
Dear Worden SupportWondered whether you could help. I would like to create a pcf that allows me to search for stocks which have gapped up or down (in the direction of the trend) over the past 3 months and then price has pulled back or rallied up to the gap. Essentially I am looking for price to re-engage the trend once it has returned to the area of the gap.So the scan would basically 1) identify that a gap had occurred in the last 3 months and 2) that price (on the day you run the update) had returned to the area of the gap. Many thanks
Topic: Identify sectors gaining momentum over the past few months
Posted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 1:30:30 PM
Hi DougThis is a great scan for finding sectors moving from Stage 1 into Stage 2 aka Stan Weinstein. How about finding sectors moving from Stage 3 into Stage 4? You are really looking for sectors that have underperformed the market a couple of months ago ie. they started to slow down, then last month they went flat ie they started to roll over (stage 3), then this month they seriously underperformed the market ie. they have moved into stage 4.I have played around and can't quite seem to get a straight forward way of doing it.
Topic: Scanning for sectors with MAs in order
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:44:37 AM
Many Thanks Bruce - really impressed by the support with this product - it really is first class.
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:00:03 PM
Hi BruceThis is great, many thanks.However why have you gone to the effort of listing out all the closing prices when you can simply use the AVG function? I ask that that from a position of ignorance rather than questioning your vastly superior programming skills!!Also what is .0953245136006837 ?What would you need to do if you wanted it for the daily 20EMA above the 50SMA above the 100SMA?
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:43:32 PM
Hi - I'm trying to write a PCF to find market sectors where the MAs are in order on the weekly chart.The 20EMA is above the 50SMA which is above the 100SMA. Price doesn't necessarily need to be above the MAs so I don't need to include it as a condition.I've been using XAVGC100 > AVGC250 > AVGC500 but it doesn't work.