Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

AD Line with set points Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BobM
Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 5:13:08 PM
I'm stuck: I would like to create an indicator that will show the cumulative count of new highs since a specific date or bar count.  "Count % New Highs" shows the daily (using daily time frame) % of new highs in the new high period, but does not compile the count.  In other words, can I create an indicator that will show the number of items in a list that are above a specific price, or close for a specific day, and plot that count over time.  Think of it as an Advance Decline line, with the ability to set the starting point in time and or price.  Ideally, it could be used on other indicators too.  For instance, how many items items are oversold in a list, with the ablity to set the reference point of "oversold" as a specific number, or time.
Thanks,
Bob M
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:54:06 PM

Worden Trainer

If you double left click on the Moving Average Block in the Block Diagram of the Count % New High Indicator, you can add Sum for Period as one of the selections to choose in place of the Moving Averages.

You should be able to Open an attached Indicator directly into a running copy of StockFinder 5 (and save it from within StockFinder 5 if desired). You could also copy and paste the Indicator into the \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\My Indicators\ folder and then load it like you would any other Indicator.

Attachments:
Count Percent New Highs.sfInd - 7 KB, downloaded 528 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
BobM
Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:32:36 PM
Thank you Bruce, I'll give it a try.

Bob M
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 7:35:52 AM

Worden Trainer

You're welcome.

-Bruce