Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Dano
About
User Name: Dano
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Importing data from another source
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2005 10:51:43 PM
Hi, I do this all the time. It's real easy. First create your text file. If you download the list as an excel spreadsheet you'll have to save it as a text file - save it to your desktop so you know where it is. You can clean it up in excel but I prefer a text editor called textpad www.textpad.com. Windows Notepad will work too, but I use textpad for other things so I like it better. You'll need to remove everything except for the symbols. Each symbol should be on its own line. Save it with the .txt file extension, example ibd100.txt. Then, in tcnet, go to File, create new watchlist, type the name of watchlist, select import from file. Then you have to browse where the text file is located - your desktop. That's it. You should now have your new watchlist. Easier yet, many already import the IBD 100 list regularly and post as a shared watchlist. Join the A-lists club and you'll find it in there.

Topic: TSV range
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2004 3:33:00 PM
Excellent,thanks for the help! I like your Worden Studio, feel it really adds alot to the service. Looking forward to figuring out all it offers.

Dano
Topic: TSV range
Posted: Wednesday, December 1, 2004 2:32:14 PM
Hi,
I would like to do some scanning and sorting with TSV - similar to that shown on your Moneystream Scanning and Sorting CD. There are not standard PCF's for TSV 3 month range, etc. I guess I would need to create PCF's for TSV 3 month range, 1 year and 3 year. Would this be the best way to approach this? Also, please help with the PCF's on these, and I can take it from there. Thanks much!

Dano