Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

import symbols Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Runsun
Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:43:47 PM
How can I import symbols from a cvs file into TC2000.  The help tab doesn't really answer this for TC2000
bbruin
Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:05:40 PM
Assuming you have created a Watchlist, copy the symbols from the CVS file and then Control V when you are in the Watchlist.
MauiTrader
Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 10:46:08 AM
How do you import the Price and Share data along with the SYM?I can import the SYM but the other data doesn't import.Mauitrader
bbruin
Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 11:05:08 AM
When you import the symbols into a watchlist, whatever columns you have in the watchlist will show you that column data. So if you have Price, Volume, % Change etc. as watchlist columns, you will have that data.Or am I not understanding your question?
MauiTrader
Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 6:29:33 PM
In my CSV file I have symbol and shares, in my watchlist I have a heading for Symbol and Shares with one stock entered. I then import my CSV file but what comes across is the Symbol with 100 shares for each symbol but d not the shares that were listed in the CSV file.I hope this helps.Mauitrader
bbruin
Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 7:57:48 PM
Sorry, guess I'm not understanding you - I don't know what you mean by "shares".  What are the shares listed in the .CSV file - obviously not the current volume because that would definitely be listed if you added the Todays Volume column to a Watchlist.

And when you say "in my watchlist I have a heading for Symbol and Shares" - how do you have a column that has a heading called Shares?  That is not one of the default columns - unless you created a PCF and named it Shares.

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, June 6, 2011 9:11:30 AM

Worden Trainer

I do not know of a way to import the number of Shares held or bought into either the current production release of TeleChart or the TC2000.com version 11 beta yet.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles