Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

The Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge Topic Rating:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
davidjohnhall
Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 6:25:58 PM

Seeing as there's a lot of talk about the Dan Zanger method of trading lately, and because Apsll asked if i might do something similar to what I'm doing on another message board here -- why don't we create an exercise that will be a real education on how to trade and small portfolio of stocks real time?

The reason being three-fold:

1.  You will hopefully get a lot out of it.  Posting real trades on a message board in real time at the time of your entry and exit is an amazing learning experience.  For me it's almost harder to be transparent about what I'm trading than it is to risk money.

2.  Managing 2-4 stocks is a lot more realistic than throwing out 10 buy suggestions every day.  Managing a portfolio requires money management, trade selection, trade management, rule definition and focus.  After all, when your capital is tied up it's tied up and your stocks are either performing or they aren't. 

3.  It's increadibly helpful to newer traders to see the whole selection/management process in full swing.

So here's what I propose:

1.  We start out with a hypothetical Dan Zanger portfolio of $10,000.00 (that's what he started with in 1998) with another $10,000.00 in available margin and we can only hold a MAXIMUM of 4 stocks.  You decide the capital allocation to each trade.

2.  Your entries (accompanied by charts if you would like - not necessary) must be posted here with 5 minutes of your entry.  This will help keep us honest.  No waiting until the end of the day and then posting that you entered that day's star stock early in the morning and grabbed a 1 day 150% gain!  :)

3.  That you provide a weekly update of your portfolio and positions (open and closed) so we can all keep on track.

4.  The Dan Zanger Baz-illion Dollar Challenge isn't about offering unsolicited advice regarding someone else's picks, it isn't about questioning someone else's method, it isn't about poking fun at someone's level of skill or knowledge and it isn't about bragging rights -- it's about improving as traders -- sharpening our games -- and having fun!

5.  Your trades don't have to be momentum trades like Zanger -- they can be any method you like -- now's the time to try all of those crazy ideas you've been thinking about.  Oh, and you can trade long and short -- your choice.

6.  When it comes to the picks you can trade them live if you want to or you can simply keep track of your hypothetical portfolio.

7.  None of the trades methtioned here -- mine or anyone elses -- are recommendations to buy or sell any particular security and should not be considered investment advice at all. 

8.  You can join the challenge at any time.  Just grab your 10k -- and start picking!

9.  This challenge will run for 1 year (can we focus our attention for that long?).  In that time Zanger earned a 29,000% return and became the world record holder for a single year's gains.

10.  So I'm not stuck in this challenge all by myself the challenge will not begin until there are 4 willing participants.  As Apsll asked me to start something like this we will right off the bat consider him in.  So that makes me and Apsll. 

I hope a lot of traders here decide to join in.  I know it's difficult putting out picks and managing those picks for all to see -- but there is a benefit!   Even if picking only 4 stocks from the thousands out there forces you to really narrow down toward what you are really looking for -- then the excersise is worth it.

Besides, Zanger blew up 3 accounts before he got going on the path to 18 million!  If your account goes to $0.00 just say "I learned it from watching Dan!".  

Anyway, to end this post here are Zanger's own rules he trades by.  I'm not saying they're good or bad -- just that they're his:

1. Make sure the stock has a well formed base or pattern such as one described on this web site and can be found on the tab "Understanding Chart Patterns" on the home page, before considering purchase. Dan highlights stocks with these patterns in his newsletter.

2. Buy the stock as it moves over the trend line of that base or pattern and make sure that volume is above recent trend shortly after this "breakout" occurs. Never pay up by more than 5% above the trend line. You should also get to know your stock's thirty day moving average volume, which you can find on most stock quote pages such as eSignal's quote page.

3. Be very quick to sell your stock should it return back under the trend line or breakout point. Usually stops should be set about $1 below the breakout point. The more expensive the stock, the more leeway you can give it, but never have more than a $2 stop loss. Some people employ a 5% stop loss rule. This may mean selling a stock that just tried to breakout and fails in 20 minutes or 3 hours from the time it just broke out above your purchase price.

