Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Unique window tickers & taking screen prints & exporting notes Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tradingarts
Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 12:13:27 PM

I've been looking through the tutorials and have not found an answer to my three questions at the time I am typing this message.

Question 1:

How do I release or separate a floating window (or any window for that matter) from the global ticker? Not sure if that is the best vocabulary. When I click any ticker in any watchlist, or update the ticker on any window, all windows update to the same ticker. I want some windows to only display selected tickers while I view others. How do I "unlink" a window from the watchlist tickers?

Question 2:

Screenprints of charts. Does TC2000 allow me to save a chart image to the clipboard so that it can be used in other applications, such as pasted into MS Word or Photoshop? Just looking for the most efficient way to grab a screenprint of a chart.

Question 3:

Notes can have screenprints of charts. Can I export a note or selection of notes that includes print-quality screenprints? Background: I may go to print with a book, and having screenprints of print quality would be helpful.

Thank you,

Buck

tradingarts
Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 12:39:13 PM

Question 2 solved: Right click on a chart, select SAVE > IMAGE OF CHART.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 12:50:36 PM

Worden Trainer

If you want to completely unlink the symbol in a floating window from the rest of the layout, you would want to change the symbol linking icon color to gray. This is the S in a colored box in the upper right corner of the window.

How symbol linking works

The screenshots are not actually screenshots. They are dynamically generated charts which are generated when you view the note. There really isn't a way to export the notes with charts in the way you seem to want.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
tradingarts
Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 12:55:13 PM

Excellent. Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 12:55:49 PM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas