Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: yvberj1
About
User Name: yvberj1
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF for Moving LR30
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:44:58 AM
Thanks Bruce. I'll try that.
yvberj1
Topic: PCF for Moving LR30
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 8:54:24 AM
I would like to see about creating a PCF as follows.

Price crossing the Moving LR30. One for up and one for down. The price should cross the LR30 and the next one or two days stay either above or below the line.

Can you help me?
Thanks,
yvberj1
Topic: PCF Result numbers.
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2005 7:54:13 AM
Thanks Craig.

Now I see and better understand the results.

yvberj1
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2005 7:35:17 AM
Thanks for the reply Doug. I know what the formula stands for and understand logic and the reasons for the numerical vs True/False results.

What I don't understand is what the result number, 22.12, stands for. Is it a percentage, if so a percentage of what? Is it the distance that the price is from the (in this case) 50 dma? I haven't been able to get consistant answers.

He is another example. Using the same formula for symbol MHP. The result today is 106.72. What does that stand for?

Thanks
yvberj1
Posted: Thursday, December 1, 2005 5:25:19 PM
When setting up a PCF you have the option of a True/False result or a numerical result. What does the number in the numerical result stand for?

As an example: The following PCF, (C + AVGC50) + (C1 - AVGC50.1). When I do a test I get the following test results for symbol ASGN. In the main window it shows, (11.05 + 9.31) + (11.00 - 9.25). I know what these are, but, below the window it shows Result: 22.12. Could you explain what that stands for?

Thanks,
yvberj1
Topic: Calculating new PCF
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:43:45 AM
Craig,
I figuered out what was happening. When I was updating to calculate I wasn't in the "All Items in System" watchlist. When I updated again just now it calculated correctly.
Thanks,
Alex
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:25:15 AM
I tested both ofthe PCF's using IBM.
(Avgc45) New result: 83.35/81.44
(AVGC30) Original result: 84.61/80.30
The watchlist I have up is "ALL STOCKS"

You say watch this video. What video?
Alex
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:10:52 AM
If you didn't get them here they are again.
This is the new PCF AVGC45 / AVGC45.45
This is what I modified it from AVGC30 / AVGC30.30
Alex
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:08:56 AM
Craig,
Did you receive the PCF's that you asked for?
Alex
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:54:14 AM
I've had a problem calculating a new PCF. This has happened a couple of times. The last time I entered the PCF and then updated but nothing happened. This was on a weekend and I closed down and updated a number of times. On Mon. after closing down and updating again a number of times it finally calculated.

This morn. I modified an existing PCF, clicked save as, and updated to calculate. It didn't calculate and the original PCF which I kept now does not show any info. on my watchlist. I've closed TCnet and updated several times, but nothing happens. When I click the test button on the PCF window it gives a result,(numeric)"HELP"

Alex