Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ucsense
About
User Name: ucsense
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 77
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: moving averages crossing
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 2:58:43 PM
How about these same moving averages  - 10 and 30 - crossing each other in either direction? With both the Simple MA and the Exponential MA? Thank you!!!
Topic: Getting the most out of TC2000 and StockFinder 5.1
Posted: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 9:50:40 PM
I have been a subscriber to Worden in the above products for several years now. But, for awhile, I stepped away from constant trading and drifted away from each of these products. 

Now, I am back and am requesting your advice on how to work with both of these products together to insure that I am enlisting the best of both products as I attempt to utilize the strengths of both.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ucsense
Topic: Working with Telechart and StockFinder
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:40:21 PM
I am convinced that these 2 tools will together provide my necessary tools to multiply the size of my portfolio. I am seeking assistance in developing a combination of the two to locate stocks and/or ETFs that will be on the move upward or downward at any specific time.

What do you believe is the right road to follow to marry both of these tools to provide me with a blueprint to extended success in my trading - and holding - and timing - and success.

Thank you for your assistance! I am looking forward to future success through your suggestions.

ucsense
Topic: Scans and PCFs
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 2:16:58 PM

I would like to do this in TC2000 version 12 and beyond when available.

I am interested in being able to locate stocks/etfs that are just beginning to drop below their 50 day moving average on daily charts - like the 1st or 2nd day of the Crossover. 

I would also like to be alerted in my email when this occurs.  And, I would like to see this with symbols that average a minimum volume of 250,000.

Please steer me to the most easily accessible manner - and tell me why this is the best compared to other methods - to present this information. 

Thanks, Bruce!

Have a great weekend. Stay out of the storm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic: Scans and PCFs
Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 3:47:13 PM
Because of the erratic movement of the market, I have not utilized Scans and PCFs for quite some time. At this time, I am now interested, however, in creating a PCF and running that PCF on a daily basis. The stocks I am interested in are crossing dowm through the 20 SMA with a volume surge - not certain what the surge should be to affect the movement of the stock. I suppose this should be adaptable to the situation....

I am not even sure I would know how to conduct a PCF search once this PCF is operative. Also not certain how Scans and PCFs differ and how they are each activated. Need your assistance...

I appreciate your help! Thank you for being there for us...

ucsense
Topic: Seeking to create PCFs and Real Code formulas...
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 10:46:37 AM
showing 6% or more increase in closing price compared to the close of  yesterday's trading day.

Also, a 6% or more decrease in closing price compared to the close of  yesterday's trading day.

I believe that this would require both PCFs (Telechart) and Real Code formulas (StockFinder) for each of these separate situations.

Thank you for your assistance!

ucsense1
Topic: New Indicator
Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 4:05:21 PM

Recently, I came upon a Condition you created which required a bit of time to create. This is something I have been working on for a period of time but nowhere near as close to the formula you created. This particular Condition concentrated on the downside.

I am more interested in the upside. I am attaching the formula for the downside condition and am asking you to assist me to the upside. I know there are a number of changes necessary but, as I know next to nothing of Real Code, I fear that I would screw it up on my own.

Here is the Condition:

'# BBTop = chart.BollingerBands.0
'# BBBottom = chart.BollingerBands.1
'# Percent = UserInput.Single = 1
'# DiffTop = UserInput.Single = 0.3
'# DiffBot = UserInput.Single = 0.3
'# Cumulative
Static MaDownCount As Integer
Static WithinCount As Integer
Static SixMonthBars As Integer
If isFirstBar Then
    If isYearly Then
        SixMonthBars = 1
    Else If isQuarterly Then
        SixMonthBars = 2
    Else If isMonthly Then
        SixMonthBars = 6
    Else If isWeekly Then
        SixMonthBars = 26
    Else If BarInterval.TotalDays >= 1 Then
        SixMonthBars = 126 / BarInterval.TotalDays
    Else
        SixMonthBars = 126 * System.Math.Ceiling(390 / BarInterval.TotalMinutes)
    End If
End If
If Price.Last(3) <= BBTop.Value(3) AndAlso _
    Price.Last(3) >= BBBottom.Value(3) AndAlso _
    Price.Open(3) <= BBTop.Value(3) AndAlso _
    Price.Open(3) >= BBBottom.Value(3) Then
    WithinCount += 1
Else
    WithinCount = 0
End If
If CurrentIndex >= 20 Then
    If Price.Last < Price.Last(10) AndAlso _
        Price.Last < Price.Last(20) Then
        MaDownCount += 1
    Else
        MaDownCount = 0
    End If
    If CurrentIndex >= 22 Then
        If 100 * (1 - BBBottom.Value(1) / BBBottom.AVG(5, 3)) > Percent AndAlso _
            MaDownCount >= 3 AndAlso _
            WithinCount >= 5 AndAlso _
            Price.Last > Price.Open AndAlso _
            Price.Last(1) < Price.Open(1) AndAlso _
            Price.Last(1) < BBBottom.Value(1) AndAlso _
            Price.Last(2) < Price.Open(2) Then
            Dim Avg As Single = (BBTop.AVG(5, 3) + BBBottom.AVG(5, 3)) / 2
            Dim LowPerc(1) As Single
            LowPerc(0) = Single.MaxValue
            LowPerc(1) = Single.MaxValue
            Dim AvgPerc(1) As Single
            AvgPerc(0) = 0
            AvgPerc(1) = 0
            For j As Integer = 0 To 4
                Dim Perc As Single = 100 * (1 - Avg / BBTop.Value(3 + j))
                LowPerc(0) = System.Math.Min(LowPerc(0), Perc)
                AvgPerc(0) += Perc
                Perc = 100 * (1 - BBBottom.Value(3 + j) / AVG)
                LowPerc(1) = System.Math.Min(LowPerc(1), Perc)
                AvgPerc(1) += Perc
            Next
            AvgPerc(0) = AvgPerc(0) / 5
            AvgPerc(1) = AvgPerc(1) / 5
            Dim HighPeriod As Integer = System.Math.Min(CurrentIndex, SixMonthBars)
            If AvgPerc(0) - LowPerc(0) < DiffTop AndAlso _
                AvgPerc(1) - LowPerc(1) < DiffBot AndAlso _
                Price.MaxClose(5, 3) >= .94 * Price.MaxHigh(HighPeriod) Then
                Pass
            End If
        End If
    Else
        SetIndexInvalid
    End If
Else
    MaDownCount = 0
    SetIndexInvalid
End If

If you need any further information, I will supply it ASAP. 

Thank you!
ucsense1

Topic: Have been trying to create a PCF and Scan re: crossing 200 Moving Average
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:09:09 PM

One more question...

How would I use this formula on Stockfinder 5?

Thanks!

ucsense1

Topic: Have been trying to create a PCF and Scan re: crossing 200 Moving Average
Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 4:10:51 PM

THANK YOU, Bruce! Quick question: How long did it take for you to answer this? - actual time working on the formula? (I just want to see how long I must work with this to be 1/2 as fast as you are.....

Posted: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:24:35 PM
Have been trying to create a PCF and Scan re: price crossing up thru the 200 Moving Average within the last 1 or 2 days with a volume of at least 250K (and, also, a 1.5 increase in volume over the last 5 day  volume average) but the chart doesn't cooperate with my desires (imagine that). 

Obviously, there are several things I have missed here. Please send help as this has me pulling hair out...

This is what I developed but in many instances I find the price far above the 200 MA:

AVGC200 > AVGC200.1 AND AVGC200.1 > AVGC200.2 C > AVGC200 V >= 1.1 * V1 AND V1 >= 1.1 * V2 TSV > TSV1.1 MS > MS1.1 V >= 2500 1 <= C AND C <= 200 AND V >= 2500

I also need a formula to find price moving down through the 200 Moving Average with the same volume parameters.  Simple MA is fine in all instances.. 

If you could supply these for me, I could possibly learn to create formulas on my own.....

Thank you!!!

ucsense1