Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mjbarton
About
User Name: mjbarton
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: below Bollinger band
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 8:48:20 AM

Not as easy as I was hoping.  It would be nice if there was a simple way to take any easyscan and apply it to 1 day ago or 2 days ago closings. it is a great way to see the reaction the next couple of days of what comes up on my personl easyscan.

Topic: below Bollinger band
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:16:12 PM

for bolinger band 20,2 how do I find a stock that was below the band yesterday and one for two days ago. I have one for current but want one for yesterday and 2 days ago to see how they react the next day.

also, for stochastics and macd, what are the best settings for short term on the daily chart.  I'm trying to find stocks oversold that might get a bump in the next day two.

Topic: a scan to find stocks with good support
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 12:20:51 PM

Yes, I was using IE.  I double checked it and tried many times before saying there was a syntax error.  BUT, I went to Chrome to cut and paste and it worked!!!  thanks.  

Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 12:09:03 PM

I get error in formula sytanx error?

Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 11:46:31 AM

thanks. Could you also tell me how to find a stock where the difference between the MACD 12 26 and the exp moving average 9 is less than it was yesterday. i.e. the macd is getting closer to the exp moving average.

Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 11:44:34 AM

anything at all that would show a stock with good support over the last 2 years?

Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 9:39:57 AM

like I posted earlier. It bounces off the support at least 4 time over the last years. so whatever the price is that it supports the price.

Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 8:39:04 AM

I want the resistance to be obvious over the last 2 years and yes bouncing off of the support/resistance would happen

Posted: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 7:02:45 AM

I need a scan to find stocks that:

Have demonstrated good support for the past 2 years. Maybe bounced off the support at least 4 times over the 2 years. Have at least a 10% spread between support and resistance. not too thinly traded. Maybe greater than 500,000 shares/day average. Thank you.

Topic: a scan for stocks approaching or recently dropped below their strong support
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:29:33 PM

perfect. I get it now. You are amazing. I have a BS in math and a Masters in statistics and I really had to study this to get it! Thanks again.