Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: BobM
About
User Name: BobM
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 36
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: New High Count from user defined date
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 6:31:02 PM

Bruce:  Fiddling with this indicator I changed "high" to "low" (see below) attempting to get and indicator that will show the count below its price as of a specified date.

*** StockFinder RealCode Condition - Version 5.0 www.worden.com
'|*** Copy and paste this header and code into StockFinder *********
'|*** Condition:Price below Date High
'|******************************************************************
'# HighDate = UserInput.Date = "12/31/2010"
'# Cumulative
Static Basis As Single
If isFirstBar Then
 Basis = Price.Bar.lowValue(Price.IndexForDate(HighDate))
End If
If Price.Last > Basis Then
 Pass
End If

It seems to work OK, (I think) but the high and low indicator don't add up to 100%.  I assume this is because it is looking at the high of one bar and the low of the other bar, on the two indicators.  I then tried to replace "high" with "close" to no avail: lots of error messages.

If I'm correct in my assumption, and if using the closing price would allow two indicators, one showing items above its close on a certain date and the other showing items below, to display two separate values equaling 100%, (for instance 22% above and 78% below - on the same date) would you please make that change to the formula.  I've looked at the RealCode reference book and am stumbling.

Thanks,
Bob

Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:35:06 PM
Thanks!
Works like a charm.

Bob
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 7:54:15 PM

I would like some help creating an indicator that will count the number of new highs in a watch list between the most recent (current) date and a user specificed date in the past.   In other words, if the user defined date was January 1, the indicator would show the number of stocks in a list which now trade above their January 1, price.  Obviously, this would not work on any time frames less than daily.

Thanks,
Bob

Topic: RUT-X and its A/D Line
Posted: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:03:34 PM

I notice that the RUT-X has been the leading index (after the NDX-X) lately.  I ran an AD Line on its components and see this line greatly lags price on the daily chart.  To gain more perspective I changed the time frame to a weekly chart and was suprised to see on this scale the AD line greatly leads price.

I would not have assumed the disparity would have been so great between the daily and weekly AD line, with one showing a clear lagging condition and the other showing a clear leading condition. Based on this observation I must assume there is a "ideal" time frame from which to draw a correlation between the AD Line of components of an index and the price of the index, based on the underlying math used to create the AD line.  Any thoughts?

Topic: Price change from point in time
Posted: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:01:44 PM
I would like to figure out how to create an indicator or condition which will show price as a perentage above or below a certain price based on a date in the past.  In other words, I would like to be able to scan a list with the output being each stocks relative position to its  price at some prior date.  For example, stock X has a price (either OHLC) on July 10th.  How is stock X's price today, relative to its price on July 10th?  Price in Range (PIR) doesn't quite get it, because if price exceeds July 10ths price and retraces, but is still above the July 10 price, the PIR result is less than 100%.  Min or Max of Line plots the line from a certain number of bars ago, but I don't see how to calculate variance above of below the line in present time.  
Thanks,
Bob M
Topic: Bar Count
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 7:07:04 PM
I would like to edit the cross-hair/splitter code so that in the pop-up value box, showing the day, H,L,C,O, etc. will also show the number of bars from the right edge of the chart to the cross-hair.  I can't recall how to access the cross-hair.

Thanks,
Bob M
Topic: AD Line with set points
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:32:36 PM
Thank you Bruce, I'll give it a try.

Bob M
Topic: AD Line with set points
Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:13:08 PM
I'm stuck: I would like to create an indicator that will show the cumulative count of new highs since a specific date or bar count.  "Count % New Highs" shows the daily (using daily time frame) % of new highs in the new high period, but does not compile the count.  In other words, can I create an indicator that will show the number of items in a list that are above a specific price, or close for a specific day, and plot that count over time.  Think of it as an Advance Decline line, with the ability to set the starting point in time and or price.  Ideally, it could be used on other indicators too.  For instance, how many items items are oversold in a list, with the ablity to set the reference point of "oversold" as a specific number, or time.
Thanks,
Bob M
Topic: Error Saving Window
Posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 8:15:10 PM

When I attempt to save and close a chart I get a long message in an Error Saving Window, which starts "System.NullReferenceExpection: Object reference not set as an instance of an object..."
The chart contains five panes, each with a different index displayed along with its MA and the MA of its volume.
What does the error message mean?  
Should I assume there is some random corruption in the chart, scrap it and rebuild?
I don't want to just delete and rebuild it if there is a chance I won't be able to save the new one either because I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Bob

Topic: Price Plots
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 8:10:18 PM

With a new chart and the DJ-30 as a Watchlist, hitting the space bar changes the plot to each successive item in the list.  Deleting the plot using the "X" in the upper left hand corner of the pane next to the up/down arrows and pin button removes the plot.  When the space bar is now used the watermark and header labels still move in tandum with the Watchlist. but not plot is visible. 

How to I get the price plot to reappear?  In other words, I must assume the link between the Watchlist and pane is still active, but how do I get the plot of the active symbol in the Watchlist to reappear?  Using the Add Indicator/price of symbol allows a plot of a specific symbol but it is not linked to the Watchlist, though the watermark is for the item in the Watchlist, not a random symbol plotted.

Thanks,

Bob M