Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rkoby
About
User Name: rkoby
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: What happened to alerts in the Gold version
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2016 4:30:14 PM

What they are doing is pretty lame.  There are many of us which do not need real time data but we do need alerts.  What i see happening is that they are going to stop supporting v12.5, 12.6 at some point and then force us into 16 and to pay up for the real time feed.   I have been a TC2000 user for probably over 20 years and i am not happy about this treatement.

Topic: Entering notes in Stock Finder vs Telechart
Posted: Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:16:33 PM
Well, Scratchpad does not address what i was speaking about because it is just a place for general notes and not attached to any specific stocks.  My understanding of synching with the Blogs is that it really does not bring up all the notes associated with a symbol that i jump to like occurs in Telechart.  Telechart is simple and elegant in this respect.  I am not sure what Telechart does better than Stock Finder other than these useability features which could be resolved.   It does appear to me that no new development is taking place in Telechart and there is quite a bit of updating going on in Stock Finder.  It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where things are going.
Topic: Question to Telechart Users
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:09:04 PM
I have been using Telechart for many years.  I have used stock finder off and on over time as it has been developed.   I think it has reached a point where the charting abilities are very good.  However,  telechart still provides the best way i know to keep notes on each security you follow that are synchronized to that security.  I think keeping a journal of your trading is essential to being long term successful.   Stock finder wants you do that in a blog apparently and the blog has all your notes on different securities mashed together.   In my view, that is pretty useless.  If you are just interested in technical analysis then stock finder seems superior to telechart at this point. 
Topic: Entering notes in Stock Finder vs Telechart
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 9:04:50 PM
I have been using telechart for years.   It appears that new development is not taking place in Telechart anylonger and all development resources are going into Stock Finder.   One of the features i like best about Telechart is the ability to very easily keep a note journal on each stock i follow.  The note taking ability in Telechart is very straightforward.  It automatically sticks a chart in your note and all your notes about that stock  are listed in a scrolling box which is easily accessible. So it provides a journal on each stock as you follow it and trade it through the years.   On the other hand,  if i understand Stock Finder correctly,  you have to enter stock notes in a Blog.   The blog is not linked to the symbol and chart that i am on.  I can develop categories for each symbol but these are tremendously awkward.   Am i doing something wrong?  Is this correct that i cannot keep simple notes on each stock in Stock Finder like in Telechart?  Are you planning on implementing that capability?   It seems really crucial for me to move my work from Telechart to Stock Finder.  It makes me very nervous to be working in a piece of software which is in maintenance mode.  It is also awkward switching back and forth betweeen Telechart and Stock Finder.  ARe there any plans on providing intra-day updating in STock Finder like is available in Telechart (gold)?  Stock Finder is evolving into looking like a good piece of software.  It has come a long ways from Version 1.0 which i considered very awkward.   However, again,  the ability to keep a journal attached to each security is really essential to being a good investor.  It allows you to keep track of how you arrived at your decisions and improve over time.