Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

PCF questions Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
JesseChn
Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:00:41 AM

Hi,

If i were to use PCF ((H1-O)/O)*100 is greater than 2 within a hourly timeframe. Will my scans return results for stocks that made greater than 2% upside move from open within the 1st 60min candle? Also, does H1 refer to the high of the 1st 60min candle (asking this as when I ran a test on my formula AH it seems like it doesn't use the 1st 60min bar but the last 60min bar instead)

Thanks

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 8:44:54 AM

Worden Trainer

No, that formula will check the currently forming candle while the market is open (or the most recently closed bar while the market is closed).

There really isn't any sort of reliable way of automatically referencing the first bar of the trading day.

H1 refers to the high of the previous candle.

So during the first bar of the trading day, the following would check for the first bar.

100 * (H / O - 1) > 2

During the second bar of the trading day, the following would check for the first bar.

100 * (H1 / O1 - 1) > 2

During the third bar of the trading day, the following would check for the first bar.

100 * (H2 / O2 - 1) > 2

During the fourth bar of the trading day, the following would check for the first bar.

100 * (H3 / O3 - 1) > 2

During the fifth bar of the trading day, the following would check for the first bar.

100 * (H4 / O4 - 1) > 2

During the sixth bar of the trading day, the following would check for the first bar.

100 * (H5 / O5 - 1) > 2

During the seventh bar of the trading day, the following would check for the first bar.

100 * (H6 / O6 - 1) > 2

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles