Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Need an Update to all the paid customer driven bugs / enhancements logged in this forum Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
busterram
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 12:19:26 AM

Good evening. I have been wanting to consolidate list of important bugs and enhancements that have been posted in this forum in the past 3 yrs in to one note.

The features that came in 12.5 are barely useful to any trader and the development team spent 9 months to work on features which are useless for most traders. Myself and many of my friends who use tc2000 are super concerned about the lack of progress in getting any of the paid customer driven bugs / enhancement logged in this forum for the past 3 yrs or so. Crippling bugs continue to grow but the development team continues to work on features that noone really cares about. Quite disappointing.

All of the bugs / enhancement in the list below have been open for a minimum 9 months to 3 yrs or more in the forum. I would like to get an official update on where are we on these important bugs. Please don't belittle this note by giving me the standard answer that "you do not know when and whether an issue would be fixed or not". Please have courtesy to paid customers by getting the right person from Worden development team to respond to this note. Appreciate your help on that.

1. 60 mins / 120 mins bar to close at 10:30 and 11:30 respectively

2. Plot prev day / week High / low / mid on any timeframes

3. Ability to copy & export Notes created

4. Custom timeframes such as 7 mins, 65, 130 mins etc all closing correctly.

5. Ability to change line style (dotted, dashed etc) and the line thickness when drawing a trendline.

6. Built in Functions for CCI, WMA, ATR and all other technical indicators

7. Average function to take equations / pcf as parameters

8. Ability to refer to Daily / Weekly / Monthly data in pCF using variables like CD, CW and CM. (Something like c > cd1 in 5 mins chart means the current 5 mins close is greater than previous daily close)Add annotation tool for down arrow as well.

9. Ability for the horizontal trendline to snap.

10. Scan using premarket data

11. Ability to export watchlist with all its columns

12. Other types of charts like tick or volume charts.

13. Update the native tc2000 app in the Apple app store (last update was in June 2012)

14. Abiliy to plot opening range on any timeframes.

15. Allow text color to be changed easily. Add the ability to bold or italics the text.

As an FYI, all these critical features are already available in all the competitive platforms such as Ninja trader, Tradestation, Thinkorswim, Multicharts & Tradingview.

So it would be super beneficial for worden to act on these crippling bugs / enhancements at the earliest. This will bring back the needed boost to the customer base that worden does respond to customer driven bugs / enhancements and more importantly it will help us see that investments are made to innovate the product that has been lacking for quite sometime because of wrong development priorities.

This note is posted today on 5/4/2015. I will be checking on this list every two to three weeks for progress updates to get the ball rolling on the feature list posted.

Appreciate an actionable response to this note at the earliest.

Just to reaffirm, please do not delete this note and please do not belittle this note with a standard response.

(All users of tc2000 appreciate your help and support on this).

Thank you and have a good week ahead.

dario80
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 3:02:26 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

busterram, I agree with you

busterram
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 9:37:46 AM

Dario80,

Thank you for your support.

dblazen
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 2:55:12 PM

ditto

busterram
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 3:16:58 PM

Dblazen:

brucecj
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 3:18:44 PM

I agree so much!

LIne style colors and thickness for Fibonacci's also.

busterram
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 3:27:45 PM

brucecj:

Agree. All lines in the platform we need to have the ability to change colors, stule and thickness.

jlh
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 10:57:16 PM

I also agree. Thinking of cancelling my subscription because I do not have a good feeling about the lack of news, updates, especially an update to the IPAD App which is very buggy. Website has not been updated in a long time. Makes you wonder what is going on with Worden.

busterram
Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 11:21:44 PM
JLH:
Thank you for your email & your support.

We need many more users like you to speak up so Worden's management team wakes up.

You are very right. There has been no innovations, no updates to iPhone or ipad app and no action on any of the bugs logged.

My fear is they are just running a tight ship with minimum investment to do any development & keeping the firm afloat with maintainance revenues from existing customers like us and any new customers who join based on their ads in stocks and commodities magazine. 

That is not a sustainable model as crippling bugs continue to be present & frustrate paying customers like us who have been patiently waiting for many years while all their competitors continue to invest and make their software better & better everyday. If that trend continues very soon tc2000 will loose any edge it has on its features if any. 