4. Sell 20 to 30% of your position as the stock moves up 15 to 20% from its breakout point.

5. Hold your strongest stocks the longest and sell stocks that stop moving up or are acting sluggish quickly. Remember stocks are only good when they are moving up.

6. Identify and follow strong groups of stocks and try to keep your selections in the these groups

7. After the market has moved for a substantial period of time, your stocks will become vulnerable to a sell off, which can happen so fast and hard you won't believe it. Learn to set new higher trend lines and learn reversal patterns to help your exit of stocks. Some of you may benefit from reading a book on Candlesticks or reading Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns, by Bulkowski.

8. Remember it takes volume to move stocks, so start getting to know your stock's volume behavior and the how it reacts to spikes in volume. You can see these spikes on any chart. Volume is the key to your stock's movement and success or failure.

9. Many stocks are mentioned in the newsletter with buy points. However just because it's mentioned with a buy point does not mean it's an outright buy when a buy point is touched. One must first see the action in the stock and combine it with its volume for the day at the time that buy point is hit and take keen notice of the overall market environment before considering purchases.

10. Never go on margin until you have mastered the market, charts and your emotions. Margin can wipe you out. 

Good luck all!

ben2k9
Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 8:31:01 PM

or why not just have a virtual trading game? 

http://vse.marketwatch.com/Game/Homepage.aspx

this way you just trade...and people can review your trading history.  And the game keeps track of your portfolio value.
Apsll
Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:51:10 PM

As David has mentioned I am in.

Two more to go. Ben I was not sure if your above post was an in or not for you. I do not want to be presumptuous. I hope that you will be in of course and I would love to see Tobydad as well I hope that he is not to busy to join us.

davidjohnhall
Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:33:04 PM

Ben and Apsll and anyone else who would like to join it's all set up...

First, go to the link above...

Then either sign in or create an account here:

Once you do that you'll need to find the game.  Click this link on the left hand link bar:

Here's the name of the game:

Haha Catchy name I know.  Don't enter any spaces.  Then you'll go to the sign up screen which will look like this:

Except where it says "quit game" on my screen it will say "join game" on yours.  Be sure to enter the game password before you hit the "join game" button.  The password is "ZangerZillions".

Then you'll be all set up and you can make your trade whenever.

See you there!
davidjohnhall
Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:34:12 PM

When I say "go to the link above" I mean the one in Ben's post.

Thanks for this idea Ben -- it adds a very realistic dimension. 
fpetry
Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:40:47 AM
I used to post a very detailed  trade here regularly, often in near real time.  It would be one stock at a time (never all my holdings) and I would get some replies now and then, but often none.  I liked to spell out the details and specifics, the reasonings for each move.  I did so to share my method with hope of generating discussion pro and con.  Lately  I've been simply pointing out charts I like without stating whether or not I'm actually in the trade or just watching.  Why do I do it?  Trading alone in a small town is just that, a lonely job, and being able to throw out trading thoughts online is a great stress reducer.

Your suggestion is a good one Davidjohnhall.  I think it would be easier for all to simply use this board for posting actual trades in detail, specific scaled entries/exits, etc.

So I'll try and start it off with one stock, CPBY.  I entered yesterday in two buys, at 6.61 and later in day at 7.07.   Stop tad below day's low of 6.50. Looking to add a possible third piece today or near future.  

CPBY gapped up on huge volume.  Major resistance a buck away at 8.  If 8 is cleared then no overhead, all clear air above, so everyone's a winner with no pressure get out.  Stock has the one big trait I love, a recent IPO (or chart history)  that's had time to mature.  William O'Neil says these recent IPO's of less than 8 years are the biggest winners with fastest gains on average, fwiw.

BTW, Zanger's trading rules above are just about dead on to what O'Neil teaches.
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 9:41:24 AM

I guess that I will go first. I will not be using the simulater for a few days. I am very busy and do not have the time to learn how to use it right now. Maybe ion the week end.

Thanks to Sailnadream...

