Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: JohnGault
About
User Name: JohnGault
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 67
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: CAT, TEX, JOYG and more
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2006 9:49:59 AM
s-c,

I like JOYG a lot. Thanks for the heads up.

JG
Topic: Timed Internet Updates
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:42:05 PM
Can someone recommend a keyboard/mouse macro program that would enable me to do timed database updates? I'm just looking to have the DataBank/Update Via Internet/Update menu and mouseclick command sequence executed unattended every 15-20 minutes or so.

Thanks
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2006 3:41:15 PM
Can someone recommend a keyboard/mouse macro program that would enable me to do timed database updates? I'm just looking to have the DataBank/Update Via Internet/Update menu/mouseclick commands executed unattended every 15-20 minutes or so.

Thanks
Posted: Wednesday, August 9, 2006 6:32:01 PM
Does anyone know if there is a developer that has made it possible to do automatically timed updates of the TC database during the day? If not, could this possible be done by way of a macro program or something? I'd like to have TC do unattended backups at regular intervals - say every 15 minutes - if possible.

Thanks
Topic: FLR Head and Shoulders
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2006 8:22:46 PM
Regardless of the constellation (i'm a pattern cynic and can actually see 2 h&s patterns - one on the right shoulder of the bigger Jan - Aug pattern), the volume accompanying the drop from the 09May high was that of a buying climax. The momentum from that top was strong, but not overwhelming and has turned somewhat neutral, so i'd say we still have downward bias.

It's not real weak on a rs plot vs. DWC--X, so you'd think there would be some better prospects for shorting, but you do have a well defined stop above 91.60 that will make it easy to choose your position size and exit if you choose to take the trade.

JG
Topic: What does it take to become a successful investor?
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2006 8:10:18 PM
If anybody passed up reading tonight's Worden report, you need to go back and read the submission from Sir Bigfoot. Brilliant!

JG
Topic: STEM, NGEN, CV, & ENTU
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2006 10:53:17 AM
SG,

Group relative strength sucks, though.

JG
Topic: STEM, NGEN, CV, & ENTU
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2006 10:50:27 AM
SG,

FWIW, to me the pullback, so far, in TFSM looks like an opportunity to add or open a position. Classic double bottom momentum/volume action, if you ask me.

JG
Topic: cray
Posted: Tuesday, August 8, 2006 10:45:37 AM
htnrph01,

Rule #1 (there are many rules #1) ...

Before buying, know at what point, or under what conditions you will exit. Once you have established that criteria, following it without second guessing. The criteria can be somewhat flexible (yet defined), but your decision to follow through with the criteria cannot be flexible.

Instead of HOPING after you open a trade, anticipate the worst that could happen and how you will react to it.

JG
Topic: HUM - any Wyckoff tape readers out there?
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2006 1:18:38 PM
Thanks jim, but the close on 02Aug already answered my question and invalidated my interpretation.

JG