Its time worden management wakes up to show goodwill to make some development investment to fix those bugs. I am pretty sure management is reading this thread. If they were serious about keeping their customers, they would act upon it immediately.

Keeping my fingers crossed for positive things to come up.

Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:47:18 AM

After 10 years I am using TC less and less because of the competitive alternatives.  Personally I think it a "Third Generation" thing which is a well documented principle.  We use to get regular updates, newsletters and even CD updates.  Seminars, webinars and new videos are gone.  Sorry Chris, you've had enough time to prove youself and it's time to step aside and hire some professional management.   The complaints get louder and louder every month and no one seems to be listening.   Typical Lehman Management style.

busterram
Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 1:00:32 AM
Big_Sky_Walker:
Thank you for the note and your support.

I am in the same boat. I do use other alternatives as well and  been debating if I should continue with tc2000 or not as I am yet to see light at the end of the tunnel for those bugs getting fixed. Hence this email thread to see if their management wakes up & takes some action fast. Many of my friends who use tc2000 are also going through the same debate. 

It would be great if all the users of tc2000 who read this thread to speak up & voice their opinion so worden management takes some action fast.

Its a shame that a good software is being left to deteriorate because of bad management.

busterram
Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2015 12:29:04 AM
To: Worden Senior Management

Good evening.

It has been more than 10 days this post has been here. I am quite sure you have read this note.

As a courtecy to all the paying members, it would be great if the Senior management can provide an update to the issues mentioned in this thread.

As mentioned in my earlier post, lack of transparency has led to the development team spend the last year on features in 12.5 that is of no use to most traders. So want to make sure Senior management is aware of all the critical bugs reported in this forum that has been summarized here & proper action is taken to address asap.

Looking forward to a response from the Senior management of the company.

Thank you for your help.

retire06
Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:55:33 PM

The fact that you still use TC2000 is THE reason why you are not getting responses.. TC2000 has been so good in the past subscribers don't have alternatives...

I finally left and now use Finviz, Thinkorswim, and Tradingview. We ALWAYS have a choice... no matter how we have to adapt.

Maybe Silverlight is a limiting platform... BUT whatever it is the silence sounds like milking the cow until....  12.5 was a actually quite an insult.

busterram
Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 11:52:48 PM
Thank you for the note.

I do like tc2000 software & their support from Bruce and his team. I just hate the fact that their development / management team is so irresponsible and slow & don't fix anything for ages. 
I am an optimist so hoping for things to improve. May be they get rid of their entire dev team / management and bring in new people who have a passion to deliver kick ass software.

In the meantime I am contemplating downgrading from platinium to Gold subscription because their intraday charts are buggy with all the bar close issues and fake candlestick patterns that they plot. 

Till they fix that I am going to use other platforms for intraday charts and only do daily and above for tc2000. I do have subscription with tradingview as well. Don't see any reason to pay $100 for tc2000 realtime intraday charts that plots fake candlestick bars because of incorrect bar closes. Already paid price for relying on them on incorrect trades signals. So if you are platinium user trading using intraday charts, you are warned especially if you use 60 mins or 120 mins in stock and 2 hrs and 4 hrs in forex. They are all incorrect and plot incorrect price values and incorrect candlestick patterns and you will loose out on your trades by relying on them. Check here for more details.

Thats the main reason looking to go towards Gold subscription till Worden gets their act together to fix all their bugs & use other platforms I have for intraday charts. Who knows if I get comfortable with the other platforms & if Worden management continues to not do anything for their bugs, I may just move on. Hoping Worden management does act on this soon.

I am also contemplating other ways via other external forums / blogs / magazine subscription to get more awareness to these bugs so users are aware of these bugs so do not get hurt trading incorrect signals from tc2000 charts / scans because of the bugs and in addition put pressure on management to act fast. 

Challenge is we need more tc2000 users to be active & vocal about these issues so action happens faster. It would be great for all the tc2000 users who read this post to comment and show support and ask worden to act on these bugs. More the merrier as in the end we all get the benefit if they act faster. 

(Unfortunately number of posts from users here in the past looks like got deleted by Forum administors which is odd.)

Looking forward for worden management to respond to this post and act on fixing those bugs as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a good day
retire06
Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 8:33:04 AM

I think TC2000 does well enough with EOD subscribers to leave things as is. It's strehgths are EOD trading but you are right, why bother with Intraday if you won't do it well.

