Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Dividend per share, div payout ratios Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
droberts55
Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 8:40:18 AM

what would be the best way to do scans for dividend payout ratios & coverage ratios? 
Payout ratio:  div per share / eps
Coverage ratio:  dividend per share x #shares (float) / net income (net cashflow).  

I'm on a Platinum Suite subscription which uses Morningstar data, but I that SF & TC seems to only offer Div Yield or Div Growth rate.  There is no Dividend Per Share, which would be the missing key piece of data to be able to do each of the formulae above as a Combo Condition.   Seems it would be possible to make Combo Conditions.

I was looking at TradeStation RadarScreen, which includes a PayoutRatio in its list of fundamental indicators.  http://www.tradestation.com/popups/strategy_testing/radar_indicators/default.htm trying to replicate these scans in StockFinder, which can graph fundamental....seems like it would be an advantage of SF over TS to be able to see trends in these fundamentals. 

Also, if I set up a TC column for Div Yield, I'm puzzled by dividend yields for a number of ETFs which are significantly different than what appears on the Morningstar website.  example:  DRW, shows 8% on website, 24% on TC;  BBH shows 67% on TC, N/A on website.  Why the disparity?

And why can't SF graph the dividends dates, like marketwatch.com? or better, graph both ex-div & payment dates; & earnings dates.