Long PCBC 1,000 shares @ $2.25
Apsll
Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 9:51:02 AM

David:

First off thanks for starting this up. I have some questions concerning the rules.

Can we day trade?

When I am watching my stocks minute to minute I do not use a stop loss; is this allowed?

Thanks.

PS: My reasons for buying this one are detailed on Davids "Continuation" thread page 4

David please let me know if I am not following your parameters for this thread..

Again thanks for starting this up, I hope that more than just a couple folks will participate.

Apsll.
davidjohnhall
Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 10:05:46 AM

Hi Apsll, yes, you can daytrade.  The only real rule for the trading is that you hold no more than 4 positions at a time.  You can then trade however you like.  Just post your entries and exits here with 5 minutes of makiing them and offer a weekly update of your trades.

I will be using the simulator myself.  I think it's an excel;lent way to keep track.  But it's not necessary.  I will still be posting my weekly updates here. 

And thank you all for your contributions and interest.  I really think this will benefit the community as a whole.

And thanks to fpetry for being the first one in!  It's much appreciated. 

David John Hall
davidjohnhall
Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 10:08:19 AM

I will try and create a video of how the simulator works and post it this weekend.  It looks easy to use and lists your trades, your current holdings and calculates your p/l.  That's one thing I like about the simulators -- they give you a lot of ways to analyze your trades and your performance.
tdmartha
Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 10:50:52 PM
QUOTE (davidjohnhall)
Hi Apsll, yes, you can daytrade.  The only real rule for the trading is that you hold no more than 4 positions at a time.  You can then trade however you like.  Just post your entries and exits here with 5 minutes of makiing them and offer a weekly update of your trades.

I will be using the simulator myself.  I think it's an excel;lent way to keep track.  But it's not necessary.  I will still be posting my weekly updates here. 

And thank you all for your contributions and interest.  I really think this will benefit the community as a whole.

And thanks to fpetry for being the first one in!  It's much appreciated. 

David John Hall

NO, you cannot do such in the marketwatch simulated trading or any other simulated trading platform for that matter.  They are all based on delayed data.
To make things even a little less interesting you must realize that if you have real time data from any other source you can then manipulate your results in the delayed data platform - as you will now be able to anticipate price.
Also your actions on the simulated platform have no effect at all on the markets.

Just some facts - there are some more.
davidjohnhall
Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2010 11:56:45 PM

TD -- thanks for the info.

So much for daytrading -- sorry Apsll.  Most of the simulated platforms make up for the delay by quoting delayed prices but filling at r/t prices.  So anyone wanting to take advantage opf the delay is unable to.

However, if you have to cheat on such a good natured challenge then I fear you have problems no level of trading education can cure.

And yes, there is no effect on the market -- but how much of an effect does a real $10,000 account have on the market?

Finally, there is no money on the line so the psychological component is removed.  But do you know what replaces the money component?  The ego component.  Believe me -- posting trades on a public forum creates nearly the same psychological imbalance as money risked.  For some it may be even more.

You should take the challenge and see.  10,000, 4 stocks max, 1 year.  I think the hardest part for most would be being disciplined enough to stay with the program and keep the thread and the trades updated.

So far there is not enough interest to get it started.  So be it.

David John Hall
davidjohnhall
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:27:59 AM

Welcome aboard WW!  And congratulations on taking the lead!  :)

2 more members needed and we can begin.  Only 363 trading days left.
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 8:21:08 AM

David; I just registered for the simulator. To bad I cannot sneak yesterdays order in there. Oh well there are always new opportunities.

Come on folks please sign up for the game.

Ben
Tobydad
Fpetry
Diceman
Traderm30
Tiger (after his work in Haiti)
davidjohnhall
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 8:40:29 AM

Welcome Apsll.  Congratualtions on taking the lead.  Only one more entry and we have a game and the potentail for a great learning experience!  Sorry about your trade yesterday -- you're right -- it would have made a great start.

Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:53:16 AM

Long MPG @ $3.75 (Real Trade)...

I entered the trade in the simulator at market and I have recieved no confirmation so ????

I have two trades on my spreadsheet PCBC & MPG
fpetry
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:54:48 AM
Davidjohnhall, is the game supposed to use actual real positions or is it just a "play" contest for fun?  Is it a Zanger sanctioned contest?  Reason I ask is that I would not want to play it unless I gave serious attention, and considering I have real open positions currently, I would not want to divert my concentration too much.  But good luck with it regardless.  Thanks.
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:22:54 AM

Fpetry I hope that you decide to come on board.

I am taking this serious. The trades are a reflection of real trades that I am making. The share sizes are different of course due to the game limitations. MPG was an add-on postion for me as I have already been in this stock for a while.

I would like to thank Sailnadream for finding PCBC for me. If my MPG trade is registered on the Simulator then that will be my only position but so far it has not registered. So I will also count my trade from yesterday if that remains the situation.

Welcome aboard Fpetry...I hope.

Apsll.
wwrightjuly4
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:45:55 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Apsll,   pcbc  shows as canceled under 'orders'  you may have to re-enter.

one of mine also failed. not sure why.

I dont think my trades will be of interest to anyone, nor a threat to so call 'win' the game, but I am using this to test 'My' interpretation of Zanger method and how it would work for me,  i.e. buying larger blocks of one or two stocks and managing those trades.   I have just started reading the Zanger book, and also working on the Perl book for Demark indicators.  

I intend to boil the demark signals down to real code, but the book is a bit vague at first glace and the many indicators are inter-dependent at first glance,  and I am slow, so could take some time.   Maybe I should just send the book to Jas, he could probably whip it out in 5min...makes me ill  ; )

regards.

davidjohnhall
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:52:00 AM

Hi Fpetry,

I am using the game as a way to look at Zanger's 200mph inches from the wall methodology.  He's mainly an EOD (end of day trader) so it will not be that difficult to manage the positions.  You can use positions you're currently in or try out a new method of trading that you'd like to try. 

Dan Zanger did not sanction this contest it's just something I came up with off the top of my head.  I would only enter and play if it's something that seems interesting to you.  I certainly wouldn't want the contest to cause anyone any stress.  I'm managing 2 real portfolios myself (based on 2 different systems) along with doing something like this on another forum and now this.  You can say that I am a little obsessed with trading.  :)

Apsll,

As far as I know, the simulator sends trade confirmations out 20 minutes after you make a trade.  I see that you and WW took trades today.  On that note I say we say the challenge is underway. 

Good luck! 
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:31:27 PM

Long Q @ $5.45
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:34:41 PM

Yes WW I cancled it because I was not sure that it was all working, now that I am aware of the 20 minute lag then I will not have these problems. Thanks for climbing on board sir.....
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 3:52:35 PM

Long DPTR 2,000 shares @ $1.59
davidjohnhall
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:16:18 PM

Hey Apsll,I'm under the assumption that if we take trades in the simulator we don't need to post them here. If you want to that's fine - I'll just be posting any charts of my traded here and weekly performance updates. Nice day for you today by the way. Congrats. I'll be trading more of a swing/position style with holds running between 1wk to 1 month - as I trade breakouts and many fail - those will be closed more abruptly - I'll post more about what I'm looking for later. David John Hall
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:43:35 PM

No problem David. I was just following the program that you and the Diceman were using on FTV.

I will just plug my trades into the Simulator and post a weekly spreadsheet.....
davidjohnhall
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:57:11 PM

No worries Apsll,

You can do it whichever way you like.  I'm just glad we got the show off the road no matter how few of us are in in the caravan!  :)

Here are the trades I entered this morning, and a little more about what I look for in a trade.

A low priced stock, breaking out to new highs of greater than 60 days (sometimes shorter is I think it looks really strong) and usually after a large decline the quarter before   Most of my charts look like this.

I usually like to get in on the first day or the day after the breakout.  This one looks a little too extended but I wanted to get the challenge started.

The other two I took are pullbacks to the breakout zone.  I have noticed a higher failure rate with these though rather than those that breakout and keep on going.

These are flatter base breakouts but still work all the same.

On these trades I'm usually looking for a 25-100% gain with stops in the 5-15% zone though I've been narrowing my stops lately and focusing on achieving the highest risk/reward I can (thanks to observing diceman).  Also, I've never traded so few of them at one though -- I'm usually in 10 at a time -- so this will really let me focus on my selection criteria.

Below is exactly what I'm looking for.  This is a trade I took over at the other message boad.  At the time I was using a 2*atr stop and a 4*atr target.  This hit the target of 20% in just 4 days.  What happned after I closed let me know that tight stops after target, or doing as Oneil does and closing 1/2 the position and letting half run after target is a very good idea as this stock continued on to a 200% gain.

It's not uncommon for me to run into 5-10 small losers/gainers in a row before catching something like this.  After all these types of moves don't apear every day.  I've also been noticing that if the move doesn't happen within 5-10 days it's most likely not coming.

The key for me is to know what I'm looking for, keep reminding myself what I'm looking for, and work to improve my method and myself each time out.

Good luck.

David John Hall
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:59:03 PM

Yes I almost forgot that we need to share what we look for in our choices.

I noticed David that you are looking for these bottom break-outs. I have to learn to stay in them longer once I jump on board. I do not follow statistics as closely as you do, I really should. I have always been a mess that way. Reading your dialog with Diceman just makes me realize how un-disciplined I am. I will buy a stock based on recognition of pattern, like I have seen this before, and I know what to expect. I will then sell at say 10% or 15% profit a few days to a week latter.

A stock that I like for tomorrow is S. Someone mentioned it here on this forum a while ago and I have been watching it ever since. Sailnadream has been reminding me a lot of some training that I did years ago (I guess that she just finished up with it) "Techni Trader". They discuss Worden indicators like TSV & BOP. The more time that has passed the less I have used these indicators but I am starting to take a fresh look at the way I was taught to use them. Take a look at this chart for Sprint Nextel Corp. If you apply the sub indicator "ROC" to TSV then it reveals some powerful information. Rate of Change when used on TSV can expose smart money intervention. As TSV is rising it will not only cross the zero line but it will also cross up over ROC. The sign for large lot investors will come when ROC will cross down bellow a rising TSV.  A sign for the Swing trading Institutional traders is when Rock is moving fast and creating peaks and spikes near a trend reversal. You might want to slap a slow stochastic in the bottom window and a TSV with ROC in the middle then you can watch for these signals and do some awesome Bottom formation Swing trades. At some point though price will start to be less volatile and you will see it start to set up to move out of its bottom and then you will see TSV and ROC act a little different. When you get the positive divergence between TSV and ROC you will see ROC go down and TSV will go up. They will diverge from each other in more of a smooth pattern as apposed to the peaks and spikes. I believe that S is there and we will see the break out any day now. 

Here is the chart that shows all that I have discussed. I will discuss BOP on my next stock.

ben2k9
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 8:36:40 PM

guys, i would like to participate, but things are so busy right now I don't think I could be able to take it very seriously. 

I don't see how participating in this would do anyone any good, mostly myself...
Apsll
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 8:43:55 PM

I just want to share this TSV set-up in action. I am going to show you the chart for DNR.  Now before price ran up to $18 it was consolidating at around $15. During this consolidation the stock was being quietly accumulated and the signs were there by way of TSV & BOP.

You will notice the diverging TSV from ROC. Keep in mind that every stock right before it takes off is not going to show this set-up, the way I see it is that if you do see this set-up during a consolidation then the probability that the stock will move up is more on your side than if there were no clue.

This is just to show one way I look for trade candidates. Actually I have not used this technique as much lately as I used to but I am going to start using it again. Also Dave and I hope to get more members to take part in this thread. It gives a chance for all to share.

Here is the chart. check out that after this consolidation the stock ran up to $18 and in my opinion is still going.

davidjohnhall
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:31:14 PM

I don't see how participating in this would do anyone any good, mostly myself...

Point well taken, Ben.  Honetly, no one has to participate.  If the benefit isn't visible, then you are correct there is no benefit.