Telework
Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 4:09:49 PM

busterram, thank you for raising your concerns and starting this thread. I also have my own list of enhancements, some of which I have been requesting for more than 3 years without any feedback or response from anyone at Worden. I would like to add my own list below in a couple of different posts.

1) I have been requesting improved watchlist management for 3 years now. Specifically the ability to dock the Membership windows and have it dynamically update as you scroll through a list of stocks. The current method of hitting Ctrl-M, updating and then manually closing the window for each and every stock is far TOO SLOW AND TIME CONSUMING. Please allow this window to dynamically update with the correct data for each stock as it is viewed.

2) After multiple requests from myself Worden finally added back in the ability to use Ctrl-F to toggle from a stock to its Industry Index Comparison symbol. However, they did not complete the job and allow you to press Ctrl-F a second time in order to toggle back to the stock you were originally viewing. Hitting Backspace at this point also does not get you back to the last stock you were viewing. I consider this a bug as it worked well with TC2000 v7.  You can toggle back and forth correctly with a custom defined comparison symbol but NOT WITH INDUSTRY OR SECTOR INDEXES. Please come up with a solution and at least fix the Backspace function in this instance so that you can get back to your starting point.

3) Scans should be able to be built with both AND or OR statements when adding multiple conditions. Currently it is only AND and very frustrating.

4) Please add the Nasdaq McClellan Oscillator to the T2 Indicators. Everyone else has it. Why don't you?

5) Allow ordering of the Indicators in a Pane so that you can easily control which layers are in front or behind. If I want an indicator that is currently behind others to now be in front I have to REBUILD THE ENTIRE PANE. You could simply allow one to drage and drop the indicator name at the top of the pane to a new location to reorder.

6) Histograms that reverse direction need to be allowed to be coded with different colors. That means allowing 4 different colors for a histogram. TOS has this capability today.

7) Please add an indicator to view the Put/Call ratio for individual equities.

8) Please add an indicator to view implied volatility for individual equities.

9) Allow key fundamental data to be used in PCF formulas. Specifically something as simple as viewing the 50-day volume / Float is not possible in TC2000. Nor simply  Volume/Float.

10) More customizable shortcut menu that allows you more flexibility to custom assign hotkeys to a much wider variety of functions. Lots of examples here but will leave this for another time.

Telework
Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:47:11 PM

Another enhancement I have requested in the past is the ability to easily turn indicators such as moving average on and off with a simple check box in the Edit Chart window.

The Edit Chart windows is also a good place to allow ordering of the indicators by moving them up or down.

MoreAces
Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 12:59:25 PM

Ability to Create Hot Keys for custom Alerts would be nice addition

busterram
Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 9:58:23 AM

Thank you Telework for your comments. Those are all good additions for sure. 

Challenge is I doubt anyone from Worden development team reads this post nor cares about it. Any professional development manager knows its important to be in sync with the users and cater to their needs. As you can see this post has been open for feedback from Worden for more than 3 months with specifically addressed to their management yet no response. That shows their attitude towards paying customers. 

The painful part is the features they released last time aftter 1 yr of development was a waste and was useless and am hoping that the next release they do release useful updates / bug fixes and not repeat the same feat of releasing useless features that noone would use. I am surprised they employ & pay their development staff that pick the most useless features to develop in one year.

Worden continues to lag behind in development. One year and one release for useless features. On the other hand many other pltatform vendors been developing and releasing features on a constant basis (releases once every month / quarter) . For example tradingview which I also use for forex especially (because the open / close bars in forex are incorrect in worden), They release feature updates every month based on customer feedback from their forum. Check this out how often they release  http://blog.tradingview.com/?p=1195 . This year tradingview has added features two times a month and are very active in their forum to engage with users on features. Sometimes tradingview managers email the user to get additional feedback and share beta software with the community to provide prerelease feedback. Even small things like additng additional properties in few dialogs based on customer feedback. That is awesome and gixes you lot of hope & positive feedback with the users & reiteraes the fact that tradingview is a positive copany looking to grow.

