Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tonyfromjersey
About
User Name: tonyfromjersey
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Candlestick patterns
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 7:21:18 PM

I watched the video tutorial on conditions and saw in the conditions drop down menu the formulas for bullish and bearish candlestick patterns.  I went to my conditions tab and there are NO formulas for candlesticks at all.  I'm trying to inlclude these formulas in a scan.  Where can I find these?  Thank you

Topic: Best Indicator for TRUE buying pressure
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:46:44 PM

Newbie user here.  You have almost too many indicators.  That's great.  However, I'm a believer in true buying pressure preceeding price.  I'm sorting through a select group of ETFs, and then breaking out the individual stocks in those ETFs looking for the high flyers in a ETF that's moving.   After 9 days, I'd like to know where each stock is at with an indicator such as OBV...But, I'm not sure I can do that in the system.  First, a question; if a stock has an up day on average volume, but then has a massive selloff with high volume in the last 10 minutes, yet the stock closes barely above the open, is all that volume assigned to a big up day OBV?  I guess what I'm looking for is the NET On Balance Volume; or another, better indicator that says where the volume really is going and if sales are going of nearer the bid than the ask.  Whose more willing, the sellers or the buyers?

Can you recommend a setup for me to use.  I've been playing with this for a few days and haven't really found anything that fits my personal criteria the a surge (net tick by tick) in volume preceeds most up or down moves.  Or maybe I'm just not looking at a certain indicator correctly.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Topic: Telechart Formula
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 2:37:03 PM
I'm trying to create a price channel.  I'm trying to create an envelope showing, as the center line, the mid-point of the High and Low of the last 50 periods.  Then I'm trying to show 5%, 10%,015%, and -5%, 10%, 15%, etc.

I have an old telechart example but the formula doesn't look right, I've tried it, and it doesn't work.  But the "paint" file shows what I'm trying to do.  I don't know how to attach it here.

Can I get an assist?