Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Michaels sector perfomance etf Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bernieboy
Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:08:45 AM
On the recent version 12 i really liked the sector performance workspace you created.
I have tried to replicate it but canno,t any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Michael_T
Posted : Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:56:18 AM

Worden Trainer

Bernie,

The WatchList is each of the X (Spider) ETF's that represent the 10 major sectors of the market.

The columns are simply a custom date sort of each year up to this one...and then from the beginning of this year to the present. To build these columns, simply go to a weekly chart so you can get all the info you need (or even a 9-day). Click Shift+T for the Custom Date Sort. Drag your mouse over the first year you wish to analyze, fine tune the dates in the Custom Date Sort edit box, then click OK. Do this for each year and you'll have the columns.

The other windows are just a daily chart so I can the active symbol in my watchlist; news and a small chart of the Spy (unlinked by symbol color). 

Hope this helps.
bernieboy
Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 7:34:51 AM
Thanks Michael i see that the yearly conditions are now in the columns section.
Saves having to doing it all individually.
Many thanks for your help.
TuthDoc
Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:09:19 AM
Michael,I was just reviewing the video of introduction to TC 2000 and regarding the sector performance workspace you created was great. Can you give me the symbols ETF's of the 10 major sectors you used?Thank you.
Michael_T
Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:12:20 AM

Worden Trainer

They are: XLK, XLT, XLV, XLY, XLP, XLB, XLI, XLU, XLE, XLF