Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Scanning multiple lists or Creating watchlist of multiple components Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
qyang
Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 9:54:48 AM

Hi,

Is it possible to create an EasyScan with multiple lists to scan from? I'd like to scan from U.S. common stocks and ADRs.

If this is not possible, I would like to create a personal watchlist consisted of U.S. common stocks plus ADRs, and maybe even plus ETFs. I didn't see a way from the documentation.

The TC2000 v7 had a bult-in watchlist "All Items In System", which is very useful. Is there a similar one in TC2000 v16?

Thanks a lot!

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 10:04:45 AM

Worden Trainer

You should be able to right-click on any symbol in any WatchList and select Copy All Symbols to....

Choosing (New Personal WatchList) will do just that. You can then repeat in as many other WatchLists as you want while choosing the Personal WatchList you created the first time.

Copying Symbols to Personal Watchlists (5:35)

Thank you for All Items in System suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
qyang
Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 10:22:51 AM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the suggestion. I though of the same way, but bying doing this, I have to manually maintain the watchlists myself. Say, I create one watchlist of U.S. Common Stocks and ADRs, and another watchlist of U.S. Common Stocks, ADRs and ETFs. All those components change all the time, some even everyday or at least every week. I have to re-create the watchlists to reflect the changes. 

I wish I don't have to do this if there are ways to pick the system components, not copying one by one. Then whever there is change, TC2000 would maintain the components automatically.

Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 10:51:43 AM

Worden Trainer

Yes, you would have to maintain the Personal WatchList yourself is it would not automatically add and remove symbols to your Personal WatchList when symbols are added or removed from the WatchLists you used to create the Personal WatchList.

I will submit another suggestion on your behalf for scanning multiple WatchLists simultaneously in an EasyScan.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
qyang
Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 12:08:08 PM

Thanks a lot, Bruce. It would be great if EasyScans allow selecting multiple lists/components to scan from.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2016 12:10:40 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles