New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: stargeezer
About
User Name: stargeezer
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 217
[0.07% of all post / 0.04 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: 50-Stock limit on Android app?
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 11:05:01 AM

Version 1.2

So, I uninstalled this version, went to the Google Play Store, downloaded the current version, and...

"This device isn't compatabile with this version."

Well, that sucks.

Any suggestions?  My phone is a Motorola Droid MAXX.

Topic: 50-Stock limit on Android app?
Posted: Wednesday, March 28, 2018 1:26:11 AM

There seems to be a 50-stock display limit for watchlists on the Android mobile app.  Is that correct?

Topic: Layout Group save Default suggestion for v16
Posted: Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:07:48 PM

At the training class in RTP yesterday (March 10, 2018) Michael said the Save Layout Group window would show the name of the current Layout Group as the default for saving.  Mine always shows Layout Group 1 as the default, just like it did 23 months ago back in April, 2016 with Version 16.

If I save the current Layout Group as a different name and then immediately open the Save Layout Group window it shows Layout Group 1

Does thia actually work for anyone?

I am using the current Version 18.0.6626.29703 with Windows 10.

Topic: Comparison of Worden products?
Posted: Monday, December 04, 2017 10:32:36 AM

Is there a comparison available of current Worden products with the fundamental differences or each noted?  What are the major differences in versions 7, 12, 16, 17, etc?  Which are installed on our computers, are web based, or are Silverlight based? Are each of these available for installation and where?

Thanks.

Topic: PCF Indicator Names and Labels
Posted: Friday, April 28, 2017 1:42:30 AM

If an Indicator (PCF) Formula is created in the Edit PCF window and given a name and the Indicator is added to a watchlist as a column, the column takes the given filename as the heading.

If this Indicator is plotted on a chart, it takes the Formula as the indicator name on the chart although this is not the name of the indicator file.

This is not consistent.

If the indicator is edited from the plot and given a Label, this Label only remains for the current plot and is not with the Indicator if it is called up again. 

However, if you add the indicator to a watchlist as a column, the column takes the Label (and not the Indicator name as before) as the column heading.

If the Indicator is added directly to the watchlist as a column, the column takes the Indicator rile name and not the label name.

This can be confusing.

If you save the indicator from the plot, the indicator file name is whatever is used as the indicator name on the plot, whether it is the Formula or the given Label.

If the initial default label was filled with the file name when the indicator was generated then the plot label, the chart column label, and the file name would all be the same without confusion.  If you wish to have the file name different from the column heading/plot name, the you can change either or both of those when the indicator is saved.

Maybe I am missing something here.  Why is the name initially given to the indicator not used as the default label when the indicator is initially plotted but is used as the column heading when the indicator data is used in a watchlist chart?

Topic: Fixed Rate of Return data error upsets plot location
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 11:33:48 AM

Oops, I thought it was fixed but I was wrong.

Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 9:04:02 AM

Thanks for fixing this so quickly.

Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 12:02:14 PM

Plots of Fixed Rate of Return (FX##) data always show the last data point (i.e. today) wrong.   This point is usually too low by about half the value of the fixed rate.   It's always been annoying but now sometimes this upsets the new Smart Scaling by causing plots to be positioned incorrectly by considering data that lies outside the range of correct data and the scale can't be easily changed to bring things back into view.

I think this error is in all versions of TC2000 after Version 7.

Thanks.

Topic: Version 17 beta apples to apples comparisons
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 5:50:08 PM

Bruce, thanks for the reply.  I'm beginning to understand this now. However, there are still some things that don't seem right.

1.  In Smart Scale with Percent Grid, is the scaling factor supposed to be locked at 81% for secondary plots, both separate and overlay, while the primary plot factor can be changed?   It would be more useful if the secondary plot factor also had the option of being linked with the primary plot factor or, when the secondary price scale is toggled into view, independently changed.

2.  Changing scale parameters is confusing with a Secondary chart overlay that is not scaled with the primary chart, both with Fixed % Grid.  When only the primary chart scale is toggled into sight, the Red % and a mouse wheel roll over the vertical scale both control the primary chart.  When only the Secondary chart scale is in sight, the Red % controls the primary chart as before and a mouse wheel roll over the vertical secondary chart scale controls the secondary chart.  These should be consistent with control of the visible scale.  Also it would be nice to have the option of linking the Red %s together.  There is no way to change the Fixed % for the secondary chart except by using the drop down menu rpeatedly.

Thanks for the reply and all your help.

Topic: Version 17 beta apples to apples comparisons
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 1:18:24 PM

The new Smart Scale features V17 Beta are nice but I'm having difficulty making a true apples to apples comparison of stocks on the same scale.

I would like to compare two stocks, one from each of two watchlists, in an overlay on one chart using the same Fixed % Grid scale value without locking the price absolute numeric values to the same scale. 

This would allow actual "apples to apples" comparison of stock price movement expressed in Percentage.

I've tried adding a Symbols plot, changing the Symbol to Color Group selection, and then moving the plot to either Overlay or Overlay & Scale With without success because they are always scaled by absolute price value and not percentage change.  If the price values are much different, one of them does not show.  For example, try to compare a stock to BRKA.  This type of comparison was available in earlier versions.

Am I missing something  in making this comparison?

Comparisons of added plots is also difficult is because parameter change controls, displayed at the bottom right of the primary plot, are not available on the secondary plot and it is impossible to determine the percentage between lines parameter.

Another way to make "apples to apples" comparisons would be to add the Color Group selection option to some of the 10 entries in Comparisons pull-down in the Chart Properties panel.