Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Moving Pcfs into Blocks Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
AyrLass
Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:56:52 PM
I would like to have Sir Epiphany's PCF available in Blocks. I have copied it into Telechart and have started subscriptions to Blocks for stocks and for mutual funds.
Has someone already asked for a "how to" on transforming Pcf's and can you point me in the right direction to do this.
I am still pretty lost and finding my way in Blocks.
Thanks!
AyrLass
Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2007 6:57:59 PM
Forgot to add the PCF!

((C - C63) / C63 * 100) + ((C - C126) / C126 * 100) + ((C - C190) / C190 * 100).

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 1:48:59 PM

Worden Trainer

Please save the attached .pane file to:

My Documents\Blocks Files\Tool Parts\Chart

You can add it to any chart using the ADD STUDY button and it selecting Add Study | My Computer.

Please save the following .SGCol file in:

\My Documents\Blocks Files\Tool Parts\Columns

Once there, you can add the column by right-clicking the tab header of the WatchList, choosing load column then My Computer.

Please download the attached .scond files to:

\My Documents\Blocks Files\Tool Parts\Strategy Conditions

Once downloaded, you should be able to select Add Condition | My Computer when adding a Strategy Condition to access them.

The Compare Strategy Condition allows you to compare the values of the indicator for different bars. The Value Strategy Condition allows you to check for specific indicator values. You can combine both in the same Strategy

You can adjust the settings and view the Block Diagrams of all of the attached files using QuickEdit.

Attachments:
Sir Epiphany.pane - 7 KB, downloaded 880 time(s).
Sir Epiphany Column.SGCol - 5 KB, downloaded 903 time(s).
Sir Epiphany Compare.scond - 7 KB, downloaded 921 time(s).
Sir Epiphany Value.scond - 6 KB, downloaded 907 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
AyrLass
Posted : Monday, July 23, 2007 2:47:53 PM
Thanks, Bruce, Wonderful! Now to go try it out. I see there is also a new video how to transfer PCFs to Blocks. Terrific response.
Margaret
TheStockBandit
Posted : Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:06:30 PM
Can you please post the link to the video of how to transfer PCF's to Blocks?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff
Craig_S
Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:46:56 AM

Worden Trainer

I don't know of such a video. I am not sure what AyrLass is referring to.

- Craig
Here to Help!
AyrLass
Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:58:16 PM
Craig, if you are not sure there is such a video I must have made a mistake. I so want to be able to use Blocks and have been looking at videos as well as the Notes from Michael T.'s presentation in Seattle recently hoping to learn to do what I want to do to produce results. I run into obstacles all the time still. There are a lot of details to become expert on.
No question I am impatient with myself and feel like the turtle because of the learning pace. I am usually fast but not this time.
Please excuse this mistake. I have no idea right now where I thought I saw something that I must have misread.

Margaret aka Lady Learner
AyrLass
Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:38:22 AM
Bruce, I have saved the files per your directions. Right clicking on the WL column header brought up choices among them
'Add column' and 'Load column' but there was no 'My computer' that followed. When I typed ep short for epiphany the library was empty. As a beginner I have nothing else to draw on. Can you help? Was I in the wrong place?

Margaret
AyrLass
Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:58:52 AM
Another question re Funds. I can see that "Fund Category" is available as an item. How can I add this as a WL column?
Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:25:52 AM

Worden Trainer

AyrLass,
The My Computer icon () is along the left-hand side of the list of Columns that can be added when selecting Load Column.

The Member of Column in my Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:19:07 PM ET post in Sorting Sectors in Blocks can be used to display Fund Categories. Use QuickEdit to change the Member of setting to Fund Category.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
AyrLass
Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:12:05 PM
I tried the Member of in a column but cannot get the Fund category to come up. It is not there.
I am not getting the column with the results of Sir Epiphany to sort although it did at first.
Can you help please.

Margaret
Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:50:28 AM

Worden Trainer

AyrLass,
I just reloaded the Column from the Sorting Sectors in Blocks topic to make sure I didn't have a version on my computer with features that are not in the Column posted in the forums.

Fund Category is one of five Member of options available in QuickEdit (Fund Category, Fund Family, Hemscott Main Group, Hemscott Sub Group, Symbol Exchange).

Once you have added the Member of Column, right-click on the Column Header and select QuickEdit. You can then left-click on the small arrow pointing down to the far right of where it says Member of to choose any of the five options (including Fund Category).

The Sir Epiphany Column will not sort until it is finished calculating. This can take some time for large Watchlists. If you were using a small Watchlist earlier and are using a large Watchlist now, it might seem like it was sorting previously and is not sorting now.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles