Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: brnewman
About
User Name: brnewman
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Historical Volatility (HV)
Posted: Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:32:39 PM
When I add indicators that are already saved formulas from the clipboard why does the title not show up ? I am only seeing the word "formula" and a small amount of the actual formula. It is very confusing to understand which indicator I have actually chosen.
Topic: Replies to "If you are new to TeleChart READ THIS FIRST"
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2005 10:49:11 PM
Craig I did try the formula and it does work. Thanks However I did find an example of a formula for 10 day historical volatility and I am wondering if this would work in your system. ((Std(Log(C/Ref(C,-1)),10)*Sqr(365))) If this does work can you help me rework the whole formula so I can do a comparison between the two. Thanks again.
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2005 10:49:13 PM
I am not a mathmatician but the definition of volatility after looking it up = one standard deviation of the natural logarithm of the price change annualized. I would like to measure the historical volatility used for options calculations. I am assuming there is a formula to measure the stocks price changes to get this. Your easy scan had volatily but I could not understand how to equate it to "X" days vs "Y" days.
Posted: Tuesday, September 6, 2005 9:27:10 PM
I would like to create an easy scan that would locate optionable stocks > $10.00. I am looking for a comparison between 6, 10 , 100 day historical volatility. What I would like to see is when the 6 day and 10 day are less than 1/2 the 100 day. I can create part of this but I am struggling with the comparsion. Can you help.