Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: kennethroyal
About
User Name: kennethroyal
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 2
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: sorting in Excel vs sorting in TCNet
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:09:12 PM

TCNet ... eg, in Excel, if put spaces between 0 entries, the spaces will be ignored and the 0 will spring to far left of the cell ... but in TCNet, the spaces between the 0s will hold (eg, 0  0  0  0  -  ). Another point ... changing, within Excel, the FORMAT / Cells - Number tab selection (Gen'l vs Number vs Text, etc) will not help the sit'n.

In TCNet, can go DATABANK / Export to Text .. hit Export to text > box comes up and enables select comma or space or tab delimiter .. maybe the delimiter selected is going to be clue to understanding the sort that TCNet uses in WL sorting .. I would like to know (1) what I can accomplish within TCNet using this delimiter function (2) whether I can get Excel to duplicate the TC sort ... I would then be able to play around in Excel knowing that what I found to be true in Excel would also be true in TCNet.

Conceivably, the conversion Wizard Excel function might come in to this eqation.                      Thank you ...          roy stewart
Topic: verification that San Jose, CA, Jan 18th/19th at the Hilton is a FOR SURE date!!
Posted: Tuesday, January 8, 2008 5:30:00 PM
I am near Palm Springs, CA .... this is 1st I heard about TCNet conference in San Jose ... how do I register, get dates ......... do you know motels & rates ??     ty roy stewart