Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: proberts1957
About
User Name: proberts1957
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 59
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: SHORT LIST
Posted: Saturday, July 3, 2010 10:03:56 AM
Apsll, thanks for sharing!!!  I'll study your formulas with great interest as I too listened to the Larry Connors webinar and was intrigued enough to take a look at this approach and see if I can use in my trading.
Paul
Topic: SHORT LIST
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:12:40 PM
Apsll would you be willing to share your %True Indicator formula?
Paul
Topic: The Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge
Posted: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 10:41:40 PM
A lot of bullish engulfing candles showing up in my scans this evening, so you may right about the markets bouncing here Apsll.
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 2:52:57 PM
I should have checked before posting the above. After posting I logged and now see everyones names listed. Timing is everything in other things besides trading 
Posted: Friday, April 23, 2010 2:49:35 PM
I am seeing the same thing. In fact, I could not log in for the loingest time yesterday and thought I had a problem on my end. Finally tried to log in early evening yesterday and saw a message stating no one could log in. When I finally was able to log in the only names I saw was Davids and my own. Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.
Posted: Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:57:34 PM
Hi all,

I have just joined the game and a somewhat new trader (2 yrs) with lots to still learn. I mainly trade breakout and momentum type trades and as I work fulltime and can not watch stocks all day I am an purely an EOD trader. I will actually trade some of my selections but will be trying new approaches with other trades. I. like David, will in some cases use the game to see what others are doing and look for things others are doing that will fit my style of trading and help me improve my trades. At any rate, glad to be aboard and look forward to the journey and learning experience.

Paul from Az
Topic: PCF usingTSV
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 10:00:31 AM
Bruce, thanks I see that now. Appreciate your time, patience and understanding.... Your awesome...
Paul
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 9:59:25 AM
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:21:53 PM
Bruce, thanks for answering. As soon as I saw your reply I said  'ah-ha' thats it, then I  clicked on the TSV plot and selected edit fully expecting to see the exponential radio button selected. However, the 'Simple' radio button was selected so the chart plot and the PCF formula I used (TSV21>0) seem to both be for the simple TSV21.

Looking at the TSV plot for "MOVE", at the end of today (i did update everything) it looks like the TSV plot value is around 20 - 30 but the test window on the pcf edit window show TSV21 has a value of 85.10. So I am back to not understanding why they are different. I did open Stockfinder plot TSV21 and hit the period key twice to open the small box on the left that lists the actual values for all the plots on the chart and for "Move" it indicated the TSV21 value was 85. So, both the  Telechart PCF edit box value and Stockfinder match as far as the TSV value but I'm still concerned that Telechart does not seem to be plotting the TSV value correctly. Is there a way to show more values on the far right of the chart for TSV? Right now it only shows "0" at the center of the middle window and "285" at the top of the Middle window and "-285" at the bottom. Thanks for your time and help with this.

Paul
Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:03:03 AM
Quick question on PCF's using TSV. I wrote a simple PCF: TSV21 > 0. When I hit the test button the test window opened and showed a TSV value (81.84) for the stock "MOVE" and stated the result was true. However when I went to look at the chart for MOVE the TSV plot is below zero.  Both the TSV period in the PCF and on the chart are the same (21). I expected the PCF test window to show a TSV value of ~-100 which is what the chart is showing and I do not understand why they are different. Any help to understand why they are different would be appreciated.
Paul