Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Layout Group save Default suggestion for v16 Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
stargeezer
Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 12:03:38 PM

In TC2000 v16 there is no way to identify the currently Layout Group while it is displayed or when it is being saved.  This can result is over-writing a saved file or making duplicate files.  I would like to make the following suggestions.

1.       Add the name of the current Layout Group to the top line of the TC window.  There is plenty of space between File/Tools/Help and My Services.

2.       Include, as the default, the name of the current Layout Group in the Save Layout Group popup window.  Using Layout Group 1 as the default serves no purpose.  The Save Layout and Save Chart popups do this correctly by using current names as the default.

Thanks.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:33:31 AM

Worden Trainer

Thank you for your suggestion.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
stargeezer
Posted : Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:07:48 PM

At the training class in RTP yesterday (March 10, 2018) Michael said the Save Layout Group window would show the name of the current Layout Group as the default for saving.  Mine always shows Layout Group 1 as the default, just like it did 23 months ago back in April, 2016 with Version 16.

If I save the current Layout Group as a different name and then immediately open the Save Layout Group window it shows Layout Group 1

Does thia actually work for anyone?

I am using the current Version 18.0.6626.29703 with Windows 10.