On the other hand, worden management does the exact opposite. How do  you expect the users to be energized and believe in the longevity of your platform when bad features get rolled out and no bugs are ever fixed for years and only answer we get is "we do not know if and when a bug is fixed or not". Thats the worst way to kill a good product.

Wish Worden's management team learns from what the industry does in engaging with the users and gets their act together and starts fixing the bugs soon.

Looking forward to a response from Worden management and a prompt action to get the bug fixes rolling.

Thank you for your help.

Have a good day,

Telework
Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 11:09:22 PM

I'm bumping this post because it still has not been addressed by Worden while new features such as Paper Trading are touted without any regard for the concerns of long time customers with valid feedback.

Worden, please address these requests item by item and provide feedback to your customers.

davidc1
Posted : Monday, September 14, 2015 9:49:35 AM

I cancelled my Platinum subscription because of consistently bad data, no pre-market scanning or real time TICK and no adjustable style/thickness in horizontal lines. These are fundamentals that are a lot more important than the continual cosmetic "upgrades" with each new release.

However I don't think that the 1st hourly bar should close at 10.30 as it means the last bar would only be 30mins and having the last hour of trading is useful.

busterram
Posted : Friday, October 23, 2015 10:33:47 PM

It has been more than 5 months and we still do not have a response from the management.

These are critical user needs / issues that need to be resolved in a timerly fashion.

This is another wakeup call to the management to act on these issues and provide updates to paying customers crtical needs.

To Management: All the paying customers would appreciate a simple courtesy of acknowleding the issues and providing an update for each of the issues posted.

This is also a wake up call to all the paying customers on how bad the response has been from the management. More paying customers need to speak up to put pressure on the management to act. I am just afraid customers just give up and leave without speaking up here. 

Thank you for your help. 

Big_Sky_Walker
Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2015 12:57:12 AM

As I've mentioned in the past, it's a classic third generation case.  It never works, never has, never will.  After offering suggestions for the past 10 years and getting little or no response I've given up.  Am waiting patiently for one of us to expire.

busterram
Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 8:35:54 AM

Big Sky Walker:

Good morning.

I hear you. You are very right. Unfortunately the worden management has not done anything to reach out to the users (paid customers) to address their concerns which is kind of surprising even though all their competitors are aggresively engaging with the customers. I hope Worden management fix their ways soon before many customers leave because of no action.

Telework
Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 4:09:59 PM

Well said.  At this point i really wanted to have the opportunity to discuss this with someone. I asked suppor multiple times to grant me a shot call with a product manager or email discussion to enlighten them on some relatively simple changes that would greatly benefit users and all I ever got was a one line response to the effect that my ideas would not be implemented.

Very dissapointed.

busterram
Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 11:01:58 AM

Telework:

I hear you and feel your pain. 

The challenge for worden is to retain their long term customer base. Essentially many of the traders who use tc2000 for sometime are feeling this pain and are contemplating what to do considering the bugs getting zero attention. This is one of the topics I discuss with my trader friends. 

This is a cache 22 situation. As many long term customers leave, worden will be forced to spend money on marketing to get new customers. These new customers will spend few months to learn the platform and eventually run in to the same bugs we all suffer and they will also leave and worden again has to spend more marketing dollars to fine more new customers.

Well if only they realize if they can fix the bugs soon and get engaged with their existing customer base before they leave, they can continue to have a profitable business. Any sane business person running a business will look to retain their existing customers by doing what is needed.

The funny part is they go and create useless features noone uses while the critical bugs continue to haunt. The worst part is some of the traders do not realize the bugs that will make them loose because of incorrect scans / indicator values etc that are hidden in the platform which u learn the hard way by taking the loss.

Hope worden management gets a wake up call soon and takes an action.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Telework
Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:42:54 PM

Most of my ideas are enhancement requests or tweaks to existing features. I'm more concerned about the unwillingness to engage. I understand if my request cannot be fulfilled due to other priorities. But with no transparency and nobody willing to even have a short chat with me (phone or instant chat) it leaves the customer feeling somewhat abandoned. 

They should consider creating a new forum area for feature requests and be willing to assign someone to have a dialog and show some transparency and candor around why a particular feature will not considered or where it is in the development queue. If this is not possible then at least be willing to provide this information back in an email. This type of customer engagement pays dividends down the road.

Many of my ideas are basic tweaks to existing features that would greatly improve productivity.