Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

for craig--blocks nyc paintbrush realcode query Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Laufman
Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:34:07 AM
i downloaded your shared layout for the paintbrush realcode to color the candles green, red and white showing the volume interaction and COPIED your code into the realcode editor with the following problems: 

a) it colored the bars red and green but did NOT color the white bars. since it didn't work, i edited the code to simply color the bars red or green when down or up. (acceptable for the moment)

b) i saved the layout immediately. upon selecting the next symbol in the watch list all of the bars turned green. i checked the block diagram and green is the original default color. presumably this has something to do with problelm 'b', but i haven't a clue as to how to fix it.

thanks,
jl
Craig_S
Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 1:53:15 AM

Worden Trainer

Check the notes from class and follow the example in there.  You cannot just copy and paste that code from one chart to another because it uses the volume from the chart in the code itself.  Follow the notes and make it on your own to see what I mean.

- Craig
Here to Help!
Laufman
Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2008 2:35:21 AM

i'm having the following 'related' problem:

i've saved a daily chart and placed it in my layout as a 3-day chart next to the daily. it comes in with the bars painted red & green (no white/volume color) as on the daily. when i change symbols in the watchlist, it reverts to all green bars. i've tried retyping the realcode to no avail.

i cannot figure out what's preventing the new code from 'sticking' to the second chart, or how to 'detach' the original code and start with a new code window (if that's what's necessary). as the code does not require being linked to volume on this chart (as in the original query), color me stuck!

thanks,

jl

Laufman
Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2008 3:45:11 PM
ADDENDUM

regarding the above additional post, i remade the double layout (1-3 day charts in tandem), saved it, saved it again as a copy for backup. when i opened the chart today, sunday, both files had the imported file default to green-only bars.

what the 'f...' ???????

am i saving the file incorrectly? is there a problem with how i'm adding the second chart? what???

thanks,

jl
Laufman
Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2008 5:28:54 PM
ADDENDUM 2

a further note regarding the above--i discovered inadvertantly that if i change the time frame, the bar coloring changes back to red and green as advertised. but, when i spacebar to the next symbol, it reverts back to all green bars.
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, April 28, 2008 10:05:05 AM

Worden Trainer

jlaufman,
There is an issue where a Paint Brush may not always apply in the current version of Blocks (if this happens seems to depend on the Plot, your computer and the Paint Brush). This should be fixed in the next build.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles