Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: TheStockBandit
About
User Name: TheStockBandit
Groups: Blocks Member, Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 51
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Volume % at a given time - Blocks
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:39:15 PM

Bruce, please excuse my ignorance here but can you confirm if this example chart accomplishes the same thing as discussed in this thread:

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=23776

If so, can you explain the output values a bit?  I'd like to know what I'm seeing when I click on your chart and see a value for "Volume Vs. Average" and it says 5.37..... does that mean the relative volume is 5.37 x normal or 105.37% of normal for this time of day?  (Relative volume being current time's volume compared to moving average of same time in previous days).

Also, does the specified time of day need to be adjusted anywhere or is it purely a 'now vs. then' comparison depending on where I'm clicking?

Thanks for any additional clarification here, as this is a block I've eagerly anticipated!

Jeff

Topic: Blocks Moving Average Value Label
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2008 10:36:49 PM
Perfect Craig, thank you very much.
Topic: Blocks Moving Average Value Label
Posted: Thursday, February 7, 2008 11:21:19 PM
I can click on a chart in Blocks 3 and in the pop-up window see the current value for a moving average, but how can I just get that label to display in the scale?  I'd like it to appear in the same manner as the default Blocks 3 last price overlay.

Thanks for all you trainers do here, and thanks in advance for any help on this issue!

Jeff
Topic: Moving Pcfs into Blocks
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:06:30 PM
Can you please post the link to the video of how to transfer PCF's to Blocks?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Topic: Identify strong & weak groups within an index using Blocks
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2007 10:13:48 AM
Craig, Yes that is correct.

This would help to identify both the industries within an index which are performing well or poorly, & of course the underlying stocks within those industries which are leading or lagging.

So a hypothetical example would be that a scan reveals copper stocks leading with FCX being the strongest, while residential housing lags with BZH as the weakest during a specified timeframe.

I can do this for "the market" by looking through the Hemscott Industry Groups using the Custom Date Sort and then doing the same within the strongest & weakest sub-industries, but I do not know how this could be accomplished for a custom index where not all industries may not be represented.

Hope that clarifies better, if not I can try again!

Thanks very much,

Jeff
Topic: Identify strong & weak groups within an index using Blocks
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2007 1:10:59 AM
I would like to find a way in Blocks to identify the strongest and weakest sectors within an index. I can use TeleChart to do this for individual stocks using the Custom Date Sort, but perhaps Blocks could even show me which industries are leading/lagging within a given index.

This could be a custom index or a known market index, so let's just use the RUT for example. How could I use Blocks to find which sectors/groups are behaving best and worst within that particular small-cap index during a specified timeframe?

Thanks for any ideas!

Jeff
Topic: Custom Timeframes
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2006 11:29:38 PM
Thanks Craig, that works for me!
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2006 6:29:44 PM
Oops, meant to include an example...

ESCL is an example today which is 'in between' Zoom levels 5 & 6
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2006 6:27:42 PM
Is there a way to create a custom timeframe for viewing a chart?

I usually use Zoom 4 but occasionally a stock has a significant gap which causes the need to zoom in further, but a Zoom 5 is sometimes too close. Is there a way to get 'in between' zoom levels?

Thanks!