For me personally, the benefit comes from being visible, being transparent, and trying new things.  From my perspective, on the message board, I see a group of traders throwing out buy recommendations or ideas about which stocks are going up or down.  From my perspective that is probably the smallest part of trading. 

We don't get to see how recommendations play out over time.  We don't get to see how money management plays out.  If you have 10 buy recommendations and 3 of those stocks make amazing gains and 7 do nothing but you are more heavily positioned in the 7 that did nothing what does your equity curve look like?   How do you select a stock or a group of stocks with limited capital when you're used to throwing out 5 swing trades a day but don't have the capital to make all of those trades?

At first blush, a game like this might seem like a joke.  But with the limited number of trades and the transparency I think it becomes something much larger.

I have been trading for about 5 years (not that long actually) and I can honestly say that creating a constrained, transparent trading environment for myself (even though real capital is risked) has given me some of the biggest ah-ha moments since I began. 

Based on that, I thought it might benefit others.  But I can only speak for myself. 

David John Hall
ben2k9
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:06:02 PM

i think the idea is actually very good, and at another time, i'd be all about it.  But the next couple months will be some of the most demanding months of my life...closing on my first home, having my first child, and business is busier than ever.

Maybe once things settle down I can jump in
davidjohnhall
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:26:46 PM

Wow Ben!  Congrats on all of those things -- especially the child.  Good for you.  Jump in whenever you like.
tobydad
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:10:13 PM

All; don't mean to be unresponsive. I'd love to be involved. Two weeks ago my oldest sister (whom we all love very, very much) was diagnosed with advanced cancer. Many complications. We're in and out of the hospital alot these days. She's such a great sister, it's sad to watch her suffering. Enjoy the contest; just be aware I'd pick some 400% winner and it would all be over. Just joking around, just joking. Take care.
tobydad
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:20:28 PM

If I was joining the game, I'd start off with Long 10k shares HTX at conditional order 4.17.
davidjohnhall
Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 12:36:55 AM

Tobydad,

I am so sorry to hear about your sister's complications with cancer.  I lost my mother to lung cancer when I was 20.  It is a devistating disease.  I hope and pray your sister finds all the help and support she needs.

David John Hall
Apsll
Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 7:10:48 AM

Tobydad I too am very sorry to hear this news. I lost one of my sisters to pancreatic cancer last year. Like you I come from a very large family and we are all very close. My prayers go out to you my friend.....

Apsll
diceman
Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 9:53:15 AM

Sorry to hear that tobydad.
My prayers are with you and your family.

Thanks
diceman

davidjohnhall
Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 12:03:31 PM

Welcome aboard 3rdeye!  It's great to have a new addition to The Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge.  As you can see, it's a friendly, no stress atmosphere in which we can discuss what is working and what isn't.  Hope you get a lot out of it!  

Also -- I have decided that if the challenge runs all year then at the end I will be sending a First Annual Dan Zanger Ba-Zillion Dollar Challenge t-shirt to the winner.  I'm sure the design will be tacky and embarrassing and you'll never want to wear it but I think it would be fun.  

davidjohnhall
Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 1:15:32 PM

Fpetry, welcome!  Be honest, was it the t-shirt prize that got you in?  :)

Thanks for joining.  

I'm looking forward to the discussions the trades generate.  
fpetry
Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 1:44:09 PM
QUOTE (davidjohnhall)
Fpetry, welcome!  Be honest, was it the t-shirt prize that got you in?  :)

Thanks for joining.  

I'm looking forward to the discussions the trades generate.  

Definitely the T-shirt! :)

Don't know how the rest of you guys are playing it, but I'm not trading the game  like my real portfolio.  For instance I'm in the game fully loaded and bought all four stocks all at once.   And I've got stops entered at the game for full position, whereas my real holdings have multiple stops for each position.   A couple game stocks I actually own but a couple of stocks not listed there, one for example too extended now to buy for the game's purposes.  It would be too time consuming to continually edit and manage the game and my real positions too.  But I hope to update it now and then to reflect stocks of interest I'm following and/or actually owning.