Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: pacific
About
User Name: pacific
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Question regarding "either/or"...parts of a PCF
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:17:42 PM
If I want to show results in a scan for one of three patterns that may show up...can the PCF for those patterns be written as          ...or...or...

Eg: of Doji's and near Doji's

((O=C) OR (O1=C1) OR (ABS(0-C) <= ((H-L)* 0.1))....

Is that basically going to show up any one of the 3 candlestick pattens that fulfill those conditions....rather than writing a PCF for each one and then having to run 3 seperate scans.

Thank you.
Topic: New Strategy Video question
Posted: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:24:36 PM
With the greatest respect, your video set forth some specific guidlines...I (and some other people that I interact with) were just trying to clarify your commentary from the CD. I realize that trading is context, but we are trying to understand yours as a starting point for this type of analysis. Sorry if you feel this request for clarification is to minute...students dont always follow at the pace of the teacher.
Best regards,
LD
Topic: New Strategy Video question
Posted: Friday, August 15, 2008 2:31:37 PM
I have 3 questions, one regarding the stochastic and one regarding TSV and 1 regard the Envelope Channels

1. If the stochastic is over sold...moves up BUT NOT TO THE OVER BOUGHT AREA, and moves down again and then a signal bar occurs when it moves up above the 25 level...is your experience that it is a better setup than if the stochastic when from Oversold into the Overbought area (above 80)...then it came back down and up again to fulfill the long entry signal. It seems to me that going from one extreme to another extreme represents significant momentum that MAY adversely affect the type of entry that we are looking for..that being really a minor retracement within an initial momentum move. Any clarification would be helpful..

2. If the TSV on the 3 day Block setup (of this strategy) and the 2 day TSV are both not above the 0 line...would that cause you to be more cautious if the TSV on the 1 day TC2007 chart was in fact above the 0 line?....Would you anwer be any different if on the 1 day chart MS was not only above the 22 moving average, but also had penetrated the outer band of the Envelope Channel?

3. The video was for me abit unclear as to the exact rule that you look for regarding the envelope channel. I believe you want the MS to be above the 22 EMA...but looking at the charts a price move normally occurs when the EMA breaks the upper channel of the Envelope Channel. The problem is that when it breaks the envolope channel it may be a number of days after the Blocks signal occured. I know this is a process and nothing is exact, but getting some clarification regarding what part of the envelope should be violated by MS and if this occurs a number of days after the Blocks signal ...how do you read those tea leaves?

Thank you very much.

LD
Topic: Peter Worden Template from the new Video
Posted: Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:03:42 PM
In the new strategy video that Mr. Worden sent out he has a chart setup for TC2007...I have a few questions on those settings...

1. Over price he has a 20,50,100,200 and 500 moving average. Are all of those simple or do some of them have other settings...eg: Expondential...and/or shift left?
2. On that chart he uses a TSV of 16 and a Moving average of 15...is the moving average simple?
3. In the 3rd subgraph he uses an 8 and a 22 moving average...are those simple or another setting. The Envchannel that is put on 22 is based on that moving average as I understand it, so I just want to make certain I have the correct information.

Also the conditions for the stochastics are for a long...do you know if there is a set of conditions for a short also?

Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

LD
Topic: PCF for range today vs. Average range for last 30 days
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2006 1:57:28 PM
I would like to identify small range bodies (C-0) that are 1/8 of the range of the average bodies of the last 30 days... I have tried something, but I do not think it is correct...would appreicate some help.

ABS(C-O)=<AVG(C-O)30*0.125

If I wanted to find bodies for the last 3 days...that met that criteria...I tried the following...is that correct?

(ABS(C-O)AND ABS(C1-O1)AND ABS(C2-02))=<AVG(C-O)30*0.125 ... or (assuming the correct PCF to begin with)....should I just write 3 seperate PCF's for each day....seperated by an AND. I dont know whether including all 3 in one PCF would make the sum of all three days <= 1/8 of the average body range of the last 30 days...(I want each day to be <= 1/8 of the average body range of the last 30 days)

My objective is to try to find doji type patterns that are consolidating and have not yet broken out...any further suggestions would obviously be appreciated.

Thanks so much
Topic: Request for help with come candlestick PCF's
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:17:10 PM
Yes Craig...that is what I meant. Thanks
Topic: Request for help with come candlestick PCF's
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 4:23:15 PM
I am trying to develope some candlestick scans and RANGE is something I am unfamiliar with. I have 3 requests that once I understand, I can develope some scans. I am defining the body of the candle as the value from the Low to the High (same value would be from the High to the low...since it is the distance between those 2 prices that is important to me)

1. Range of the Open to the Close of Today is <= the Range of the Open to the Close of Yesterday.

2. Range of the body of todays candle (Open to the Close of Today) is <= 25% of the range of the entire candle (High to the Low of today).

3. Range of the body of today's candle (Open to the Close of Today) is in the lower .30% of the entire range of the day (L to the H... H to the L)

Thanks so much for any assistance that can be offered.
Topic: Candlestick range PCF's...request for assistance
Posted: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 1:10:49 PM
I am a candlestick trader and would like some help creating a few PCF's that involve the range of the BODY of the candle (Open to Close) NOT the range of the entire candle...

1. Close of day 2 within the range of the Body (open to close) of day 1

2. Range of the Body (open to close) of day 2 within the range of the Body (open to close) of day 1

3. Close of day 2 within the upper 75% of the Body (open to close) of day 1

Thank you very much for your assistance.

LD
Topic: PCF for moving average test...
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2006 11:30:03 AM
Regarding the prior post #8...I tried to write something that would give me a H above the 20 period m.a. today when price had not been above the 20 m.a. for the last 5 days...it is not yielding any results...something must be wrong with the script...sorry to belabor this...but still cant achieve the result that I want...as outlined in the post above...thanks for any help...
H >= AVGC20 AND H1 < AVGC20.1 AND H2 < AVGC20.2 AND H3 < AVGC20.3 AND H4 < AVGC20.4 AND H5 < AVGC.5
Topic: PCF for moving average test...
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:57:39 AM
This is still not giving me what I am looking for...I am looking for a price bar...the high of which was below the 20 moving average yesterday (preferably for the last 5 days) and today the high reached or exceeded the moving average...it finally touched it. I am looking for price that will reject the moving average once it gets there in subsequent days (I will determine this by putting it on a watchlist). If you can help me with the 20 moving average I will copy the syntax for the 50 and 200. The scans which I have been helped with dont visibly do this using the graphic 20 simple moving average placed on the charts. Thanks so much...