Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Solid candles? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
TinGull
Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:33:19 PM
Hi,

Im curious as to why I can't have solid colored candles and have it only be based the actual candles open and close, not relative to the previous bar.  The way the candles are right now are realllly confusing for me coming from a charting package that gave me all the options I could ever want as far as how to color the candles, solid vs hollow...all that.  TC doesn't give me those options and it can be really difficult to interperate on the fly.

Any changes going to be made regarding this?

Thanks
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 1:27:27 PM

Worden Trainer

The candlesticks in TeleChart combine color and body type to provide both Close versus Open and Close versus yesterday's Close information in the same candle (if Plot down days in a different color is selected).

C > O Hollow
C < O Solid
C > C1 Green
C <= C1 Red

As was already mentioned earlier in response to one of your questions in another topic (Crosshairs), I can't say if or when something different might be implemented. Worden Brothers does not normally discuss or comment on future features, services or products until they are actually released or officially announced.

Blocks does have the ability to have all Solid Candles (although implementing this can be somewhat complex). My Wednesday, August 08, 2007 11:05:12 AM ET post in Colored Candles (with different time frames) has an example.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles