Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Getting TC2000 v7 data into AmiBroker? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:40:02 PM

Please see the Connors RSI (CRSI) topic for improved syntax in TC2000 v17+.

Last time I checked ConnorsRSI was still not available in TC2000 v12.4. I understand it's available in StockFInder but I'm pretty much a TC2000 user.

I have the ConnorsRSI add-on module for AmiBroker, but have not used AmiBroker yet.

Has anyone imported data from TC2000 v7 into AmiBroker? It sounds like it's possible but I haven't tried it yet. I'll probably download the free AMiBroker trial next weekend and give it a shot. but I thought someone here might have already skinned that cat :)

Thanks!

Booker
Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:03:48 PM

Amibroker will use the data from TC2000 V7 and from there you can scan for the ConnerRSI. You can also backtest your ConnerRSI ideas from within Amibroker. You will find that trading the ConnerRSI to be very profitable just like Conners says it is. It would certainly be a lot easier to do if Worden would add the indicator to TC2000.

Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:18:44 PM

Thanks, Booker!

I appreciate the info. I'll download the AmiBroker trial version next weekend and give it a go.

I joined Worden during the StockFinder days, and am now using TC2000 v12.4. I've never really used TC2000 v7 before but keep it around just in case I ever wanted to use the data for something ... looks like that time has arrived.

Yeah, I really wish v12.4 had ConnorsRSI (several platforms have it) but what are you gonna do. I'll deal with the inconvenience as long as it improves my bottom line :)

Booker
Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:59:10 PM
You are welcome Put4Dough, If you need any help with the Amibroker code, just PM me. 

My backtesting of ConnersRSI shows better results if the buy comes at the end of day vs the open of the next day. That is difficult to do using EOD data on the same day. It can be approximated by updating TC2000 V7 before the close of day and then running a scan. The update takes a few minutes to run and uses data from 20 minutes ago I believe. The Amibroker scan only takes a few seconds. I did this for a while but soon got tired of the hassle.

Life would be so much better if Worden would only get off their duff and do as was promised and include the indicator with V12. That way a scan could be run very close to the EOD and should compare very well to the backtest.

Good luck with your project.
Putt4Dough
Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:17:04 PM

QUOTE (Booker)
My backtesting of ConnersRSI shows better results if the buy comes at the end of day vs the open of the next day. That is difficult to do using EOD data on the same day. It can be approximated by updating TC2000 V7 before the close of day and then running a scan. The update takes a few minutes to run and uses data from 20 minutes ago I believe. The Amibroker scan only takes a few seconds. I did this for a while but soon got tired of the hassle.

Thanks again, Booker.

For starters I was going to get it working with EOD data, but since I am a Platinum user, once I get it up and running I will try what you suggest, i.e., updating the TC2000 v7 data before the close and running a scan.

I believe TradingMarkets has an analytics dashboard with real-time ConnorsRSI, but I'm sure there's a cost associated with that, though I haven't looked up the price.

I was also considering opening up a Scottrade account since they have implemented ConnorsRSI, but I don't yet know if theirs is real-time or just EOD.

Not sure thinkorswim is an option at the moment; I heard Larry Connors mention the tos indicator is still buggy, but maybe they're corrected it.

Gone South
Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 6:53:40 PM

Hey Putt4Dough,

Does this sound familiar? 

"I've pretty much made the transition to TC2000 v12.3, though ... and it would sure be nice if ConnorsRSI would be available in the TC2000 Standard Indicator Library.

Recently ConnorsRSI has become available for AmiBroker, TradeStation, and Thinkorswim.

Surely the winner of S&C Reader's Choice for 20 years running can figure out a way to add it to their toolbox."

That was YOU, on January 13... LAST YEAR.

The next day, Bruce replied, "We are planning on adding ConnorsRSI to TC2000 version 12.3, I just could not say when it will happen."

The months roll by and Bruce says on January 27... THIS YEAR, "We are supposed to be adding ConnorsRSI to TC2000 version 12.4, but I could not tell you when it will happen."

Poor Bruce is like a White House spokesman, shoved in front of the cameras to say whatever will take the heat off without making any commitments.

While I appreciate some of the cool stuff in 12.4, I'm not holding by breath for ConnorsRSI.   

Putt4Dough
Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:21:33 PM

For now I'm just using ConnorsRSI for exits, so once I've used an EasyScan to identify and enter a trade I can just eyeball ConnorsRSI on a Scottrade chart near the close and decide when to get out.

It would be nice if Worden added it, but I'm not stressing over it. Even if v12.4 is "cool" getting locked into one vendor is never a good idea anyway.